Weekly Debrief

Why people are quitting bf1 pc already..

Comments

  • Rev0verDrive
    6727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2017
    smoogelz wrote:
    Then there is a high chance that the PC version would be a huge afterthought which is poorly ported.

    So I assume you believe that games are developed on console?

    Games are developed on PC. If the game will support both console and PC at launch the development process will be different from that of a Console only, oh wait maybe eventually pc approach. Consoles have predefined limitations. PC's do not. You know the exact limits/abilities of the console prior to development.

    Once you've decided on which to support you can define design and functionality limitations.
    e.g. This is doable on PC, but not on Console === don't do it. We want an equal product, at least based on functionality.

    After that the base game is developed/coded on PC. At milestone markers the code is ported to it's console variants and tested. Rinse repeat. Seeing as all platforms use C, C#, C++ and all other programming languages in the same way, there's not really much that needs to be changed.

    Adapting controls and gameplay, Hardware abstraction/Fragmentation, Resource contention, Improving assets

    So to put it bluntly, regardless if you know you're supporting X,Y and Z platforms from the start, porting is relatively easy from a coding perspective. Adding exclusive functionality is where it gets hard.
  • TrumpIsNo1
    25 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice, hope to get your final attention before BF1 pc goes down under.

    Get balancing right
    Get anticheat right
    Get aiming done right.

    This are the basic foundation of good fps.
    Your DLC packs aint goona make the game playable again if the basics are off.

    If nothing is done, we will just see the empty servers get unrented one by one..
  • Gigabyte9
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    smoogelz wrote:
    Then there is a high chance that the PC version would be a huge afterthought which is poorly ported.

    So I assume you believe that games are developed on console?

    Games are developed on PC. If the game will support both console and PC at launch the development process will be different from that of a Console only, oh wait maybe eventually pc approach. Consoles have predefined limitations. PC's do not. You know the exact limits/abilities of the console prior to development.

    Once you've decided on which to support you can define design and functionality limitations.
    e.g. This is doable on PC, but not on Console === don't do it. We want an equal product, at least based on functionality.

    After that the base game is developed/coded on PC. At milestone markers the code is ported to it's console variants and tested. Rinse repeat. Seeing as all platforms use C, C#, C++ and all other programming languages in the same way, there's not really much that needs to be changed.

    Adapting controls and gameplay, Hardware abstraction/Fragmentation, Resource contention, Improving assets

    So to put it bluntly, regardless if you know you're supporting X,Y and Z platforms from the start, porting is relatively easy from a coding perspective. Adding exclusive functionality is where it gets hard.

    I'm aware of how games are developed and I don't need or want an excessive text book answer.

    I was using common terminology which is widely used and understood by the gaming community for years. The vast majority knows exactly what someone means when they use the term. Also, no one needs to be told that a game is not developed on a console...

    We're not on a programming forum, therefore the use of the term "console port", which is widely used and understood, is one of the easiest and most appropriate terms rather than an excessive answer to achieve the same meaning.

    We see language used like this everyday.
    Post edited by Gigabyte9 on
  • hellbringerlord
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    STOPchris wrote: »
    Because the game is ****.

    yes sir !
  • KitCatChunky
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I`ve just checked the steam statistics. Battlefield 1 would be among the top 10 most played games at some points of the day. But without problem in top 15-20 at any time.
    What more would you want in terms of player base? Does not seem that bf1 is dying. There are always people that jump on the next new title.
    Game will do fine at least till a new battlefield hits. It gets new stuff regularly and it seems DICE got it that we want to play around on more maps.
  • Solid_SkG
    1134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    fortress66 wrote: »
    i played for months until recently. THe main reason was lack of players. My favorite game mode is back to basics but in the last weeks, i couldnt find any servers to play. They also added Rush back to basics but again, no players.. I didnt touch Bf1 since 3 weeks and i was playing almost every day. I suppose i will come back when the DLC come (sry for my english)
    I`ve just checked the steam statistics. Battlefield 1 would be among the top 10 most played games at some points of the day. But without problem in top 15-20 at any time.
    What more would you want in terms of player base? Does not seem that bf1 is dying. There are always people that jump on the next new title.
    Game will do fine at least till a new battlefield hits. It gets new stuff regularly and it seems DICE got it that we want to play around on more maps.

    Bf 1 is not dying it has the same amount of players bf3/4 at the exact same time.

    Posts like this are created everytime a new bf comes out because the game lacks of something and people choose to hate instead of giving positive feedback(thats why we get no replies from devs in here and they choose to use reddit most of the time)

    There was a guy above who said that this game is awfull because you spawn and die all the time,so people even choose to hate the game because they got 0 skill.

    As long as DICE give attention to us and keep releasing updates based on our feedback this game will still be alive for a long period of time.
  • Formatje13
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Solid_9493 wrote: »
    .................

    There was a guy above who said that this game is awfull because you spawn and die all the time,so people even choose to hate the game because they got 0 skill.

    .......................

    So only with good SKILL'S players my play BF1
    Good job
    And then the are surprised that there are empty servers ore players loose interest in this game
    Yeah good one
    I'm not good i know, but like the game style
    But hate that war bonds system and now the 300 kills to get new weapons
    What do we with the war bonds now ??? use them for clean ore backside ore what?

  • Solid_SkG
    1134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Formatje13 wrote: »
    Solid_9493 wrote: »
    .................

    There was a guy above who said that this game is awfull because you spawn and die all the time,so people even choose to hate the game because they got 0 skill.

    .......................

    So only with good SKILL'S players my play BF1
    Good job
    And then the are surprised that there are empty servers ore players loose interest in this game
    Yeah good one
    I'm not good i know, but like the game style
    But hate that war bonds system and now the 300 kills to get new weapons
    What do we with the war bonds now ??? use them for clean ore backside ore what?

    So you mean to tell me that they should lower the skill level on this game so every noob can play it?

    You get the exact same amounts of warbonds you need to unlock all the weapons.
  • fortress66
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Solid_9493 wrote: »
    fortress66 wrote: »
    i played for months until recently. THe main reason was lack of players. My favorite game mode is back to basics but in the last weeks, i couldnt find any servers to play. They also added Rush back to basics but again, no players.. I didnt touch Bf1 since 3 weeks and i was playing almost every day. I suppose i will come back when the DLC come (sry for my english)
    I`ve just checked the steam statistics. Battlefield 1 would be among the top 10 most played games at some points of the day. But without problem in top 15-20 at any time.
    What more would you want in terms of player base? Does not seem that bf1 is dying. There are always people that jump on the next new title.
    Game will do fine at least till a new battlefield hits. It gets new stuff regularly and it seems DICE got it that we want to play around on more maps.

    Bf 1 is not dying it has the same amount of players bf3/4 at the exact same time.

    Posts like this are created everytime a new bf comes out because the game lacks of something and people choose to hate instead of giving positive feedback(thats why we get no replies from devs in here and they choose to use reddit most of the time)

    There was a guy above who said that this game is awfull because you spawn and die all the time,so people even choose to hate the game because they got 0 skill.

    As long as DICE give attention to us and keep releasing updates based on our feedback this game will still be alive for a long period of time.

    Still unable to play back to basics because a lack of players base now. I mean, Bf1 as too much game mode and at the end, they are all empty except conquest. Back to basics was the best thing but DICE doenst give some needed love to have more players playing it :(
  • XTS-KingBeef
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    All the skilled guys have move on from bf1 most I find back home in bf4.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    smoogelz wrote: »
    smoogelz wrote:
    Then there is a high chance that the PC version would be a huge afterthought which is poorly ported.

    So I assume you believe that games are developed on console?

    Games are developed on PC. If the game will support both console and PC at launch the development process will be different from that of a Console only, oh wait maybe eventually pc approach. Consoles have predefined limitations. PC's do not. You know the exact limits/abilities of the console prior to development.

    Once you've decided on which to support you can define design and functionality limitations.
    e.g. This is doable on PC, but not on Console === don't do it. We want an equal product, at least based on functionality.

    After that the base game is developed/coded on PC. At milestone markers the code is ported to it's console variants and tested. Rinse repeat. Seeing as all platforms use C, C#, C++ and all other programming languages in the same way, there's not really much that needs to be changed.

    Adapting controls and gameplay, Hardware abstraction/Fragmentation, Resource contention, Improving assets

    So to put it bluntly, regardless if you know you're supporting X,Y and Z platforms from the start, porting is relatively easy from a coding perspective. Adding exclusive functionality is where it gets hard.

    I'm aware of how games are developed and I don't need or want an excessive text book answer.

    I was using common terminology which is widely used and understood by the gaming community for years. The vast majority knows exactly what someone means when they use the term. Also, no one needs to be told that a game is not developed on a console...

    We're not on a programming forum, therefore the use of the term "console port", which is widely used and understood, is one of the easiest and most appropriate terms rather than an excessive answer to achieve the same meaning.

    We see language used like this everyday.

    I would hope that was the case but it isn't. Yeah, there are those that do understand the term "correctly". But the majority will take it literal. We're talking about a player base were a vast majority don't know the difference between latency and ping and think 3G 4G hotspotting is fine for gaming.
  • Mord-Vi
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Oh it's dying, oh the horror! Ya, If you compare it via steam stats, it's the 5th most played PC game as we speak concurrently. Can we kill this stupid thread now?
  • AldermachXI
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Mord-Vi wrote: »
    Oh it's dying, oh the horror! Ya, If you compare it via steam stats, it's the 5th most played PC game as we speak concurrently. Can we kill this stupid thread now?

    lol...triggered.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1498 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Sometimes it's the popularity which ultimately takes down a really good franchise. Whatever the reason, sometimes things do better when they are not the number one within mainstream, or they have strong competition which drives them to do better, much better.
  • x-Mikuru_Beam-x
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Looking at the PC stats as I type, 33k seems pretty healthy to me... Ok it could be better but PC has A LOT more competition, CSGO, PLayer Unknown, Dota... The list is endless on our beloved platform.

    It also seems to me the BF1 player numbers have stablilised in recent months!
  • Sniper047
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    All the skilled guys have move on from bf1 most I find back home in bf4.

    yep,thank GOD for BF3 and BF4. Feels like console port imo. Even youtubers went to older BF games or battlegrounds.
  • Mord-Vi
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2017
    Sniper047 wrote: »
    All the skilled guys have move on from bf1 most I find back home in bf4.

    yep,thank GOD for BF3 and BF4. Feels like console port imo. Even youtubers went to older BF games or battlegrounds.

    PubG is a faze. I'm dead tired of it already, even after numerous wins. The charity comp is over and I have a feeling people will be moving away from it.
  • Solid_SkG
    1134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    Mord-Vi wrote: »
    Sniper047 wrote: »
    All the skilled guys have move on from bf1 most I find back home in bf4.

    yep,thank GOD for BF3 and BF4. Feels like console port imo. Even youtubers went to older BF games or battlegrounds.

    PubG is a faze. I'm dead tired of it already, even after numerous wins. The charity comp is over and I have a feeling people will be moving away from it.

    IKR?

    It was amazing for the very first month but there is 0 content in the game and the stats are going to be reset,so you are basically spent hours to be the last man standing for nothing.

    Also i dont know why people compare Battlefield with PUBG,there is not a single similarity between those 2.
  • Imyourpusherman
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm playing less and less because I can't work out why I COMPLETELY lose control of my aim when an explosion happens or I get shot at, it makes it feel horrible to play, never had this problem in BF4. It feels like I have massive amounts of aim accel on when it happens, but I know I don't because i'm using Raw input + markc in case

    I've tested multiple mice/pads/usb ports and it was always the same

    Anyone suffer from this or know what could be causing it?
  • MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm playing less and less because I can't work out why I COMPLETELY lose control of my aim when an explosion happens or I get shot at, it makes it feel horrible to play, never had this problem in BF4. It feels like I have massive amounts of aim accel on when it happens, but I know I don't because i'm using Raw input + markc in case

    I've tested multiple mice/pads/usb ports and it was always the same

    Anyone suffer from this or know what could be causing it?

    When you get shot at? You mean suppression?
Sign In or Register to comment.