How do you report cheaters and how long does it take before action is taken?

2»

Comments

• Onyx100185
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited January 2017
    i am begining to notice a trend on who's more likely to cheat on this game. the last guy that i cought cheating was german and lastnight i caught a guy completly invisible that killed me at least 5 times on capsian border at the A flag i believe it was. The flag closest to the RU base. And then the next round was on firestorm and I noticed the same guy that was killing me was on our team so I switched over to his squad and spawned on him. the only thing that you could see was his name tag. no gun, no anything through thermals or nv. nothing. just a flaoting name. and he knew it too because he would just casually walk up to tanks and throw c4 onto them and walk away and then resupply. he was from GB. so basically it's OOR players that I have seen doing this. That's not to say that people within my region doesn't do it at all, i just haven't caught them doing it as of yet.

the invisible people can die and when they do they don't respawn as invisible from what i saw because i stuck to him like glue to get the video proof and a someone in a tank ran us both over. but i never got to see how he did it. he had 11-1 before i even noticed he was on my team and before i joined the squad he was in after i noticed that. the round before that he had 20-0 so whatever that cheat is you don't need to die to do it like i have seen on youtube that you need to do with the everything but the gun being invisible cheat.
  • FromXbox_w_Love
    528 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Don't know about other platforms, but if you report a person on Xbox, you get a notification from Microsoft IF an action is taken on him or not. I reported a modder on 360 (not in BF however) and got the message about a week later.

I don't know if these Locker glitch spots are considered as serious cheating however. It's just about exploiting an unintended feature in the game (a bug). From one perspective, someone could say that "devs added this into the game, so it's legitimately a part of the game then". I suspect the guy could get his acc back just by crying how "he thought it's an easter egg, being there for a reason" or something. If anything, it's not even close to being considered serious as modding/hacking.

Still, people having spawn beacons inside walls in Op Locker & Metro is kinda game breaking sometimes.
  • OkAkA_93_or1kg7
    610 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    gls2220 wrote: »
    I've reported tons of cheaters on Locker and never received any response from DICE/EA. Maybe they're taking action and the policy is not to communicate back to the person that made the report. I really don't know. In each case, I've offered video evidence of the cheat, but again, there's never been any interest from DICE/EA. I can tell you that on at least one occasion, I ran into the player again, so in that one case at least nothing was done. But it may have happened in other instances as well. The only reason I remember this one player is because of his unique user name.

What's especially frustrating here is that these glitches people use can all be fixed, and yet they aren't. It's honestly quite unprofessional for DICE to ignore these things and not patch them. These bugs have all been described and reproduced on video. But that's the kind of company we're dealing with.

But Ea itself is kinda a cheater company,right?? :D so therefore cheater's in the game are their friends
  • Onyx100185
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Agu_FI_EU wrote: »
    Don't know about other platforms, but if you report a person on Xbox, you get a notification from Microsoft IF an action is taken on him or not. I reported a modder on 360 (not in BF however) and got the message about a week later.

I don't know if these Locker glitch spots are considered as serious cheating however. It's just about exploiting an unintended feature in the game (a bug). From one perspective, someone could say that "devs added this into the game, so it's legitimately a part of the game then". I suspect the guy could get his acc back just by crying how "he thought it's an easter egg, being there for a reason" or something. If anything, it's not even close to being considered serious as modding/hacking.

Still, people having spawn beacons inside walls in Op Locker & Metro is kinda game breaking sometimes.

that isn't even a valid argument especially since it's outlined in the ToS agreement that you accept by playing the game. it usually states something as follows: "taking advantage of a bug in a game, intended or not, reverse engerneering the game or network" blah blah blah blah blah it's all outlined under the cheating section of the ToS agreement.

actually, i did a quick search on google for the ToS and this came up so here you go.
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065221082350775/

there's no legit claim you can make by trying to use some cry baby logic that "well it's in the game so i'm allowed to cheat"
  • OGTrashBoat8
    777 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Wow, the memories from this thread and this forum in general. I kinda miss being banned for dumb **** especially from the LOLGotYerTags dude. Is he still around? Yikes if he is. This thread will probably be locked now cause its over 3 years old, but hey good to be back
  • ragnarok013
    3940 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Closing this thread for necro.
This discussion has been closed.