Scout class is so bad

realistalive
606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
pretty self explanatory, only good thing about it is the spotting flare

everything else is bad....cannot get any kills with any of the guns. I light up the enemy for 80-90 damage then they gun me down before I can pull back the bolt and let off another shot. Taking out the secondaries take too much time. Sniper shields are only good for blocking the tops of ladders, periscope and decoys are just meh.. the experimental semi auto sniper is a gimmick. Scout gets a 2/10

Comments

• bengr7
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree with you the sniper shots have to be instant kills accept if they are from too far away or in the legs...this must be fixed...i don't use just for this reason
  • Doomsayer08
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Try the MKIII carbine or the gewehr 95 carbine. Get rid of that spot light (scope glint). The 1903 experimental isn't bad once you get used to it.
  • jt29622985
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think the scout class is a defensive class that's only useful for defend flags. If you are trying to level it up go to hardcore mode. All snipers are one shots most the time, every now and then they'll be a 2 shot
  • BEFLAR
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dude I was totally you three weeks ago. I started the post "SCOUT CLASS sucks" Then I found the G95 carbine x2 RED DOT. Now I can PTFO. I have finished first over all a few times now so that is all the proof I need.

YOUR WELCOME!
  • WastelandSociety
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's not that bad. One or two will placed rounds and the guy is down.
    Tho those sniper shields pisses me off sometimes.

Was using a stationary artillery on a sniper using it and kept on getting 2-3 hit markers on the shield. Not getting any hit marker on the guy hiding behind it and he killed me through the stationary view spot.
  • DelightGalore
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The Scout is my favorite class. You just have to know how to strategically play as a sniper. You can't rush in like a Support and rain lead on your enemies then rack up kills and points. Me personally, I "SCOUT" for enemies on a objective from a distance and close in slowly until I feel it's safe. Also, a solution for your frustration you have against enemies that gun you down before you have a chance to fire a second round is simple. When you shoot them with a bolt action rifle, quickly release your secondary on them. The damage on a Scout's rifle is pretty high so a single handed gun should clear the enemy in like 1-3 bullets. Happy Scouting :smile:
  • 1903_Dark_Eagle
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If you think this class is bad then oh my.

Work on your aim or something. You're a sniper. You should be going for head shots.
  • bengr7
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Omg what headshots are you talking about if sniper hit you it will reap you apart
  • Doomsayer08
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not that bad. One or two will placed rounds and the guy is down.
    Tho those sniper shields pisses me off sometimes.

Was using a stationary artillery on a sniper using it and kept on getting 2-3 hit markers on the shield. Not getting any hit marker on the guy hiding behind it and he killed me through the stationary view spot.

Will k bullets go through those shields? I have never tried it.
  • SCOTTISH_MAYHEM
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I started playing with the Gewehr M.95 Infinity but I do mostly iron sights
  • PaulaDeen420
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wouldn't say it's bad I'd say it's selfish..
    the guns are OP but the equipment makes it very hard to PTFO and stay top of the leader board. I can get an 8.0 KD with the scout class have like 30-40 kills in a match and still finish outside the top 15 at end game. You are not going to get anywhere close, point wise, to someone who is throwing down meds and ammo, with the equipment given to scout. spotting points are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯! On top of that, unless you are an extremely aggressive scout you wont get as many capture points either. Typical scout play is outside of the objective looking in. I'd say the only time scouts will finish top of the leader board are very specific game modes like defending in operations and defending in rush other than that its just plain selfish.
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The scout class is actually pretty OP in the hands of a good player.
  • TG_JAZZY
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

pretty self explanatory, only good thing about it is the spotting flare

everything else is bad....cannot get any kills with any of the guns. I light up the enemy for 80-90 damage then they gun me down before I can pull back the bolt and let off another shot. Taking out the secondaries take too much time. Sniper shields are only good for blocking the tops of ladders, periscope and decoys are just meh.. the experimental semi auto sniper is a gimmick. Scout gets a 2/10

Iv found this to be case also but thats because im not a good scout im more assault,it only happens when I get to aggresive and go cqb so im probably just going to have to pick my targets better or like previously suggested try the 1903.
    I personally think the spotting flare isnt that good either (compared to predecesors )but as its supposed to be fitting with the theme,and promotes teamwork (having support for resupply)it will have to do
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    What drugs do you take??? Scout class is probably the only balanced class out there that now actually requires skill to use
  • Doomsayer08
    I wouldn't say it's bad I'd say it's selfish..
    the guns are OP but the equipment makes it very hard to PTFO and stay top of the leader board. I can get an 8.0 KD with the scout class have like 30-40 kills in a match and still finish outside the top 15 at end game. You are not going to get anywhere close, point wise, to someone who is throwing down meds and ammo, with the equipment given to scout. spotting points are ****! On top of that, unless you are an extremely aggressive scout you wont get as many capture points either. Typical scout play is outside of the objective looking in. I'd say the only time scouts will finish top of the leader board are very specific game modes like defending in operations and defending in rush other than that its just plain selfish.

It's not hard to ptfo as a scout at all. Pop flare into the middle of an objective read the mini map and kill the red diamonds with an ironsighted bolt action. As a result of these tactics, Scout has become my favorite class. The only way I'll use a scope is, if my team is hopeless...I guess that's better than switching teams.
    Don't tell anyone, but while playing as a scout, I actually thought to myself that the flare is op....lol

I have hit alot of people on accident. I just want to see what they were seeing. Probably just a glowing ball of fire flying at them lol. I have also used it to clear a room. People are afraid to get set on fire lol