This Week in Battlefield V

Frontal Melee Attacks

BoWinston
952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited January 2017
Are way too easyyyyyy. Love facing someone and unloading a clip into them and they hit the melee button and get sucked into melee animation for their insta-kill. LAME.

Frontal melee attacks should really just be poking each other the quickest to a kill without any animation but if they're going to keep the animation then bring back counter-knifing from BF4 to cut this easy crap out that requires no skill.

Comments

• Themightynewb
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They got the animation because your health was so low that the melee they have needs only one hit. When that animation starts, you're dead. So if you can't kill them before the animation starts, you didn't win that battle.

There's plenty of times where you have killed serval other enemies and have very low health and then 1 more player walks around a corner and misses his entire clip then just melees. Or you killed 2 enemies in the same clip then ran out of ammo and you are reloading and then the next guy comes and melees you. Your comment is extremely wrong and arrogant. There's countless situations where you get locked into a frontal melee animation and it had nothing to do with you miss playing the situation.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    BoWinston wrote: »
    Are way too easyyyyyy. Love facing someone and unloading a clip into them and they hit the melee button and get sucked into melee animation for their insta-kill. LAME.

Frontal melee attacks should really just be poking each other the quickest to a kill without any animation but if they're going to keep the animation then bring back counter-knifing from BF4 to cut this easy crap out that requires no skill.

Counterknifing was the most "mentally handicapped" thing ever invented. It did not even made sense the way the enemy was turning your arm around, it's like you were letting him do it without resisting at all. Also, "unloading a clip" into somebody in CQC takes as much skill as meleeing.
  • ZOMBIE_BAIT_368
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They got the animation because your health was so low that the melee they have needs only one hit. When that animation starts, you're dead. So if you can't kill them before the animation starts, you didn't win that battle.

45 health is low enough to get you stuck and insta killed in the melee animations for some weapons.

So no, when I get hit, run around the corner to find some cover, run into a guy, unload a few rounds point blank into his chest only to get insta killed by a shovel, I was not already dead. I had nearly half health.

• plain_ole_pain
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wish you could just block the frontal melee not a counter kill like BF4.
  • Comrad18
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

45 health is low enough to get you stuck and insta killed in the melee animations for some weapons.

So no, when I get hit, run around the corner to find some cover, run into a guy, unload a few rounds point blank into his chest only to get insta killed by a shovel, I was not already dead. I had nearly half health.

The shovel and hatchet both do 80 damage. That's more then enough to kill you at half health. Different melee weapons do different damage.
  • BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017

Well if that's true I would rather be stabbed and killed without animation, if they're going to do animation I want the counter-knife animation like BF4 because it feels way too easy to melee your way out of a losing position in this game.

I've been bayoneted by the front while unloading clips into them way too much as well and it's stupid. I can't block their bayonet rifle with my own rifle? If you have counter animation than you won't be having people bayonet so much to become an invincible opponent.
  • the-frag-artist
    432 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

There's plenty of times where you have killed serval other enemies and have very low health and then 1 more player walks around a corner and misses his entire clip then just melees. Or you killed 2 enemies in the same clip then ran out of ammo and you are reloading and then the next guy comes and melees you. Your comment is extremely wrong and arrogant. There's countless situations where you get locked into a frontal melee animation and it had nothing to do with you miss playing the situation.

Extremely wrong and arrogant? Nothing about what I said was wrong. Arrogant? Lmfao!!! I never said anything about 'misplaying the situation'. But since you brought it up, if you died, you played it wrong.

Here's what you said in a nutshell "I'm too busy reloading waaaaaaaaaa"
  • sparky2172
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No thanks to the return of the BF4 counter knife system, that system was about as effective as the kolibri at long range.

It rarely gave me the counter animation and if it actually did give me the counter chance, I'd press the corresponding button only to keep my hands frozen in the air and have to quit out to fix it.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Comrad18 wrote: »

The shovel and hatchet both do 80 damage. That's more then enough to kill you at half health. Different melee weapons do different damage.

I thought the highest melee weapon only did 55 dmg?

WTH have I been using the Sabertooth all this time for...
  • Arobot123
    144 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017

I thought they weren't going to release the Sabertooth until BF: Caveman. ;)

• crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Knives do 30
    Blunts do 55
    Special does 80 (your sawtooth)
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

Knives do 30
    Blunts do 55

Had no idea. I could've sworn it only did 55 damage when I hit someone at full health... I have to pay more attention next time, I nearly got 900 kills with the thing too haha
  • The_Decapitat0r
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 2017
    Knives do 30
    Blunts do 55

False. Blunts do 45 damage (3 hit frontal kill at full health) and large weapons (including sawtooth) do 55 damage, to a normal soldier.

Not sure about knives because I don't really use them but I think they are 35 damage (3 hit frontal kill at full hp).

Don't pay attention to the damage number in the menu, it is just a relative figure, not the hp damage output.
  • 53MT3X-11
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not impressed with the knifing TBH. It's hit and miss. You can run up to an enemy that's unaware and mash the stab button only for them to turn round and stab you or one shot you.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This is a BS excuse, because the animation has a fairly large radius that requires little to no aim, while an actual swipe would require skill to kill someone. It's the difference between lock-ons and dumb fire rockets.
  • ZOMBIE_BAIT_368
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BoWinston wrote: »

When you shoot someone at point blank it is instant damage to the enemy, just like the lock on melee kill animation, so I don't see the problem. I also don't see how shooting someone 1 meter away at point blank requires more 'skill'. You were just outplayed and shouldn't have gotten too close to them and backed up, if you don't also want to use melee weapons.

When you shoot somebody at point blank, the guy you shot isn't immediately locked into a death animation for which there is no escape.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Knives do 30
    Blunts do 55

Had no idea. I could've sworn it only did 55 damage when I hit someone at full health... I have to pay more attention next time, I nearly got 900 kills with the thing too haha

it does 55 damage. just because it says it does 80 damage in the stats that doesn't mean it does 80 damage. no melee weapon does more then 55 damage.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sorry but you guys claiming you are getting one shot from up front with a melee weapon are experiencing one of two possible things:

1. Due to lag the person actually got behind you and hit the melee sweet spot even though they looked like they were in front.
    2. You already had enough damage to get one shot from the front or you were being shot at from another enemy as you were about to get melee and didn't notice.

There are no melee weapons that one shot from the front.