Frames per second - how many do you really NEED?

Coffeecup132
542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
edited January 2017
Curious -> what are your personal opinions and preferences (especially the vets and pros)?

Would like to know what you 'prefer', and also the 'minimum' that you must have before putting you in a disadvantage.

Comments

• OprahSpreadEagle
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    When I did PC game I always went for the highest fps possible. I would turn down all the eye candy to max my monitor out at 144hz. More is better but for me below 100 is no bueno.
  • Smaisteri
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have never played with a 144Hz monitor, so I'd say 60FPS is the minimum for any kind of game. For VR, 80FPS is the lowest I can deal with.
  • Professor_Memes
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    At least 2
  • SatanicMutant
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    It really depends on how game developers include jump scares in their games.
  • spitfiresiemion
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    In the past I thought that 30 is fine, but once I improved my gear and started getting 70-100... there is a whole world of a difference (and it was clearly visible in improvement of my own performance). And if you get to 144... different universe.
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    As long as its above 30(ish) I can tolerate it (depending on the game ofc. 30fps is much easier to deal with in say an RTS or something). For an FPS though id say 50+ FPS is a necisity however.

MY PC has had some recent trouble running Fallout NV lately. Was running at 30 to 35 fps and was darn near unbearable. However I would find FPS drops in Kerbal Space Program, or Planet Coaster, (sometimes under 30 fps in cases) to be perfectly fine.
  • Professor_Memes
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Being a filthy console scrublord, 30 is my bottom line. I remember Just Cause 3 dropped to like 25 at some points and for some reason those extra 5 made it unbearable but I found 30 okay.
  • Toxic_CA
    826 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My monitor is 60 so I want 60 minimum
  • Coffeecup132
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited January 2017
    Being a filthy console scrublord, 30 is my bottom line. I remember Just Cause 3 dropped to like 25 at some points and for some reason those extra 5 made it unbearable but I found 30 okay.

Being a filthy casual noob on a potato, 30fps is the minimum I can put up with too. But playing at 50-70fps surely makes me suck less.

5 fps difference between 60fps and 65fps may be nothing, but between 30fps and 25fps can mean digital life and death lol
    Post edited by Coffeecup132 on