Weekly BF

Why people are quitting bf1 pc already..

Comments

• Kleinhesterkampf
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wouldn't say the game is "dying" on any level but here are few thoughts. I think people are just getting bored because the game doesn't have much staying power.
    -
    Game follows pattern of AAA game: lot of hype, lot of initial purchases which are then quickly falling in numbers. And what the game kinda lacks is depth of previous battlefield games. BF1 is too much like Star Wars Battlefront - looks really nice, really high production values but it's really hollow.
    -
    Few thoughts:
    -
    a) Lot of people flocked to BF1 after how Infinite Warfare multiplayer was a flop. This means there is a "new generation" of players who are not familiar with the Battlefield franchise and how it is supposed to be played.
    -
    b) People don't spot. At all. It would be so helpful to know exact position where the tank is around the corner or to know where to toss the grenades behind corner if people would spot. This applies to both pressing 'q' or using spotting flare. Medics don't drop even health packs often. 1 in 4 revives.
    -
    c) People use SMG and rush forward or sit at the end of the map camping with rifle. No middle way between.
    -
    d) Team play in this game is walking in line towards enemy gunfire and getting stuck on choke points of the map, then spamming grenades. Team chat is used only for insulting other people, not for sharing important tactical information.
    -
    Game needs real tactics and depth to be sustainable not this AAA excrement where every moment of the game is supposed to be rewarding (which results none of the game play is rewarding). Looking at the new DLC I personally don't find any of the maps interesting to play. It's more like they are leftover maps from the main game which they just decided to split and release as DLC later on.
    -
    I remember playing BF3 on XB360 few years ago and I don't think I never had this kind of issues what I am having with BF1. Not with the players, not with the team play, not with maps or mechanics... Of course any game has it's bad moments and issues but still.
    -
    Unfortunately I think the next one in Battlefield series is going to be 'BF2' in "World War 2" - setting, especially now that CoD is going to be in the same era as well. They are going to probably further dumb down the game too...
    -
    But in the end I think the reason why people are leaving is that the game doesn't have fun community online. You will get insulted if you want to promote team play in the chat and generally most of the time lot of people behave like idiots or children. So it's not entirely this game's fault it plays the way it does because albeit all it's faults, BF1 still has all the tools to make the experience deep and enjoyable enough...
    -
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 2017
    there isnt much to keep the player base playing this game, dont get me wrong, few days of game time for 60+- EUR is pretty good trade (compared to other games). But when you think about that all whats needed to fix this franchize is money and HR (which they apparently dont have), it makes you sad inside.........
  • Kleinhesterkampf
    edited April 2017
    Yeah, I think the game grew too big for it's own good. When they purposefully market game for big audience it usually is being made for the largest common nominator. Which in this case is you need flashy explosions and cool guns, everything else is secondary. In this mindset it's hard to know how much is EA and how much is DICE thinking.

But then there are people who cry here with capitals "PLANE IS OP" "TANK IS OP" etc. They don't realize that tanks are really scary on battleground. You don't eliminate tanks alone, even when it was WW1 level of technology. What the game designers want players to do here is to team up together to take out tanks, for example. There is no need to "nerf" any of this. Just team up together, device a plan and eliminate them. But most of the players just want to get headshots and ... this contributes nothing to general goal of the game.

BF1 could have more separation between the classes as of now it's weird mix of CoD and BF and it doesn't really work well in big areas. Then there is this weird issue that not a single person plays the flagship mode Operations and new Frontlines are totally empty too - this is more than weird. I don't understand why.

Maybe they could have forced people more to do specific tasks and roles. But it's gone now - all what matters to EA is money and game sold like hot cakes. Now that it has been released they are already working on new Star Wars game etc and BF1 is not their primary task. Which is kinda sad as the game needs to mature up still.
    Post edited by Kleinhesterkampf on
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017

But then there are people who cry here with capitals "PLANE IS OP" "TANK IS OP" etc. They don't realize that tanks are really scary on battleground. You don't eliminate tanks alone, even when it was WW1 level of technology. What the game designers want players to do here is to team up together to take out tanks, for example.

Perhaps because something is actually wrong with vehiclebalance this time?

And the average teamplay (very rare to happen on public servers) cannot down good pilots nor good tankers.

Let's balance it around the players we have rather than the players we wished we had.

This, along with other reasons, is why people are quitting bf1 pc already.

• Kleinhesterkampf
    edited April 2017
    Someone distracts tank, there's smoke grenades and stuff. Others drop 2 mines to a good location. Repeat that with few other assault guys if they are driving around (usually they circle same areas). Vehicle gone. K-bullets works really well too. Crying about tanks being impossible is... very sad!

• StingX71
    818 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SniperField
    Messed up HC settings compared to BF3/4
    Server Rental program is a mess, difficult to find servers if/when you do rent them.
    Only 64 player CQ maps. Way too much imho.

Main reasons I and 99% of my clanmates went back to BF4.

On BF4 we have 3 or 4 well admin'd servers we play on. Like going to your favorite bar.

DICE came out with a relatively good running game, but completely fubar'd the social aspect of the game. Weapon/vehicle balance issues as well. Not to mention the patches they come out with rarely deal with issue users are complaining about.

• NamelessForNow
    1446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I found the vehicle imbalance to be worse in BF4
  • TheWallkingBeard
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1 in 2017 LUL

Its like a patient on coma that you keep alive but you know he will never wake up.

Casualfield 1 got what it deserved. You make a game for casuals, the game will die in 6 months. You make a game with a decent skill gap, the hardcore players will keep it alive even after 6 years of release (BF3)

• Bf4Pilot
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IMO They made BF1 to be more like Battlefront in nearly every way instead of keeping the core Battlefield template.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bf4Pilot wrote: »
    IMO They made BF1 to be more like Battlefront in nearly every way instead of keeping the core Battlefield template.

It defiantly feels like some hybrid version.
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    878 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All i rember doing in bf1...was waiting.
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »

It defiantly feels like some hybrid version.

Only thing missing is 3P infcamera, so you can watch your pretty weaponskins(that you bought 50 battlepacks to get) and how nice your Premium Only pink batmancape goes with it.
  • MammiBoo
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was doing some research for another thread and based on bf4stats.com and battlefieldtracker.com more people are playing BF1 on PC today than any given time on BF4 over its lifespan.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf4/population?days=-1

Currently online players (BF1)

PC: 65,939 (24h peak: 69,924)

That's because many console players like me, migrated to other games, without that BF1 atrocious legit aimbot, like R6 Siege or jumped the border to PC train.
  • HelmHeim
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SniperField
    Messed up HC settings compared to BF3/4
    Server Rental program is a mess, difficult to find servers if/when you do rent them.
    Only 64 player CQ maps. Way too much imho.

Main reasons I and 99% of my clanmates went back to BF4.

On BF4 we have 3 or 4 well admin'd servers we play on. Like going to your favorite bar.

DICE came out with a relatively good running game, but completely fubar'd the social aspect of the game. Weapon/vehicle balance issues as well. Not to mention the patches they come out with rarely deal with issue users are complaining about.

Totally agreed!!!!!
  • Chooka_68
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They clearly don't care they have your money and make the majority of it via console where I am told there are next to no hackers.

It's probably only marginally affecting there bottom line, the end.
  • Kleinhesterkampf

Exactly, Battlefield 1 represents everything what is bad in gaming industry these days - cancerous business practices among other things. But of course bashing it here doesn't do much I need to vote with my own actions, and not buy the game in the first place.
  • D5RAT
    2003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Never trust a male player with a ladies name and avatar :)
    @WackyJacky101 Nice! Watching the 1st video reminds me of my MH aggressive play style. Pre or post patch videos? Also, that video validates the theory that you CAN get one shotted by the MH below 30 meters. You've displayed that a few times there.

2nd video beginning with music while you rocked the Model 10-A Hunter was like watching a DOOM (2016) montage but BF1 style. Lol. Good work! Curious, is your name really Jackie?

Thanks mate - I appreciate it. The videos are pre-patch! Real name is not Jackie :wink:

• Oracl3man
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have quit BF1 only because of the rotten UI. I can't be bothered spending 30+ minutes on finding a populated server. I'm primarily looking for Operations and HC games and 99% of my joins land on an empty server.

Move BF1 to Battlelog and let us search Operations games just like the others.
  • D5RAT
    2003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some pro players don't see macros or ESP overlays as cheating ! They post their pro vids on you tube and tell themselves how good they are and that everyone else is using them too . It's like Pro cycling /athletics drug use
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 2017
    my two kL mates got banned few months back and unnbaned few weeks ago (" error in SW detection on bf+ff", ye right...) they havent touched bf since, "we cant be bothered" + lost faith in the system itself

I personaly use bf for pidgeon mindless slaughter, to clear my head after work day. This game, with all it lacks, isnt suited for anything else. No social aspects, servers, anticheat, tournaments, skill bar. It doesnt have anything previous battlefields had.
    Post edited by kL-SnAjP on
  • PDGC_sandmanNL
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    kL-SnAjP wrote: »
    I personaly use bf for pidgeon mindless slaughter, to clear my head after work day. This game, with all it lacks, isnt suited for anything else. No social aspects, servers, anticheat, tournaments, skill bar. It doesnt have anything previous battlefields had.

Same for me, after hard day of work, I work in shifts, I always used battlefield to do some stress relief, there were always some clan mates playing or guys from other clans who were friendly, find new gaming friends, all of this is gone in bf1, the only thing you see in chat is ez, your mum, racisme and other offending stuff.