Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

SLI Status?

ANGRYharold
519 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Just wondering what the current state of SLI is in this game. I run a 144hz monitor and I'm considering purchasing another 1070 and running SLI, as I can't hit 144 consistently without every graphics setting on low. I don't think the 1080 ti will be anywhere near affordable, and the 1080 seems like a very marginal improvement.

Comments

• MrPinesol
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I am running it with a 6700k and dual 1080's with an HB bridge. With 100% res scale on my monitor I get around 95-120ish fps. The stuttering in game is gone for me. It only happens sometimes in the menu between games and not very often in the in game map. It is still there but the gameplay is not affected. My moniter is 1440p at 144hz as well
  • ANGRYharold
    I am running it with a 6700k and dual 1080's with an HB bridge. With 100% res scale on my monitor I get around 95-120ish fps. The stuttering in game is gone for me. It only happens sometimes in the menu between games and not very often in the in game map. It is still there but the gameplay is not affected. My moniter is 1440p at 144hz as well

so even with 1080's in SLI you can't stay at 120 as a minimum on Ultra? both GPU's are at 100% usage?
  • MrPinesol
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No, not as a minimum on ultra (ultra is what I always play on) I didn't bother to check my usage but as far as the stuttering they had is gone from gameplay (at least for me)
  • MrPinesol
    While youre moving around alot and there are alot of players it will drop down, but as you just sit somewhere in a map it will stay usually at like 110ish depending what map
  • D5RAT
    702 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Scaling in this game is non existent for SLI and crossfire
  • freakingcrazy
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    D5RAT wrote: »
    Scaling in this game is non existent for SLI and crossfire

indeed, a single 1080gtx can reach 120 to144fps, 80 minimal then. My system does reach this fps.
    So they have to improve sli perfomance a lot.Its not a must for this game,yet
  • lurkios
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The SLI is broken as hell and has been since the November patch. Flickering everywhere, terrible scaling and a totally unreadable chat-box. Everything was fine pre-November, but apparently they've left continuing development of BF1 to the single unpaid intern and he's off napping in the server room. At this point I do not expect a fix.
  • ANGRYharold
    lurkios wrote: »
    The SLI is broken as hell and has been since the November patch. Flickering everywhere, terrible scaling and a totally unreadable chat-box. Everything was fine pre-November, but apparently they've left continuing development of BF1 to the single unpaid intern and he's off napping in the server room. At this point I do not expect a fix.

alright, thanks to everyone for the replies. guess i'll just deal with sub 144hz until Volta.
  • Jumpy-B-L
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 11
    Never dips below 128FPS on full ultra, no TAA on my rig. Was crap when I had 3770k at 4.5, runs beautifully now.
  • LOPa99
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 11
    Hi,

I run 2x980ti@1470mhz in SLI setup and since last update i dont have any issue. I run all ULTRA less POST PROCESSING that i run it in LOW and for me is dificult to see frames low 120.

I would like to compare with other setups becouse i see diferents performance all the time but i can say that i run BF1 144Mhz capped on a 1440p 100% scale resolution and is running around 144 all the time as i said.

Im new to SLI config and new to BF and i can say that with latest PATCH game runs for me SMOOTH and BEAUTIFULL. I have to say that i move from 1866 DDR3 16Gb to 2400MHZ and makes a big big difference in smooth to better performance... HIGHLY RECOMENDED!

Cheers
  • Tagar3la
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I can say that with SLI GTX1070 you will get in all ULTRA 100% res scale:

144fps @1080P;
    110 to 140 @1440P;
    80 to 90 @4K. (AA on)

Got 2x 980ti Waterforce and is +- what i get!
  • III-POPTART-IIII
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ultra / Runs 144FPS @ 1440p with Gsync 98% of the time/ Dual 1080 FTW's / but yes Sli is still broken , not at 100% yet...
  • Fruxen
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 11
    Works fine on my rig. SLI 2xGTX970 at up to 99/98%. Stable FPS around 100 (my max refresh rate) with Ultra on 3440x1440. Just no AA and Post Processing on medium.
  • 0n3Gun3R
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 11
    SLI is fine if you have adequate CPU to drive this game and 1070/80 SLI at 1440 and 100 plus frames it requires beefy CPU you need 6-10 cores i7 to maintain high stable frames.

I get pretty much get 140-165fps on ultra with my frames capped with 1080 SLI. I could get lot more but my monitor 165hz so i increase res scale. BTW CPU 5960x and all cores/threads work hard.

• ksathug
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i have sli 1070 ultra and i can say dont or never go sli ther are more isues then benfit i regret geting a second card!!

• LOPa99
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 11
    ksathug wrote: »
    i have sli 1070 ultra and i can say dont or never go sli ther are more isues then benfit i regret geting a second card!!

2 cards runs ok for everyone at the moment.. and very good 4 others..... Im happy with SLI. Bought my second card the day they release the last patch and I cant be happier!!!!!

Which memory are you running?

Cheers

Edit./ I saw your memory specs ...
  • flashrebel
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am SLI 1080 and if I can give one advice ... don't go for SLI, stay with one card. How already @ksathug posted, there are more issues than benefits. It just does not worth to go from 100 to 144 fps. Anyway it is dropping 80 - 144 anytime and stable FPS around 100 are better than 144 with some "SLI issues" . I don;t think that eye can see a difference between 100 and 144 FPS. But you will experience some issues with SLI for sure - not only in this dame.
    Also somehow I don't see much difference between low and ultra settings in game. FPS and graphics looks almost the same for me.
  • Tagar3la
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have SLI 980ti Waterforce and yes, is easy with only one card but i'm happy with it!
    I got steady frames with my 6900k and 32gb ram.
    In the future i will try not to go SLI but for now is ok for me.
    Hope others games will not have same problems as BF1 and SLI.

I believe games are not ready for SLI, maby is beter to buy one top GPU (Titan X or something)!
  • Philomaeus
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm running two GTX 970's at the moment. And with the latest drivers from Nvidia, along with the recent patch from DICE.
    I can say that SLi is working wonderfully for me. It's not 100% fixed as of right now. But it's very, very close to being fully there.

I get great performance compared to when I was forced to use one of my cards when there was no fix or patch for the broken SLi in the game.

The only real problems that are apparent to me, is that flickering still happens with puddles of water, and sometimes textures will flicker as well as the text for the menu and menu hints will as well.

Now, I have never personally have the chat box ever flicker once on me. But other than those small problems, the game is completely playable with SLi enabled.

Though I would really love for it to be fully fixed someday. :)
  • R22R-NoDataQC
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 12
    I game with 2 FTW 1080 and 5820k @ 4.0. The SLI support is not really good with BF1, around 40-50% more frames at best. Not a really good SLI scaling, but not that bad.

I play in Surround 3x1080p (so 3k of pixels?).

At ultra, except TAA, one card run the game at 70-80 fps, with 2 card I get 100-110 fps, and with "Thread.MaxProcessorCount 12" (all the cpu cores are maxed out) it goes up to 110-130 fps (don't do much with a single card).

Does anyone have similar result?