Weekly BF

Why people are quitting bf1 pc already..

Comments

• G-Gnu
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Blood_Wh1p wrote: »
    Solid_9493 wrote: »
    What kind of post is this?Who's quitting?

http://bf1stats.com/

Almost 80k players on pc right now.
    Why Nobody Is Quitting Battlefield 1 PC is what the title of this thread should have been. LMAO! Bozo kids.

Of course they are, only fan boys like you just dont see it .
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Blood_Wh1p wrote: »
    What kind of post is this?Who's quitting?

Almost 80k players on pc right now.
    Why Nobody Is Quitting Battlefield 1 PC is what the title of this thread should have been. LMAO! Bozo kids.

Of course they are, only fan boys like you just dont see it .
    Bozo kid detected

• TheDarkest0ne
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think BF1 is great, IMHO. This game has not been out for a year yet, not counting the BETA and Alpha. When a year has come from the release of this game, I bet there will be a lot more players and hopefully more of the kinks worked out by then. The younger generation needs to have more patience. As for my game playing experience, I had some issues, but I worked most of them out.
  • vaalix
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Im playing less and less and its not because the game, its because its riddled with cheaters and they refuse to do anything about it.
  • iiBiizzaa
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Unfinished? The game plays like a dream. I guess you people are new to PC gaming. Most games of this scale start out so bad its not even funny. How about back in the PS2 Socom, COD and Battlefield days. They did not fix every single little thing the people **** about. Just play the game in enjoy. You do know 80%+ of the problems are on your end or some guy with 300+ ping. Also not everyone is cheating. Its it just lag. It has been around for years and years. I keep seeing post after post of cheating with vids. If you watch them you see that is it lag related. At the end of the round the guy goes 30-8 and the people still think he is cheating. You look at his ping and it is huge. Are there people cheating yes. But not as much as people think there is.

Check the post with nearly 3/4 million views and tell me a constant error crashing the game isn't a problem? Haha
  • Axlerod1
    1379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have never crashed in this game.
    I would say it is the RSP program that is killing this game first.
    Second no admins to remove the artificially skilled players.
    Third would be the toxic chat in game. You know things you can not say in the forums.
  • Badchoicedude
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have a feeling that dice is not following agile development practices in the slightest. From what I've seen, big patches released infrequently is not usually good for anyone (except the bean counters). I would like to see weekly builds or even hot fixes. What about a public test patch like blizzard does?
  • straitR
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    labtud wrote: »
    straitR wrote: »
    labtud wrote: »
    I was doing some research for another thread and based on bf4stats.com and battlefieldtracker.com more people are playing BF1 on PC today than any given time on BF4 over its lifespan.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf4/population?days=-1

Currently online players (BF1)

PC: 65,939 (24h peak: 69,924)

you are missing over a years worth of stats with that, bf4 came out october 2013 not 04/2015.

Regardless, there are more people playing BF1 now than ever, this was true before the Christmas surge as well. So, the title of this thread, "Why people are quitting BF1 PC already..." is entirely incorrect and is one persons opinion not a fact.

I think you are confused here. There are less players playing BF1 at this time in its life cycle than there were at bf4's life cycle in feb 2014. Do you really think BF1 will pick up 20k more players (at peak) come feb 2017 ? (which is when you should be doing this type of post). You are showing player base bf4 stats that are are from 04/2015 which is well over a year after the game came out.

You cannot make a statement that "there are more people playing bf1 than ever"". If you are stating that there are more people starting to play bf1 (not compared to bf4) you are also wrong because peak player base when this game first came out was well over 150k peak. It dropped down to a steady 59k leading up to christmas and has now jumped back to 69k.

If you are going to compare player base stats please use figures that match the date times of the games life cycle and not pick data that is well over a year away from bf1 is now.

I made no comparisons to BF4. The OP says BF1 is losing PC players, and I'm saying there is no evidence of that. Of course there were way more registered players at launch when it was $5.00 for ten hours of game play.

Right now at the time of this posting, on a Tuesday afternoon at 4pm, there are 76,765 player on PC. It's fair to say that players are not "leaving BF1 pc already". That's my only point, and the statistics corroborate. If you choose to compare BF1 to BF4 on PC, or any other game, that's entirely different and not what the thread title or OP was saying in his post.
  • Axlerod1
    1379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    add in everyone is out of school and off work this week and more players are here right now. Last week there were about 25K playing on PC. Give it another look and see what it looks like then we can make a judgement.

With some of the DICE dev twitter feeds, I think they are a little worried about the numbers. They seem to really be worried about the Spring patch/DLC. They need money to come in and not everyone has purchased it yet. They know if issues are not addressed before then players will not buy it.
  • WilcoGamer
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Of course your going to get the initial crowd who buy it at launch and play it for 3 weeks before moving on to the next game all there friends play.

Lets compare it to other PC titles... right now 74,000 people are on BF1 on PC... thats more than the vast majority of steam games! http://steamcharts.com/

I do not believe people are leaving BF1 already... and if they are so what! 74,000 people are enough to kill :wink:
  • PlCATlNNY
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, it's all over...

Only 75k players at the time I viewed it... :D
  • AldermachXI
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yep, it's all over...

2 days after Christmas...shocking.

Give it 2 weeks and check again.
  • pinchylillobster
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yep, it's all over...

2 days after Christmas...shocking.

Give it 2 weeks and check again.

Lets not forget that they also put it on sale at 40% off for the holidays. I imagine a fair few picked it up at the bargain bin price to check it out.
  • iiBiizzaa
    A bugged game, laggy gameplay and random fps drops on a aaa title, the people who claim there are no problems with the game are the naive bunch!
  • D3VIL_DJ1NN
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Stopped playing bf1 for the moment, too broken.
    - guns that have no reason to exist, like the 12g automatic
    - being rewarded when you reach Lvl 10 with a **** sandwich. Seriously what were they thinking?
    - very bad respawn mechanic. Camp outside wall at C ballroom blitz with 10-a.
    - sweet spot mechanic. Not rewarding headshots anymore, lowering skill cap, making entire teams into snipers.
    - hit detection
    - bad server browser
    - not enough servers. Having high ping players ruin the experience for everyone.
    - weak anti cheat measures.

I could go on, but you get the point.
    Bfbc2 is only $5 on steam atm, still has an active community. Gonna revisit that for a bit.
  • Solid_SkG
    1134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    iiBiizzaa wrote: »
    A bugged game, laggy gameplay and random fps drops on a aaa title, the people who claim there are no problems with the game are the naive bunch!

The people who hate on this game are the people that they cant aim with a bolt action rifle and they prefer to spray and pray with an AEK because thats the only way that they can get a kill.
    All you people complaining just take a better look at your pc i bet its your potatoes problem running the game like crap.
    Bugs?Still bf1 is totally playable.
    People seem to forget the awful release of bf4,you make me believe that you just like to hate.
    Crybabies in here call the players who enjoy the game fanboys because they cant run it properly or they dont like the concept of ww1.
    Please go back to the copy of bf3(bf4)you enjoyed so much,or better try hardline i bet you will like it.
    There are still people crying about bad performance and im sitting here with 70 fps on MSR with settings on medium.
  • iiBiizzaa
    edited December 2016

The people who hate on this game are the people that they cant aim with a bolt action rifle and they prefer to spray and pray with an AEK because thats the only way that they can get a kill.
    All you people complaining just take a better look at your pc i bet its your potatoes problem running the game like crap.
    People seem to forget the awful release of bf4,you make me believe that you just like to hate.
    Crybabies in here call the players who enjoy the game fanboys because they cant run it properly or they dont like the concept of ww1.
    Please go back to the copy of bf3(bf4)you enjoyed so much,or better try hardline i bet you will like it.
    There are still people crying about bad performance and im sitting here with 70 fps on MSR with settings on medium.
    Haha, see this is the ignorance of the Internet, keyboard warriors like you come out to play..check the thread with nearly 3/4 of a MILLION views about the crashes and the bugs!
    Still totally playable? Hahaha some guys can't even play more than one game without it crashing, please go check yourself into a reality check clinic.
    But really thanks the ignorance in this post made my day, thanks.
  • H0WDidThatHappen
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you're lucky then the game is mostly playable, but you can't just blame all the people that have problems running the game, there are even people with very powerful rigs that struggle to run the game, they still get stuttering or FPS drops so it's more likely it got something to do with poor drivers or the frostbite engine!

And let's not start witht he bugs, they are out there and some are very nasty and nearly gamebreaking like getting stuck in a wall or unable to use your weapon after you got revived by a medic, those a serious bugs and that in a game like this that's publiced by a huge wealthy company! It's unacceptable they still haven't fixed them! These bugs should never even made it out of BETA ffs!
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016

Haha, see this is the ignorance of the Internet, keyboard warriors like you come out to play..check the thread with nearly 3/4 of a MILLION views about the crashes and the bugs!
    Still totally playable? Hahaha some guys can't even play more than one game without it crashing, please go check yourself into a reality check clinic.
    But really thanks the ignorance in this post made my day, thanks.
    I have been playing this game since the Alpha build and have yet to have a single crash. I play pretty much every day relatively bug free. Yeah I get the revive bug is annoying, is it game breaking? gosh no, I cycle my mouse wheel for a weapons change and its fixed, I press on, I deal with it.
    Ever stop to think for a minute that you cant squeeze blood out of a turnip and it might be time to up grade some of your components? I guarantee half of all the problems people are having is on their end and not all the games fault. My rig is three and a half years old aside from my graphics card, and I'm running the game flawlessly, so it cant be all the games fault.

• emerson1975
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am enjoying the game but it's rather rough around the edges if I am honest.
    Glad I got it half price because I don't think this has the staying power of bf4.