This Week in Battlefield V

Question: How many games have you been in where the behemoth changed the outcome of the game?

plain_ole_pain
276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Whether you had the behemoth on your side or the opposing side. How many games can you recall where you really saw a your team or again the opposing team come back to win or make it a close game because of the impact of the behemoth.

Comments

• hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    I can recall only one time for certain. More rare than the Gold Heavy tank skin I think..
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Only a handful of times in 150+ hours. I usually forget they are there and then they aren't. The only one that really can be a pain is the Armoured Train but even then it seems to dissapear off to the other end of whatever map it's on and I don't even encounter it.
  • CH1R0N83
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Depends on the game mode. On operations a behemoth can often breathe new life into a stalled attack. In conquest? No. People just seem to use it to farm easy kills.
  • boutneus
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It usually just means more people not doing jack all, sitting in the behemoth instead of trying to turn the game. But on operations the dreadnought can really make a difference, train and airship usually don't last long
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    In Operations, all the time. A mild, pathetic attack that loses a Battalion, often gets it's crap in order when they lose that Battalion and become reinforced with the Behemoth.

As for conquest though?

I play 4 or 5 nights a week, for about 2-3 hours a night.

So, conservatively, 15-20 hours a week.

I'd say I see a Behemoth change a conquest match about once every 20 hours of conquest gameplay - about once a week.

• MATT-CHEW82
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not many, less than 5%. I have over 100 hours on Conquest.
  • xLioncashx
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    In operations the behemoths are cancer. It's become boring how many times games flip because some moron gets hold of one and the team does nothing to stop it.
  • MATT-CHEW82
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    xLioncashx wrote: »
    In operations the behemoths are cancer. It's become boring how many times games flip because some moron gets hold of one and the team does nothing to stop it.

Agree completely. For a team that's already losing, you now have 5-6 players up in an airship or in a train, and not boots on the ground capturing objectives. It's more of a distraction than anything, doesn't help. IMO.
  • captinsmooth
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    200 plus hours on mostly conquest and I've seen it maybe 15 times. I have noticed it's been a little more frequent since the last patch.
  • Petedawg508
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nearly 300 hours of play and I can probably count the times on 1 hand.
    It all comes down to the driver, which is usually not the best player in the server.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Agree completely. For a team that's already losing, you now have 5-6 players up in an airship or in a train, and not boots on the ground capturing objectives. It's more of a distraction than anything, doesn't help. IMO.

That's not at all my experience, man.

Behemoths help with the push in Operations.

The defending team either focuses resources on taking out the behemoth, which allows for a more successful attack.

Or the defending team plays far more safely in buildings etc avoiding the behemoth, which allows for a more successful attack.

I'm not saying it's 100% of the time, but to discount the role of the behemoth in Operations is silly.
  • DrDacreamer
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Airship --- Gangbanged by all the AA on the map before it can return fire or drop bombs on them

Trump Train --- Stumped by tanks and mortars that stay out of range and sight

Dreadnought --- Bombers fly out of range of AA cannons and deal immense damage, boats can be destroyed by AA (takes forever and distracts AA) or the big cannons (if close enough)

So to give behemoths a better chance at turning the tide of a battle, I propose...

Airship --- Increase carriage health and gunners in carriages are immune to damage from AA ... AA currently can knock out carriages and gunners within seconds

Trump Train --- Increase mortar range and velocity of the artillery gun ... help deal with tanks sitting across the map and against mortar parties

Dreadnought --- Greatly increase range and velocity of AA, remove one AA gun and replace with a cannon that fires one shell either like a tank or a mortar ... Help deal with bombers flying out of range and boats

This would hopefully make behemoths much more terrifying and effective
  • AnzacPete
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Only 2, as someboby else said about, its just a distraction to all the players.

• plain_ole_pain
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, operations the behemoth has the most impact and that's mostly on the 2 point sectors. The 3 point sectors help in bringing down the behemoth because of that one extra point. However, it is looking to me conquest has very little impact in game outcomes from what you all relate.

I have found the behemoth only noticeable game changing on only 2 conquest games and both were hardcore.

It looks as though they need to tweak the behemoths on conquest because people are either ignoring them or taking them out quickly.
  • superteds
    1182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    i could swear we had this exact thread a few days ago :sweat:

a few times, mostly operations although i had one on amiens. we were (i can't quite remember the numbers so i'm guesstimating now) a couple of hundred points behind. i spawned as train driver and kept bouncing between C/D and basically stopped the red doritos from being able to cap anything easily with the drivers mortar/arty. we ended up winning by a 50-100 pts and i got something like 40 kills in 5mins

choo mother******* choo

was helped by friendly assaults keeping the track nicely clear of tanks, and my train buddies keeping everyone else suppressed.
  • Lootch
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    in operation, if the driver can do is job properly, you can change the impact of the game very fast... the first thing the driver have to do its to destroy all the fixed Artillery Gun. Then if your team can deal with the enemy airplane, your good to go for a long run :)
  • MATT-CHEW82
    TickTak77 wrote: »

That's not at all my experience, man.

Ah. I play strictly Conquest :smile:
  • Ronin0ni
    1758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Whether you had the behemoth on your side or the opposing side. How many games can you recall where you really saw a your team or again the opposing team come back to win or make it a close game because of the impact of the behemoth.

Maybe 15% of the time?

Less than 25% probably... but it really shouldn't be higher than that TBQH. If it was a auto game flipper it'd break balance. It's just supposed to give the losing team a chance and help keep the game closer to reduce blowouts.

By even getting a behemoth, the teams are shown to be somewhat imbalanced in the first place, so unless there was a player shift (quitters and joiners) it's unlikely to actually make the team play better.

Functioning as intended.
  • superteds
    1182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin0ni wrote: »

Maybe 15% of the time?

Less than 25% probably... but it really shouldn't be higher than that TBQH. If it was a auto game flipper it'd break balance. It's just supposed to give the losing team a chance and help keep the game closer to reduce blowouts.

By even getting a behemoth, the teams are shown to be somewhat imbalanced in the first place, so unless there was a player shift (quitters and joiners) it's unlikely to actually make the team play better.

Functioning as intended.

agreed entirely. I'm not even sure i like the idea of the losing team getting an artificial help, but as it stands it helps those unlucky (not bad) teams a lot more than just flat-out terrible teams

i would like the ability to vote-kick drivers though, so so many drivers (dreadnought and train suffer the most here) just sit back and camp with their drive weapon.
  • plain_ole_pain
    Ronin0ni wrote: »

Maybe 15% of the time?

Functioning as intended.

I agree, I don't play operations as much as conquest but it does help in operations mode however, in conquest mode it seems to be just meh. Hardcore conquest it has little more impact I have found not much though.