How do you report cheaters and how long does it take before action is taken?

Onyx100185
120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
Title. ^^^^

encountered a few of these ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ in metro today after work, as if it wasn't hard enough as it was to hold B down to begin with, you have lame ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ shooting you through the wall above the escalators to make it almost impossible to hold down B for any length of time. Although the struggle was real, no one was watching the passage to the tunnels on the right next to that shop thing and I managed to run along the trains on the far right wall long enough to get to C and hold it down just long enough for a nice chunk of the team to start spawning there and forcing the cheating ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ out of hiding.

But it was blatently obvious that it wasn't this guys first time doing it since I am already aware of the cheat because youtube is a relevent tool to seeing where these lame ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ are doing it from, it looked very time consuming to do for metro for any normal person, but not this guy, he was set up and camping inside the wall before the rest of his team could get to that part of the map without cheating, which leads me to believe that he has this cheat down to an exact science since it is very obvious it wasn't his first time doing it if he could get that far ahead of the rest of his team and set up camp.

Comments

• OGTrashBoat8
    777 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    You read the other 12 threads made in the last week about the same issue.
  • Onyx100185
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited December 2016

thanks for the nice sarcastic reply. how about answering the question instead of being a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ head?
  • lCSGOIsBetterl
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's highly annoying, I remember back on Battlefield 3.

It also takes less than 5 minutes to get into that spot. A player can do it at the start of the match and be there by the time the enemy arrive at B.
  • Onyx100185
    bf3 was another story and could be done easily. i found that out on the bf3 closed beta on accident. that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ was so annoying because i posted it to youtube and everyone starrted doing it so i put the video as private in case it wasn't fixed before release. but this new one is limited to specific class, recon and having the MAV from what i seen on youtube about it recently. i also have recently seen some on youtube for op locker but I have yet to see anyone actually using any of them there. I watch the videos just to keep an eye out for anyone trying it or where to look to see if anyone is in the map glitch so that I can kill themm as quick as I can. I ruined one guys attempt at it on op locker but I haven't seen anyone inside the walls or been shot from the far end of some random mountiain on it yet either. but this is ridiculous on op metro on bf4. just plain ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ stupid if you ask me and nothing is being done about it aparently. that's why I want to knw how long it takes for action to be taken against these kinds of people. it's a risk/reward thing. why bother taking the time to upload a 1 hour video that is going to take the better half of all day because it's in 1080p if I'm going to continuously run into the same ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ for the next how ever any weeks/months and how to report if the evidence is clear enough to mandate some kind of action taken against them for it. I sat there watching my team mates die as I kept picking them up, then I ran out and got killed by him so I can get the shot then someone picked me up and I got killed by the same ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dude again. then ran over towards where you can see that spot on the left side of the elevators and you can clearly see bullets flying out of the wall towards my team mates. I just ended up quitting the match because why keep playing? what's the point ya know? I can't shoot and kill him. just hope I pick a path that has littl to no enemies and try to cap the C base to get them to leave the wall long enough to kill them a few times or ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ up their cheat when my team mates see them running to whatever part of the tunnel they do it at.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Can people PLEASE start using punctuation and paragraphs and proper grammar if posting in English? I don't care if you speak more than one language and English is not your main language. If that is the case, then post in your own language forum and stop mucking up the English language forum with painful reading experiences for others.
  • pinchylillobster
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    God, the walls of text. Not going to read that. However in regards to the OP's question, taken from @xxxCoOlBr33zExxx in a different thread:
    How to report cheaters - method 1.

In origin, open the chat window, click on the add friend button as shown below
    46b703d1b7f56e8c74a97946f76e4d34.png

In the search for friends, type the name of the suspected cheater and click search
    a72d8a31a980c625cbe11c8045806d00.png

It will bring a list of matching id's. Select the name of the suspect.
    b12704a28b04c6650791870e53adea10.png

Click the little arrow next to send friend request
    f112a595fa845b94b5f1e70899e9b24c.png

Select Report user
    b269ad8632c55529925ebc5c3d651de1.png

fill in the details
    fd7e71a49c027f136bcdd82715154e89.png

method 2
    with origin in-game overlay turned on, you can select them from the scoreboard, origin will open the profile and go straight to these steps (I'l grab a video in game and show how it works)

Select Report user

fill in the details

-CB

As to how long it takes to punish? It varies, but from my experience, it takes around 2-4 weeks. According to DICE, even players that are reported once are investigated. There are infinitely more rage reports than reports against actual hackers so it takes a while to sift through all the false reports.

The quality of evidence also makes a big difference. Be sure to link the battle report and/or recorded gameplay of the suspected player in the report. Don't post it on the forums, it will just get censored and locked.

Edit: it is a nightmare posting via mobile.
    Post edited by pinchylillobster on
  • OGTrashBoat8
    edited December 2016
    Onyx100185 wrote: »

thanks for the nice sarcastic reply. how about answering the question instead of being a **** head?

My response had zero sarcasm. If you had any common sense, you'd do a little research before making this thread. And by a little research, I mean literally scrolling down the page and you'll find other threads. But I guess that's too much work.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016

thanks for the nice sarcastic reply. how about answering the question instead of being a **** head?

My response had zero sarcasm. If you had any common sense, you'd do a little research before making this thread. And by a little research, I mean literally scrolling down the page and you'll find other threads. But I guess that's too much work.

Nobody ever uses the search function. Its much easier to spam the same topics in multiple threads instead......Smh......Not to mention walls of text with no paragraphs or capitalization.
  • Onyx100185
    God, the walls of text. Not going to read that. However in regards to the OP's question, taken from @xxxCoOlBr33zExxx in a different thread:

In the search for friends, type the name of the suspected cheater and click search

Select Report user

fill in the details

method 2
    with origin in-game overlay turned on, you can select them from the scoreboard, origin will open the profile and go straight to these steps (I'l grab a video in game and show how it works)

Select Report user

fill in the details

-CB

As to how long it takes to punish? It varies, but from my experience, it takes around 2-4 weeks. According to DICE, even players that are reported once are investigated. There are infinitely more rage reports than reports against actual hackers so it takes a while to sift through all the false reports.

The quality of evidence also makes a big difference. Be sure to link the battle report and/or recorded gameplay of the suspected player in the report. Don't post it on the forums, it will just get censored and locked.

thanks bro. that's actually really helpful and I didn't know that i can have the battle log screen up for the players of the current match until now. I'll keep that in mind so i can at least have the report filled out for after the upload.

As far as details go, i've got plenty. I have a 1 hour video of my gameplay in 1080p that I need to trim down to the point I joined the match and noticed the bullets flying out of a place bullets shouldn't be coming from and watching my team mates die, to going and picking them up then running out in front of the elevators where you can clearly see the bullet tracers coming out from iit towards the people behind me and then killing me when he noticed me, then I got picked up and instantly killed by the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ again, I spawned on my squadmate and ran back through the same way I went the first time and I got a real good shot of his tracers coming out of the wall before turning back around to go where I had thought my teammates were at and ended up getting ganged up on by 2 or 3 guys lol. oh well.

I quit the match right after all that so it didn't save the score in my battle log. I didn't care to see how many kills he had gotten from cheating and i didn't care.
  • Onyx100185

My response had zero sarcasm. If you had any common sense, you'd do a little research before making this thread. And by a little research, I mean literally scrolling down the page and you'll find other threads. I guess that's too much work.

it was to much work. especially after spending all day previous to an experience I had being at work. Maybe I wanted a quick answer. but i guess that didn't cross your mind did it?
  • pinchylillobster
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I quit the match right after all that so it didn't save the score in my battle log. I didn't care to see how many kills he had gotten from cheating and i didn't care.

You still receive a battle report for the round and your stats are still recorded if you leave a match early, the battle report just isn't generated until the match is over.

On PC it's pretty easy to track down old battle reports and report the person, not sure how it works on console though.

• Onyx100185

You still receive a battle report for the round and your stats are still recorded if you leave a match early, the battle report just isn't generated until the match is over.

On PC it's pretty easy to track down old battle reports and report the person, not sure how it works on console though.

alright. i'll check it out and see if I can track down the match and find him in one of the socreboards. I have the video and the screenshots from it so if i can't find it on the scoreboard report i can always just type his name in. the battle log site should still work the same regardless of gaming platform. i could be wrong though as i've only played on the playstation 3 and now 4. but it appears to look the same for everyone when i click on names from here..
  • OGTrashBoat8

My response had zero sarcasm. If you had any common sense, you'd do a little research before making this thread. And by a little research, I mean literally scrolling down the page and you'll find other threads. I guess that's too much work.

it was to much work. especially after spending all day previous to an experience I had being at work. Maybe I wanted a quick answer. but i guess that didn't cross your mind did it?

So your idea of a "quick answer" is to type out a quite large beginning description and then waiting for people to answer? Hmmm, seems to me like you could have saved half the time just looking it up :smile:.
  • Onyx100185

So your idea of a "quick answer" is to type out a quite large beginning description and then waiting for people to answer? Hmmm, seems to me like you could have saved half the time just looking it up :smile:.

it's not my fault it takes you all day to type a few words.
  • OGTrashBoat8

it's not my fault it takes you all day to type a few words.

Lets ignore the typing then. It still took 6 posts until you got an answer. And I guarantee that it didn't take 5 minutes for that person to comment.
  • 0ld_yell0w
    417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Select Report user

fill in the details

method 2

Select Report user

fill in the details

-CB

Ive got no idea what server you were playing on, but IMO only play on admined ones, call the admin , use the !report function ingame too, he just might get a perm ban from that server. Also playing on servers streaming AC is a good idea, because a lot of those players is already banned from playing on streamed servers.
    So reporting him to both EA AND the server-owner for cheating will most likely result in a ban from either or both.

• gls2220
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've reported tons of cheaters on Locker and never received any response from DICE/EA. Maybe they're taking action and the policy is not to communicate back to the person that made the report. I really don't know. In each case, I've offered video evidence of the cheat, but again, there's never been any interest from DICE/EA. I can tell you that on at least one occasion, I ran into the player again, so in that one case at least nothing was done. But it may have happened in other instances as well. The only reason I remember this one player is because of his unique user name.

What's especially frustrating here is that these glitches people use can all be fixed, and yet they aren't. It's honestly quite unprofessional for DICE to ignore these things and not patch them. These bugs have all been described and reproduced on video. But that's the kind of company we're dealing with.
  • pinchylillobster
    gls2220 wrote: »
    I've reported tons of cheaters on Locker and never received any response from DICE/EA. Maybe they're taking action and the policy is not to communicate back to the person that made the report. I really don't know. In each case, I've offered video evidence of the cheat, but again, there's never been any interest from DICE/EA. I can tell you that on at least one occasion, I ran into the player again, so in that one case at least nothing was done. But it may have happened in other instances as well. The only reason I remember this one player is because of his unique user name.

What's especially frustrating here is that these glitches people use can all be fixed, and yet they aren't. It's honestly quite unprofessional for DICE to ignore these things and not patch them. These bugs have all been described and reproduced on video. But that's the kind of company we're dealing with.

The DICE policy, as is the policy of many companies, is to not discuss bans. They are not going to send each individual player that reported someone a message saying "you reported X player, we determined they were cheating. Thanks for reporting it". That may be what players want, but it won't happen, mostly because it can lead to harassment.

Report the player, it will be investigated and action will be taken if it's warranted.

As for the locker exploits, ya it would be nice if they fixed them but since DICE has stopped development of the game, it's unlikely to happen. Play on a server that has admins that will manually enforce it.
  • Onyx100185
    edited December 2016

The DICE policy, as is the policy of many companies, is to not discuss bans. They are not going to send each individual player that reported someone a message saying "you reported X player, we determined they were cheating. Thanks for reporting it". That may be what players want, but it won't happen, mostly because it can lead to harassment.

Report the player, it will be investigated and action will be taken if it's warranted.

As for the locker exploits, ya it would be nice if they fixed them but since DICE has stopped development of the game, it's unlikely to happen. Play on a server that has admins that will manually enforce it.

i already know that game companies don't reply to let you know if action was taken or not. I was just curious about on what average time would it be expected to not see that person shooting me through the wall above the escalators in metro or online at all due to a ban from the game. it's standard policy for all game companies to not disclose any action taken against memebers of its playerbase due to them cheating. clearly this guy is, you can see it on my youtube channel.

or you can watch this awesome kill streak that I got instead. too bad i quit recording because about 5 more guys popped around in front of me and they ended up the same way. i even had the time to stop everything i was doing to stop recording and double check that it was saved because that doesn't happen very often for me, while standing there and coming back to the game to get the next group of guys.

• gls2220
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You have more confidence than I do that DICE investigates anything. Since I've NEVER EVEN ONCE been asked for my recorded video evidence of cheats I've reported, I have my doubts that they do any kind of serious investigation of these things.

Regarding bugs and exploits, yes, I know it's unlikely to happen. I never said otherwise. But it's still unprofessional to not keep a small sustained engineering team in place to work on these kinds of issues.
This discussion has been closed.