Weekly Debrief

Why people are quitting bf1 pc already..

Comments

• ThePunisher_be
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i have good fps and i am ok with game optimisation
    BUT THIS GAME IS UNBALANCED
    OP TANKS AND AEROPLANES
    OP LEVEL 10 WEAPONS
    WTF IS THIS ****?

GTFO troll. Why aren't you banned yet?

• Kloakentaucher
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm not really motivated to play anymore. The game crashes every 10-30 minutes (DirectX), my framerate is pretty low on several maps since the december patch (including my favourite map), the game has a terrible progression system, it has a lack of content and I absolutely hate the server browser. #RIPBattlelog
    I guess I won't play again until they release an update/DLC. This never happened in a Battlefield game before. I don't even have 50h in BF1 so far. Pity!
  • Straniero
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Let's see.. last 24h peak: 77,458 PC platform
    I Think i can still find 1 or 2 rooms with some people to play with...
  • MeteorUK
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Low framerate, not enough maps, not enough content, unbalanced teams.

Unbalanced classes
    Unfinished game
    £25 wasted
  • emerson1975
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MeteorUK wrote: »
    Low framerate, not enough maps, not enough content, unbalanced teams.

Unbalanced classes
    Unfinished game
    £25 wasted

I don't think it's 25£ wasted but I would have been rather upset paying the full retail or even worse premium.
  • desmonds0909
    39 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Rampant cheaters. Aimbot, wallhack, no recoil, recently I even start to see cloaked cheaters...
  • Shredder2-4-D
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In the week after Christmas the population spikes. Wont be long and the numbers will be low again.

Ask a new player whats your favorite server... Dice555 555 5555

• XDCFluffy
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PC 59,641

Xbox One 87,272

PS4 179,858

Those are terrible figures relative to the consoles for what has been a strong PC game. With those sort of figures and a scale of one to they don't give a ****, how much do you think EA care about the lack of and the poor options for rented servers etc on PC.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CPU_UK wrote: »
    Regardless of the BF4 v BF1 stats, the trend will follow a downward direction. BF1 has the same netcode issues as BF4 on large servers (hitreg), none customization servers you can't even K/B the hackers (so you can't even create a safe server), plus it now has very wide player hacking issues. I predict BF1 player numbers for PC will decline rapidly in 2017, especially when people find out they have to pay for the next DLC.

most PC folks know they have to pay for DLC. Always have unless you have the season pass. True a lot of people haven't gotten the pass yet and are on a wait and see status but those , like me, who jumped in feet first and have the pass shouldn't have to buy anything else. The rental servers, broken server browser, No qm traffic, and hacks are what's hurting PC players right now.
    Funny that EA doesn't see the need to fix any of these issues. Its almost as if they are saying we have your money now so deal with it. Oh wait... that's EXACTLY what they are saying.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    iiBiizzaa wrote: »
    A bugged game, laggy gameplay and random fps drops on a aaa title, the people who claim there are no problems with the game are the naive bunch!

its laggy because you are either connecting to a server you have a high ping to or there are several people logging on to the server you are on with high pings themselves. No high ping kickers are built into any of the servers which will always cause lag in the games you are playing. It's a proven fact.
    The FPS drops I will give you. It seems they and Nvidia /AMD are trying to get this worked out but I agree there are some areas on some maps the FPS just take a header due to the terrain/ stuff going on in that area.
  • Majesticelk313
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    WhaaAaaaaa. Almost every server I've seen has been full
  • Majesticelk313
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i have good fps and i am ok with game optimisation
    BUT THIS GAME IS UNBALANCED
    OP TANKS AND AEROPLANES
    OP LEVEL 10 WEAPONS
    WTF IS THIS ****?

Most level 10 guns suck .
  • NetRngr
    Solid_9493 wrote: »
    A bugged game, laggy gameplay and random fps drops on a aaa title, the people who claim there are no problems with the game are the naive bunch!

The people who hate on this game are the people that they cant aim with a bolt action rifle and they prefer to spray and pray with an AEK because thats the only way that they can get a kill.
    All you people complaining just take a better look at your pc i bet its your potatoes problem running the game like crap.
    Bugs?Still bf1 is totally playable.
    People seem to forget the awful release of bf4,you make me believe that you just like to hate.
    Crybabies in here call the players who enjoy the game fanboys because they cant run it properly or they dont like the concept of ww1.
    Please go back to the copy of bf3(bf4)you enjoyed so much,or better try hardline i bet you will like it.
    There are still people crying about bad performance and im sitting here with 70 fps on MSR with settings on medium.
    Haha, see this is the ignorance of the Internet, keyboard warriors like you come out to play..check the thread with nearly 3/4 of a MILLION views about the crashes and the bugs!
    Still totally playable? Hahaha some guys can't even play more than one game without it crashing, please go check yourself into a reality check clinic.
    But really thanks the ignorance in this post made my day, thanks.

While this is true I would wager a good many of those guys crashing are due to issues on their PC be it OS or driver related. Granted I will give you that some are legitimate however I would wager that the majority of them would be fixed pretty easily by completely getting rid of graphics drivers and doing a fresh load or simply reloading the OS on their machine and fully updating the OS/graphics drivers. Also some could be just plain flakey hardware. You and I both know not all PC gamers are complete and total obsessive compulsives about tweaking system settings and some do a pretty crappy job at OCing their PC and wonder why it crashes.
    Many dont even realize OCing came about when users discovered that the old 386 /486 chipsets would run faster than advertised because the speed of the chip was based on where intel reached a point that errors did not actually happen. Intel eventually locked the chips but sold the unlocked version you could edge more performance out of at a premium as a feature. It however doesn't mean that the chips will not have errors especially if you push the envelope too far.
  • NetRngr
    If you're lucky then the game is mostly playable, but you can't just blame all the people that have problems running the game, there are even people with very powerful rigs that struggle to run the game, they still get stuttering or FPS drops so it's more likely it got something to do with poor drivers or the frostbite engine!

And let's not start witht he bugs, they are out there and some are very nasty and nearly gamebreaking like getting stuck in a wall or unable to use your weapon after you got revived by a medic, those a serious bugs and that in a game like this that's publiced by a huge wealthy company! It's unacceptable they still haven't fixed them! These bugs should never even made it out of BETA ffs!

Yes there are bugs. I hate the revive bug but really it's just become habit now to do a quick weapon swap as soon as I'm revived. Granted i'm using a Razer Naga so it literally takes me a fraction of a sec to do it but still I would hardly call that game breaking. Its a computer program... there will always be bugs.
  • NetRngr
    bobcool wrote: »
    Good game. Poor optimization for a lot of people with the newest rigs(FPS drops, cpu usage). I've had little issues with an old i7 4770 and 780ti... Except for the broken borderless fullscreen. That said, the community whines quite a bit and they should either just play the game or keep the whining to a minimum. If your PC can't run the game and meets the required specs, yeah please complain so we can get somethings fixed... Gameplay wise a tweak here and there but its overall awesome

Not enough support for operations, which is sad since the mod is freaking awesome.

Gotta agree. Only played a few rounds but what I have played it was a really fun game mode. When they get the servers worked out and if they decide to offer that mode on servers I would probably add one to our clans server group.
  • NetRngr
    Blood_Wh1p wrote: »
    19Crib wrote: »
    I hardly find anyone at all in the west coast servers
    I'm on the East coast and I get a ton of full West coast servers on my browser for some stupid reason. check your filter settings.

Because the browser is borked. Has been like forever it seems. DICE server priority!!
  • NetRngr
    I'm not really motivated to play anymore. The game crashes every 10-30 minutes (DirectX), my framerate is pretty low on several maps since the december patch (including my favourite map), the game has a terrible progression system, it has a lack of content and I absolutely hate the server browser. #RIPBattlelog
    I guess I won't play again until they release an update/DLC. This never happened in a Battlefield game before. I don't even have 50h in BF1 so far. Pity!

Windows 8.1
    GTX 770 4GB
    i5 4670k
    16 GB RAM

Well I can see 2 of your issues right off the bat. Win 8.1 is a crap OS. Seriously its crap. I would go win7 64 bit or win 10 but 8.1 i wouldn't wipe my **** with. It is known to be a buggy mess IT wise.

I assume you are running DX11 or I would hope so with your card. I played beta using a GTX 660 3gb but wanted to see all the pretty. I upgraded to a EVGA GTX1060 4gb and haven't looked back. Hell Im still running a 3770k i7 which is relatively comparable in performance to your i5 and have no issues at all. I suggested to a guy earlier on a budget that he might look at one of these:
    https://www.neweggbusiness.com/product/product.aspx?item=9b-14-487-292
    Seems like it's a solid card at a decent price point. Just a suggestion. Other than OS and graphics cards our systems are pretty similar it seems and I run at 60 -80 fps constantly with little to no FPS loss. I run win 10 and use Razer Cortex to disable all the unneeded crap processes that are running in the background. I have also disabled all the sharing stuff for Xbox and Nvidia etc. I also dont think DX12 is working as it should so I am running DX11 and using a custom config of ultra and high settings. No issues/no crashes. Oh and I have unlocked all the cores on my CPU as well so they all get used and not just half of them which is default.
    Hope this helps man and wish ya luck.
  • rdhmmr
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    When i played first time ~30hrs it was fun,after that its started getting boring.Operations was fun,but there is no hardcore operations and it is bad for me. When hardcore mode was released i tried to play it so many times...but for my opinion its unplayable in current state.Snipers/campers everywhere...and you cant catch them cuz engineer have no long ranged weapons,medic rifle recoil terrible and support mg cant kill with first bullet like most sniper rifles and you need more time to set it on bipod. I played a lot of battlefield franchise game on the release and it is first game that i dont want to play now after only two month after release, even with all problems with optimization,netcode,hitpoints,server browser problems e.t.c. which had bf bc2,bf 3,bf 4 on start i played them and really enjoyed them,unfortunately I can not say the same thing about bf 1. And yes...it is first bf game for me where i met so many cheaters.Maybe i will play it later when another patch and dlcs came out,but for now titanfall 2 much much better for me,and it is sad.

p.s sorry for my bad eng.
  • ro7hbard
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Time to ****:

I don't like the map rotation, it always seems to be the same maps on every official server that I ended up playing and the two maps I dislike the most are the ones I always end up playing.

The medic needs an auto weapon of some kind and assault needs mom non shotguns.

Sniper accuracy is quite poor, many non hits. Sometimes I get such an obvious hit but doesn't hit. This has always been a problem in bf games but this one especially bad with sniper.
  • Kompura
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've played >100h BF1 and despite it works pretty well (except some dx crashes), game really is starting to be boring. Yes, you can try to be better player but addition to that, there is nothing to aim for. I played >1000h BF4 and still there is something new to aim for.
    In BF1, medals are crap, battlepacs and how to get those are crap, no point to get higher rank and so on...