I shouldn't be sharing this - Flight School with Skywalker.

2»

Comments

• DavTan
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To all good pilots, I salute your fine eyesight, cos whenever I bother to get in the air the majority of the time I don't see other planes or ground targets... Mainly because of the lack of spotting in this game but it's probably just my weaknesses as well.
  • I-sunduck-I
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DavTan wrote: »
    Mainly because of the lack of spotting in this game but it's probably just my weaknesses as well.

I found that pilots are the best spotters in the game. I usually get a ton of spots just by one q-click. And pilots spots enemy plains like crasy to alert other pilots.

About PTFO - i usually guard rear flags from horses, bikes and taxi planes. Get a lot of highlits as flag defender.

• KorpusDraige
    2353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    He has some decent tips, but I disagree with some of his methods. That scissoring he was doing in the main video you showed, they were too tight for players using high FOV, they would/should see all of that, making him very easy to follow and kill. You would have to be really bad not to be able to follow that, or at least slow down a bit as he pulled himself further away from you.

I would like to show this video he made:

As he states, "Dillons are a bad idea" (A dillon is when you come to a stall, to force an overshoot from your enemy). He is quite simply wrong. Dillons work amazingly well on BF1, more so than any other BF title. I can show very fine examples of how Dillons work against ACTUAL dogfighters, in ACTUAL 1v1 situations.

He has some fair points though, so I don't think it's all bad. I also disagree with his "holding throttle". While it's mostly holding accelerator, you want to brake into angles, it can give you shots that simply holding accelerator can't give you.
  • Ken_Hammered
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DavTan wrote: »
    To all good pilots, I salute your fine eyesight, cos whenever I bother to get in the air the majority of the time I don't see other planes or ground targets... Mainly because of the lack of spotting in this game but it's probably just my weaknesses as well.

Bud I can barely see a thing myself. Even after you drop flares it helps out the ground crew fine, don't help you much at all.

Sure I drop darts on people I do manage to see, and sometimes they're spotted for me, but the vast majority of times it's just dropping them where I'm confident the enemy will be - a flag is capping and you get to know where on the flag people tend to take cover, so drop 'em and hope.....

..... and it usually works.

The exception is hill camping snipers because they'll glint at you, just keep your eye on where the glint came from, drop some darts and the kill will be there.

Planes though, you got to learn to spot them, much easier chasing someone you put a target on.
  • ColonScoper
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Flying just seems so boring in BF1 where most gameplay is super objective focused, planes contribute almost nothing to the actual game progressing outside of knocking off a couple tickets from the attacking team (since the majority of their kills get medic revived anyway).

This is so misguided, let me tell you my typical game in The Trenchy.

My typical game if I jump in a Trenchy:

Oh yes you're right, we want kills. But where do you think those kills are? Let me tell you - it's where the action is. It's on flags that are being contested.

So on those Flags you're trying to capture/defend - I'll be overhead providing a pair of spotting flares on every second pass (which btw = constant coverage) and a load of darts on every pass.

Can you explain to me, in your wisdom, how the flares aren't helping you? Would you rather I not? What about the kills I get on Flag that you're trying to capture/defend, not helping you or the team either? Again, would you rather I not? Think I'm stealing your kills is that it? Don't worry, there's always plenty for everyone or I wouldn't be there.

Of course I can't do it all the time or even prioritise it, I just do it when i'm not doing my real job. My real job is clearing the skies which sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. But getting rid of those Bombers/Attack/Fighters doing to you as I would to others bombing where you're fighting, that not helping you either? Again rather I just leave them alone?

And if I'm not doing either of the above it's because someone's glinted at me. Some hill humping camper sniper sitting on a hill taking pot-shots at the Flag you're fighting over or anywhere else where he can catch you with your back turned has glinted at me. So when I drop a load of darts on him, that not helping you at all either. None of it? Rather I leave him there for you to chase down. I thought I'd be getting Medals and Bridges named after me for that, maybe even songs in the Barracks.

I don't know what else you think we're doing or the motivation you assign us. We don't go circling around looking for a zombie standing in the middle of the field for our "couple of tickets a game".

What else do you think we're doing?

Sky-Writing?

Jesus, you're super insecure about people who say anything remotely negative about flying huh?
  • Ken_Hammered
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bud I do it all, fly, tank, infantry. I play all classes and try to keep the score level so pretty much all equally - except Cavalry, hate horses.

So I'm no more insecure about flying than I would be about Medic or Support etc etc etc etc.

It's just that I have an appreciation of what all *classes bring to the game and seeing as I'm the OP of this thread feel I have a right to correct the ignorant.

*Except hill camping snipers, they bring NOTHING! (Note I play Scout as an Assault with the pop-gun and flares)
  • MissNaughtyKitty
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Flying just seems so boring in BF1 where most gameplay is super objective focused, planes contribute almost nothing to the actual game progressing outside of knocking off a couple tickets from the attacking team (since the majority of their kills get medic revived anyway).

Um, no. I'm maybe an average pilot but I'll get in an attack plane while being a squad leader and do everything I can to help my squad accomplish the objectives I'VE set. I can see the whole battlefield, drop spotting flares, help anticipate what's coming at them or what they should be doing as well.

On Operations the other day, we were defending Fao Fortress A flag. The enemy was bunching up and harassing the flag from the entrance furthest from B. In a single barrage I got 7 kills, 2 assists, and the gratitude of my squadies. That's a hefty multi-kill. They witnessed the carnage close up.

And then the medic behind them revives them all and continues along. You get a bunch of kills, but it's rare that they're actually relevant.

I've seen some players in planes go 150+ - 0 in operations and still lose because their actual impact regarding objectives is negligible.

Your sour grapes must taste so sour.

I have 1/5th of your played game time but double the objective points that you do (so essentially helping win the game 10x more often than you are). You think planes are useful because you're bad at the game; the only thing that they're relevant for in regards to objectives is Bombers insta-killing tanks that may be preventing a push.
  • KorpusDraige
    2353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017

Um, no. I'm maybe an average pilot but I'll get in an attack plane while being a squad leader and do everything I can to help my squad accomplish the objectives I'VE set. I can see the whole battlefield, drop spotting flares, help anticipate what's coming at them or what they should be doing as well.

On Operations the other day, we were defending Fao Fortress A flag. The enemy was bunching up and harassing the flag from the entrance furthest from B. In a single barrage I got 7 kills, 2 assists, and the gratitude of my squadies. That's a hefty multi-kill. They witnessed the carnage close up.

And then the medic behind them revives them all and continues along. You get a bunch of kills, but it's rare that they're actually relevant.

I've seen some players in planes go 150+ - 0 in operations and still lose because their actual impact regarding objectives is negligible.

Your sour grapes must taste so sour.

I have 1/5th of your played game time but double the objective points that you do (so essentially helping win the game 10x more often than you are). You think planes are useful because you're bad at the game; the only thing that they're relevant for in regards to objectives is Bombers insta-killing tanks that may be preventing a push.

Planes are helpful depending on the pilot. Most pilots don't help much with their plane, but when me and my wingman are in a scrim (team vs team) and basically basing the enemy team from force, that says it all. Picking off key enemies and helping to take out tanks, so our infantry can push is helpful and without the pilot's help, it'll make the push more difficult. Everything runs in a circle. Air helps ground and ground helps air, everything has a part in winning.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13715 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    This is why threads get shut down.

@MissNaughtyKitty
    Don't stat bash others.

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.