Mouse macros?

SoulDickstroy
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited January 2017
Hello, I've been looking for this but the content I found was just not enough to clarify this to me or too old. I'm thinking about buying a gaming mouse to try it out, I've never had one and some of them look pretty cool with it's design, lights, etc... However some models come with it's own software to configure macros into the additional buttons the mouse has, for example binding the grenade key to a mouse button. It's also possible to create a macro in some models to "auto-fire" semi auto weapons by holding a button and having it configured to make x left clicks per seconds while you're holding ir, which isn't actually auto firing, it's just clicking so fast. I can perfectly click really fast to fire some semi autos, but I'd want to try out that feature for two main reasons:

1 - After a whole conquest game clicking super fast my finger will start to hurt, specially with the m1903 experimental, which has a huge rate of fire but a somewhat low damage and low range, so you have to click really fast to use the weapon at it's full potential, or it's completely useless. And it's my almost only way to level up the scout class since my sniping skills are nonexistant, after a lot of tries in vain to improve it.

2 - Mouse durability; as you all should know, every button/key has a lifespan based on how many times/how strong you click or smash that button, so clicking it so many times during the long gameplay sessions operations and conquest offer will reduce it's lifespan and in the end the button would start to malfunction or break at some point, with the macro making it last much longer.

Now my question is: is this allowed? Because I don't want to spend 20+ $ on a mouse with some features I will never use or I will get banned. This is not any kind of hack or cheat, as I told you I can click very fast with the problems I posted. And since weapons have a rate of fire cap, it cannot be surpassed in any way, the 1903 exp having 450 rpm, which would be 7.5 clicks per second, nothing extremely fast, so even if I used 50 clicks per second, there would be no difference if I used 7.5, 10, 20 or 1000 clicks per second.

Plase, if possible I would like to get serious and clear answers, with it's source and, luckily enough, an official answer from a developer/staff member. I don't care about "in my opinion" answers because they are subjective and what you think isn't going to change what the actual facts are. Thank you very much.

And for God's sake, save your "learn to play", "get some skill", "omg you hacker I hope you get banned", etc comments. I think we all are old enough to avoid these things.

Comments

• NOVA-GOA
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hello, I've been looking for this but the content I found was just not enough to clarify this to me or too old. I'm thinking about buying a gaming mouse to try it out, I've never had one and some of them look pretty cool with it's design, lights, etc... However some models come with it's own software to configure macros into the additional buttons the mouse has, for example binding the grenade key to a mouse button. It's also possible to create a macro in some models to "auto-fire" semi auto weapons by holding a button and having it configured to make x left clicks per seconds while you're holding ir, which isn't actually auto firing, it's just clicking so fast. I can perfectly click really fast to fire some semi autos, but I'd want to try out that feature for two main reasons:

1 - After a whole conquest game clicking super fast my finger will start to hurt, specially with the m1903 experimental, which has a huge rate of fire but a somewhat low damage and low range, so you have to click really fast to use the weapon at it's full potential, or it's completely useless. And it's my almost only way to level up the scout class since my sniping skills are nonexistant, after a lot of tries in vain to improve it.

2 - Mouse durability; as you all should know, every button/key has a lifespan based on how many times/how strong you click or smash that button, so clicking it so many times during the long gameplay sessions operations and conquest offer will reduce it's lifespan and in the end the button would start to malfunction or break at some point, with the macro making it last much longer.

Now my question is: is this allowed? Because I don't want to spend 20+ $ on a mouse with some features I will never use or I will get banned. This is not any kind of hack or cheat, as I told you I can click very fast with the problems I posted. And since weapons have a rate of fire cap, it cannot be surpassed in any way, the 1903 exp having 450 rpm, which would be 7.5 clicks per second, nothing extremely fast, so even if I used 50 clicks per second, there would be no difference if I used 7.5, 10, 20 or 1000 clicks per second.

Plase, if possible I would like to get serious and clear answers, with it's source and, luckily enough, an official answer from a developer/staff member. I don't care about "in my opinion" answers because they are subjective and what you think isn't going to change what the actual facts are. Thank you very much.

And for God's sake, save your "learn to play", "get some skill", "omg you hacker I hope you get banned", etc comments. I think we all are old enough to avoid these things.

Yes it is all possible and many do it. Especially with semi auto rifles or burst weapons. Nothing can be done about it.
  • VonReisler
    488 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In this game macros are permitted to bind keys, as far as the rest of it goes( eg your mentioned auto-fire) they are not permitted and are a bannable offence.
    Anything that alters the gun mechanics created by the developers is against the TOS. and is therfore cheating.
    If the developers had intended a gun to be fired at max rof with 1 click then it would be called auto.
    If you think that nothing can be done about this form of cheating then think again.
  • TinkkiVaari
    762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't see how you could tell someone is using a mouse (or keyboard) macro to fire at a constant pace. Or I can, but don't think it would be worth the trouble. People used macros in BF3 with AN-94.
  • CaptaPraelium
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If your finger hurts from mouse clicking look at your posture. Every tiny thing matters. For example last week I changed my seat cushion and got a sore shoulder.
    Or maybe you're just physically incapable. Not everyone can be good at everything. You can accept that and emphasize gameplay that doesn't require fast clicking (eg: git gud at sniping)
    Either way:
    Cheating is not the answer.
    You say that you like to think we are old enough to avoid these things. Maybe you're old (mature) enough to accept reality, in your specific case, to accept that either you need to change your SELF or your MOUSE, and only one of those things is going to actually improve your gameplay, whereas the other will create an illusion of something that isn't real. If you 'win' a gunfight and you're running a macro and he isn't, it wasn't a fair fight, and you didn't win, the mouse did. If you're cool with that, maybe you're not as old (mature) as you think.
    I mean honestly your OP can be translated as such:
    I suck at high ROF weapons. I suck at low ROF weapons. I'm worried that I might have to buy a new mouse the same as everyone else. Can I use software to bypass all of these problems everyone else faces?
    I know that comes across pretty harsh but you talk like you want real answers so there it is mate. The big question is: Can you deal with it?
  • SoulDickstroy
    If your finger hurts from mouse clicking look at your posture. Every tiny thing matters. For example last week I changed my seat cushion and got a sore shoulder.
    Or maybe you're just physically incapable. Not everyone can be good at everything. You can accept that and emphasize gameplay that doesn't require fast clicking (eg: git gud at sniping)
    Either way:
    Cheating is not the answer.
    You say that you like to think we are old enough to avoid these things. Maybe you're old (mature) enough to accept reality, in your specific case, to accept that either you need to change your SELF or your MOUSE, and only one of those things is going to actually improve your gameplay, whereas the other will create an illusion of something that isn't real. If you 'win' a gunfight and you're running a macro and he isn't, it wasn't a fair fight, and you didn't win, the mouse did. If you're cool with that, maybe you're not as old (mature) as you think.
    I mean honestly your OP can be translated as such:
    I suck at high ROF weapons. I suck at low ROF weapons. I'm worried that I might have to buy a new mouse the same as everyone else. Can I use software to bypass all of these problems everyone else faces?
    I know that comes across pretty harsh but you talk like you want real answers so there it is mate. The big question is: Can you deal with it?

Well what I mean is not that I want to excel at every single weapon ingame, I suck at sniping and what I'm looking for is an aggresive way to level up the scout (and binding some keys to the mouse would be nice too, not only the macro thing) which I can do using that rifle. What I wanted to know is if making the macro to make semi automatic fire easier instead of clicking like there's no tomorrow is considered cheating with a mousd, as long as no scripts are required (AutoHotkey, for example), being a mouse feature. However I can't find any information, I can only se that some games allow the usof macros and macros that people consider banneable are the no-recoil/spread ones, which do require some scripting.
  • SoulDickstroy
    VonReisler wrote: »
    In this game macros are permitted to bind keys, as far as the rest of it goes( eg your mentioned auto-fire) they are not permitted and are a bannable offence.
    Anything that alters the gun mechanics created by the developers is against the TOS. and is therfore cheating.
    If the developers had intended a gun to be fired at max rof with 1 click then it would be called auto.
    If you think that nothing can be done about this form of cheating then think again.

Actually I don't wat to transform that weapon into an auto one, what I want is to fire at max rate of fire, which is possible clicking fast enough and I can do, in an easier way, only having to click once, that way I think I'm not altering in any way how the weapon works, as long as I would be firing at the maximum rate of fire allowed by the weapon, not double, triple or anything. However what I think is not going to change anything, and if it has been declared anywhere that this thing is considered cheating then it's not a viable option.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Actually auto-fire macros are one thing Fairfight does detect, not because it scans for them, but because a human can't press any button to the millisecond on the same pattern more than once.

It's very easy to detect for fair fight to detect this server side, and also results in zero false positives, so they don't even need to be careful about that one.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    VonReisler wrote: »

Actually I don't wat to transform that weapon into an auto one, what I want is to fire at max rate of fire, which is possible clicking fast enough and I can do, in an easier way, only having to click once, that way I think I'm not altering in any way how the weapon works, as long as I would be firing at the maximum rate of fire allowed by the weapon, not double, triple or anything. However what I think is not going to change anything, and if it has been declared anywhere that this thing is considered cheating then it's not a viable option.

Making a weapon fire continuously while holding a button is making it an auto one. Nothing to do with its rate of fire.
  • SoulDickstroy
    edited January 2017
    Actually auto-fire macros are one thing Fairfight does detect, not because it scans for them, but because a human can't press any button to the millisecond on the same pattern more than once.

It's very easy to detect for fair fight to detect this server side, and also results in zero false positives, so they don't even need to be careful about that one.

I guess this will have it's source, but it's what I imagined, so I'll better not run any macro, at least until someone confirms it is not restricted. Probably will buy the mouse anyway, I've always wanted one of those, and the auto-fire macro can be useful in other games that allow it (Ark for example, it's a real pain in the *** when you have to force-feed your dino to heal it xD), well, thanks for the explanation, you saved me from a possible ban if I had to test it myself.
  • UlfTV
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Macro is for noobs. No difference between cheating.
  • NOVA-GOA
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Lol fairfight dont detect that. Any one with the mouse software can bind a key to fire with left click Withe millisecond timing to make it not auto but repeatable shots. ROF is not changed.
  • Z-Crashpilot1001
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Macros not allowed, they violate EA terms of service. http://www2.ea.com/terms-of-service

QUOTE:

"... Use or distribute unauthorized software programs or tools, such as "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs, "cheat utility" software program or applications, exploits, cheats, or any other game hacking, altering or cheating software or tool. ..."

And to those of you that advocate Macros here in this thread:

"...Promote, encourage or take part in any prohibited activity described above...."

So stay away from Macros, period.
  • CaptaPraelium
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    OP, I understood what you're asking and why. Just practice like the rest of us do. It's MEANT to be hard.
    Macros not allowed, they violate EA terms of service. http://www2.ea.com/terms-of-service

QUOTE:

"... Use or distribute unauthorized software programs or tools, such as "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs, "cheat utility" software program or applications, exploits, cheats, or any other game hacking, altering or cheating software or tool. ..."

"...Promote, encourage or take part in any prohibited activity described above...."

Thanks for taking the time to quote official docs.
    annnnd /thread.
  • SoulDickstroy

QUOTE:

This is what I was looking for, thank you very much, sir.
  • Elite1771
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    what if u want to use a macro to use it for medkits and reviving people instead of having to push 3 and 4

• buster126
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I had one for a short while that combined run key + mele so I could have a one button/click bayonet charge. It worked great but I decided to delete it soon after. Seemed unfair lol
  • StarscreamUK
    6264 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    closing as a) necro
    b) macros are not specifically allowed.

This discussion has been closed.