Weekly BF

Why people are quitting bf1 pc already..

Comments

• iiBiizzaa
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Blood_Wh1p wrote: »
    iiBiizzaa wrote: »
    Solid_9493 wrote: »
    A bugged game, laggy gameplay and random fps drops on a aaa title, the people who claim there are no problems with the game are the naive bunch!

The people who hate on this game are the people that they cant aim with a bolt action rifle and they prefer to spray and pray with an AEK because thats the only way that they can get a kill.
    All you people complaining just take a better look at your pc i bet its your potatoes problem running the game like crap.
    Bugs?Still bf1 is totally playable.
    People seem to forget the awful release of bf4,you make me believe that you just like to hate.
    Crybabies in here call the players who enjoy the game fanboys because they cant run it properly or they dont like the concept of ww1.
    Please go back to the copy of bf3(bf4)you enjoyed so much,or better try hardline i bet you will like it.
    There are still people crying about bad performance and im sitting here with 70 fps on MSR with settings on medium.
    Haha, see this is the ignorance of the Internet, keyboard warriors like you come out to play..check the thread with nearly 3/4 of a MILLION views about the crashes and the bugs!
    Still totally playable? Hahaha some guys can't even play more than one game without it crashing, please go check yourself into a reality check clinic.
    But really thanks the ignorance in this post made my day, thanks.
    I have been playing this game since the Alpha build and have yet to have a single crash. I play pretty much every day relatively bug free. Yeah I get the revive bug is annoying, is it game breaking? gosh no, I cycle my mouse wheel for a weapons change and its fixed, I press on, I deal with it.
    Ever stop to think for a minute that you cant squeeze blood out of a turnip and it might be time to up grade some of your components? I guarantee half of all the problems people are having is on their end and not all the games fault. My rig is three and a half years old aside from my graphics card, and I'm running the game flawlessly, so it cant be all the games fault.

Good for you.
  • Solid_SkG
    1134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Solid_9493 wrote: »
    A bugged game, laggy gameplay and random fps drops on a aaa title, the people who claim there are no problems with the game are the naive bunch!

The people who hate on this game are the people that they cant aim with a bolt action rifle and they prefer to spray and pray with an AEK because thats the only way that they can get a kill.
    All you people complaining just take a better look at your pc i bet its your potatoes problem running the game like crap.
    Bugs?Still bf1 is totally playable.
    People seem to forget the awful release of bf4,you make me believe that you just like to hate.
    Crybabies in here call the players who enjoy the game fanboys because they cant run it properly or they dont like the concept of ww1.
    Please go back to the copy of bf3(bf4)you enjoyed so much,or better try hardline i bet you will like it.
    There are still people crying about bad performance and im sitting here with 70 fps on MSR with settings on medium.
    Haha, see this is the ignorance of the Internet, keyboard warriors like you come out to play..check the thread with nearly 3/4 of a MILLION views about the crashes and the bugs!
    Still totally playable? Hahaha some guys can't even play more than one game without it crashing, please go check yourself into a reality check clinic.
    But really thanks the ignorance in this post made my day, thanks.

The thread you mention is the directX crash errors.And just because it has 3 millions views it doesnt mean 3 million people had this crash everytime they were joining the game you dumbf**k.I had 0 crashes from day one and i play this game in a crap pc,what is you f***ing excuse?Always whinny posts since bf3 i joined this forums.Start posting something positive if the only thing you are able to do is bring tears in here then stop we already have enough.And people should start checking their rigs because after the dec patch the majority is running bf1 great.And yes the bugs are not a thing the game is still playable.
  • Shredder2-4-D
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A big reason I quit on pc is that their is no good servers, not good custom servers, no good named rented servers to favorite, all Dice servers that have no good game improving limits.

Its totally generic play do to the lack of custom rented servers...
  • Cipax
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I pretty much gave up on trying to play.. I'm a dual 4g 770 user so I get the **** crashing problem even tho I've played the alpha and beta without any problems, once full release came around I was instantly slammed with these problems. Love the game from what I have played, I just wish I could play without any problems.
  • SockPuppet47
    157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Because I spent a lot of $ for upgrades and the game is glitchy and freezes every 20 sec for 2 seconds like a loop for me with no fix in sight. Tried everything short of re-installing Windows 10 and I won't be doing that for one game to maybe work right when every other one of my games works as it should.
  • bobcool
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Good game. Poor optimization for a lot of people with the newest rigs(FPS drops, cpu usage). I've had little issues with an old i7 4770 and 780ti... Except for the broken borderless fullscreen. That said, the community whines quite a bit and they should either just play the game or keep the whining to a minimum. If your PC can't run the game and meets the required specs, yeah please complain so we can get somethings fixed... Gameplay wise a tweak here and there but its overall awesome

Not enough support for operations, which is sad since the mod is freaking awesome.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hardly find anyone at all in the west coast servers
  • meireles20
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i gave up this game since the first patch, they ruined my graphics, and i really like the game before the first patch, all the weapons were funny to play with, now they got nerfed because of babys who doesn't know how to fire them.... I don't have fps problems, and i really tank myself i didn't waste money on premium this time
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    19Crib wrote: »
    I hardly find anyone at all in the west coast servers
    I'm on the East coast and I get a ton of full West coast servers on my browser for some stupid reason. check your filter settings.

• AldermachXI
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Gavyne wrote: »
    For PC community the biggest issue is the failed RSP launch. If you think back in previous BF games, 1-2 months into launch you already knew what maps, game modes, and specific custom settings you prefer to play with. You would've found a custom or clan server by now to play on. You would've made friends (or foes) on the specific servers, and that's how community grew from there, and where PC's longevity comes from.

It has nothing to do with content or bs balance issues people have. CS:S & CS:Go have lasted through all these years and have remained one of the largest PC FPS games on the market because of the community. Community servers are what keeps people coming back for more, they get people to login to play a round or two just to say hi, and to shoot at players they see daily. This, is what is missing from BF1 right now. The RSP as a whole was an after-thought. It wasn't ready, while they're now trying to add it into the game, we need a working rent a server program now, not 4 months later.

All the other issues really don't affect things in the grand scheme. Bugs can be fixed, balance can be tweaked, features can be added. But having no proper community servers, people get bored server hopping DICE official server rotation. Not to mention many really hate the rules & settings on the official servers, specifically the hardcore rules right now. The failed RSP launch is responsible for the declining PC playerbase.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

And Kudos to you for being able to maintain a decent Community in your servers, despite the failed RSP launch! Your Hardcore SIR Server is the funnest server around right now, if you ask me. It's the only server I've played in for a couple weeks if I happen to boot up BF1. Only server worth playing in.
  • research-kitchen
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i have good fps and i am ok with game optimisation
    BUT THIS GAME IS UNBALANCED
    OP TANKS AND AEROPLANES
    OP LEVEL 10 WEAPONS
    WTF IS THIS ****?

K bullets are a joke against armor. I started using the plane to take out armor.

I'm running an I7 skylake and dont have any problems with lag, with that being said I dont run everything on ultra.
  • RandaII_Flagg
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The game runs fine for me. Looks awesome and never crashes but, I find it very boring and hard to play more than 2 maps at a time. There seems to be no goals to attain as far as weapon unlocks. There really is not much for me to "shoot for". I enjoyed the little side missions that BF4 had for us. This just seems to be a mindless game with no pay off. If there was better rental server support, I could at least enjoy a few rounds with many of my online friends like I did with BF4. Honestly, BF4 also bored me after about a year or so. I kept playing because it was fun to hang out with the 150 or so random friends I met while playing on well run servers.
  • NOVA-GOA
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    straitR wrote: »
    labtud wrote: »
    straitR wrote: »
    labtud wrote: »
    I was doing some research for another thread and based on bf4stats.com and battlefieldtracker.com more people are playing BF1 on PC today than any given time on BF4 over its lifespan.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf4/population?days=-1

Currently online players (BF1)

PC: 65,939 (24h peak: 69,924)

you are missing over a years worth of stats with that, bf4 came out october 2013 not 04/2015.

Regardless, there are more people playing BF1 now than ever, this was true before the Christmas surge as well. So, the title of this thread, "Why people are quitting BF1 PC already..." is entirely incorrect and is one persons opinion not a fact.

I think you are confused here. There are less players playing BF1 at this time in its life cycle than there were at bf4's life cycle in feb 2014. Do you really think BF1 will pick up 20k more players (at peak) come feb 2017 ? (which is when you should be doing this type of post). You are showing player base bf4 stats that are are from 04/2015 which is well over a year after the game came out.

You cannot make a statement that "there are more people playing bf1 than ever"". If you are stating that there are more people starting to play bf1 (not compared to bf4) you are also wrong because peak player base when this game first came out was well over 150k peak. It dropped down to a steady 59k leading up to christmas and has now jumped back to 69k.

If you are going to compare player base stats please use figures that match the date times of the games life cycle and not pick data that is well over a year away from bf1 is now.

I made no comparisons to BF4. The OP says BF1 is losing PC players, and I'm saying there is no evidence of that. Of course there were way more registered players at launch when it was $5.00 for ten hours of game play.

Right now at the time of this posting, on a Tuesday afternoon at 4pm, there are 76,765 player on PC. It's fair to say that players are not "leaving BF1 pc already". That's my only point, and the statistics corroborate. If you choose to compare BF1 to BF4 on PC, or any other game, that's entirely different and not what the thread title or OP was saying in his post.

there isn't it has already lost 70,000 players since it launched
  • St0n3ymontana
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's simply a unfinished game on pc, or that's how it feels..I do love the game and the gameplay for me is great but all of the issues with the fps drops, lag and the graphics issues are a real chore, you pay for a car you get a car with 4 wheels not one with 3 and no steering wheel!

I get they had the budgets cut and for me and a lot of other it feels ea are leaning towards console as of now, the monthly updates are a joke just because they like to keep pc and the other consoles all in sync etc but they can hotfix pc issues but they choose not too? Doesn't make sense! The issues with direct x too don't really make sense, as other games are fine and it's only battlefield!

It's a great game, just unfinished! And also with the naive people saying they have no bugs or whatever you are blind! We as customers shouldn't have to upgrade our rigs when we get errors, massive fps lags and cpu issues. The server browser is broken and hardcore isn't even hardcore.

So why are we naive or blind if we have no bugs? Sorry but the truth is far less people have issues vs ones without issues.
  • Tr3adst3r
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was doing some research for another thread and based on bf4stats.com and battlefieldtracker.com more people are playing BF1 on PC today than any given time on BF4 over its lifespan.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf4/population?days=-1

Currently online players (BF1)

PC: 65,939 (24h peak: 69,924)

I have seen folks quote this, please note BF4 was released in Oct 2013!! the stats you are comparing BF1 to is 2015 BF4 Stats. So in essencea 2 yr old BF4 is slightly behind Bf1 which is 3 months old. This does not bode well for BF1
  • SnugglesIV
    283 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's simply a unfinished game on pc, or that's how it feels..I do love the game and the gameplay for me is great but all of the issues with the fps drops, lag and the graphics issues are a real chore, you pay for a car you get a car with 4 wheels not one with 3 and no steering wheel!

I get they had the budgets cut and for me and a lot of other it feels ea are leaning towards console as of now, the monthly updates are a joke just because they like to keep pc and the other consoles all in sync etc but they can hotfix pc issues but they choose not too? Doesn't make sense! The issues with direct x too don't really make sense, as other games are fine and it's only battlefield!

It's a great game, just unfinished! And also with the naive people saying they have no bugs or whatever you are blind! We as customers shouldn't have to upgrade our rigs when we get errors, massive fps lags and cpu issues. The server browser is broken and hardcore isn't even hardcore.

Basically this. There are so many annoying bugs like having to switch weapons upon being revived, not being able to look up or down (also after being revived), and extra tank spawn bug which have yet to be addressed. Add this to the fact that a large part of the player base can't even play the game without getting DirectX errors and you get a game with little to no community. The fact that I have to pay an extra $599 to play the game without crashing all the time is insane.
  • iiBiizzaa
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes there is alot of bugs and why oh why do people think it's ok to spend most of the time changing the graphics settings on different maps just to play at 60fps!
  • Zhuni-I
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    For PC community the biggest issue is the failed RSP launch. If you think back in previous BF games, 1-2 months into launch you already knew what maps, game modes, and specific custom settings you prefer to play with. You would've found a custom or clan server by now to play on. You would've made friends (or foes) on the specific servers, and that's how community grew from there, and where PC's longevity comes from.

It has nothing to do with content or bs balance issues people have. CS:S & CS:Go have lasted through all these years and have remained one of the largest PC FPS games on the market because of the community. Community servers are what keeps people coming back for more, they get people to login to play a round or two just to say hi, and to shoot at players they see daily. This, is what is missing from BF1 right now. The RSP as a whole was an after-thought. It wasn't ready, while they're now trying to add it into the game, we need a working rent a server program now, not 4 months later.

All the other issues really don't affect things in the grand scheme. Bugs can be fixed, balance can be tweaked, features can be added. But having no proper community servers, people get bored server hopping DICE official server rotation. Not to mention many really hate the rules & settings on the official servers, specifically the hardcore rules right now. The failed RSP launch is responsible for the declining PC playerbase.

Very well said.
  • SirBobdk
    4114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zhuni-I wrote: »

Very well said.
    +1, official servers get's boring very fast.