Hackers killed our server

FrayedSew
76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
@Braddock512
We had a game night with our clan and two hackers came in (one on each side) and went nuts 200+ kills for each. People left of course, but our clan guys stuck around. They wouldn't leave until they killed the server (not enough people to start a round). We were not able to get enough people to restart the server. .. We need a lower player count start!!

I'm so angry right now!... The hackers we're running around killing people with trench periscopes and flying through the air. Kill cam would only show the trench periscope flying around above us.

Hackers have more power than admins... in that they had the power to make people leave and we cannot.

Give us Kick/Ban ability by multiple admins. This is an utter joke that such a fundamental feature doesn't exist yet!

It felt like people just came in to my house while i was having a party and trashed everything and i could only watch through a window and ultimately see my guests leave in disgust.

I could include a screen shot of the score card (but that might fall into name and shame).. and yes they have been reported... as if that does anything within the next 6 months. (Sarcasm implied)

#MakeBattleFieldGreatAgain

Comments

• ripper2323
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I agree, this is just silly at this point. When are we getting a 6 player start and kick/ban/move commands.....it's been months now......!!!!!!!!!!
  • FrayedSew
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Sorry, I probably should have choose the word "Cheater" instead of "Hacker". I'm sure these *Expletive deleted* people aren't smart enough to hack.

But it was clear their intent was to damage the community on the server and not cheat for mad skillz.

To be honest I haven't seen this kind of thing before in BF3/BF4/BFH... at least to this extent. But, I'm sure it's only going to get worse until something happens to do something about this trash that needs to be taken out.

Is there anything in particular I should be doing for these 2 particular people to ensure they get banned? (I do not have video proof) All I have is their names and the scorecard near the end of the match.
  • AcTiv_Loulouuu
    16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As if anyone at EA or Dice cares. They got your money for a server where you have no control over. Welcome to Battlefield 1 Server Rental Fail =)
    On the serious side, i get your frustration. My Clan didnt get any server in BF1 for exct that reason. We have still servers in BC2, BF3 and BF4 who work all fine
    and where you can instantly get rid of cheater scum like you had on your server. I think there is nothing else you can do beside reporting them. If they were so
    obviously cheating there is a chance Fairfight gonna ban them. Its not doing that kind of a bad job in BF1, at least a better one than in BF4.
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 2017
    my mate got recently unbanned, from false possitive perma fairfight ban. FF is everything but doing whats anticheat is supposed to do.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As if anyone at EA or Dice cares. They got your money for a server where you have no control over. Welcome to Battlefield 1 Server Rental Fail =)
    On the serious side, i get your frustration. My Clan didnt get any server in BF1 for exct that reason. We have still servers in BC2, BF3 and BF4 who work all fine
    and where you can instantly get rid of cheater scum like you had on your server. I think there is nothing else you can do beside reporting them. If they were so
    obviously cheating there is a chance Fairfight gonna ban them. Its not doing that kind of a bad job in BF1, at least a better one than in BF4.

I disagree i think it's doing a far worse job in BF1 than it did in BF4. We spun up our BF4 server because well yeah, BF1 is getting frustrationg with the smacktards on the pub servers and lack of any control in the rented ones, but we had a guy join and play for 3 min before FF banned him. Looking at the numbers he was most definitely a cheat. You dont go 45-0 in 3 min in BF4.
    The issue I see is FF compares your performance against everyone else's BF4 has a huge database of stats to compare performance against. BF1 being relatively new doesn't have as big a DB to compare against and since cheats were available in beta i'm guessing the data pool is tainted for sure which is why we need a client side solution such as BattleEye.
  • Axlerod1
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It really is hard to say, in my opinion. Part of the problem is no punkbuster searching for programs to give a player artificial skill.

Another thing is this, cheats are readily available for anyone to download for free as well as how easy it is to create another origin account. So a guy gets banned and within minutes he is back playing. One more thing is EA not willing to perma ban these guys. Don't give them a 1 week ban. Give them a permanent ban and ban their whole origin account. So what if they have to buy games all over again.

Right now there is now cost associated with cheating and getting caught. Just a 1 week temp ban. Until that changes, nothing is going to work. Well except an RSP program that is actually ran by admins that can kick and ban these scrubs.

A few days ago, my clan got back into BF4 and put our server up. I had fun and I did not have to worry about cheaters, trolls or racists.
  • FrayedSew
    @Axlerod1 I agree completely.

Our clan of 40+ people are on the brink of going back to BF4 and dumping this crap.

I think the worst part about this wasn't that they weren't just cheating, they were actively trying to damage the server in a malicious manner.
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We should just all hack to make things even again ;)

Sad thing is EA has been dragging their feet with the RSP. Their initial release was a horrible failure plus they haven't done anything in over 2 months to make it better. Re-inventing the wheel came with the cost of losing a lot of players (me included). Plus they should have at least consulted with some of the clans who have run servers for the last 10+ years instead of some **** who thinks he knows what we want..sounds like a Democrat ;) So if you were going to develop new software for anything, wouldn't you want to get feedback from people who already have experience? I sure would.

So no kick/ban for now and from what I'm hearing, not until February or March. Just pathetic EA..
  • Axlerod1
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    FrayedSew wrote: »
    @Axlerod1 I agree completely.

Our clan of 40+ people are on the brink of going back to BF4 and dumping this crap.

I think the worst part about this wasn't that they weren't just cheating, they were actively trying to damage the server in a malicious manner.

Join us on our server. It has been a lot of fun the last couple of days. It is like there is nothing to be frustrated over.
    We also have a TS server you guys can join in on. We use Teamsync so you get moved to your teams channel.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    It is like there is nothing to be frustrated over.

Except the fact that after months of BF1 I suck horribly at BF4 lol. Once I whipped out the ole GOL Mag. and 3.4 and started quick scoping it got better hahaha. Now to do something about the rocket launcher death squad hahaha.
  • NO_PLANE_4_U
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There MUST be some secret economic reason they keep dragging their feet with the KICK BAN on the rental servers!! It cannot be that difficult! I refuse to believe that it's so complicated that it can't be done... something shady is going on with this... delaying something so simple just makes no sense at all.. do they WANT cheaters to harass us? Do they WANT clans to close down? I don't understand at all...
  • CrashCA
    983 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Apparently, neither do they !
  • FrayedSew
    edited January 2017
    *NAME AND SHAME*
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • StarscreamUK
    7254 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    You cannot post videos identifying players on the forum.
  • FrayedSew

TRY #2 - Next time i'll blur the names of the scumbags in the video I post.

Our RSP server was hit again by the same scum with the only purpose was to empty it by using hacks to kill people until they decide to leave. Apparently the first time they were reported it wasn't clear enough - now I have video proof. If this takes another 6 months to act on it I'll loose my mind.

This is very frustrating and I suspect I'm not the only one with this issue!

What can i do when this happens!? Can I log a support ticket to kick them for me - even though i'd likely have to wait longer in queue than it takes for them to empty the server and thus doing the damage.

I'm so angry right now... I get that it isn't easy to implement the appropriate solution here but to effectively ignore that this is happening is absurd.

Simple solution implement kick/ban! Why are we working on passwords to servers!? Who set's the priorities around here!?

• CrashCA
    983 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Any BF1 server (rented or EA) has this issue, so back to BF4. By the time this is corrected, I fear the game will have gone the way of Battlefront.
  • NetRngr
    FrayedSew wrote: »

TRY #2 - Next time i'll blur the names of the scumbags in the video I post.

Our RSP server was hit again by the same scum with the only purpose was to empty it by using hacks to kill people until they decide to leave. Apparently the first time they were reported it wasn't clear enough - now I have video proof. If this takes another 6 months to act on it I'll loose my mind.

This is very frustrating and I suspect I'm not the only one with this issue!

What can i do when this happens!? Can I log a support ticket to kick them for me - even though i'd likely have to wait longer in queue than it takes for them to empty the server and thus doing the damage.

I'm so angry right now... I get that it isn't easy to implement the appropriate solution here but to effectively ignore that this is happening is absurd.

Simple solution implement kick/ban! Why are we working on passwords to servers!? Who set's the priorities around here!?

As stated in other threads the tools to move kick etc have existed since the events they held around launch time. How else could they move people in game between teams etc. They just haven't packaged them and given them to us because they were concentrating on fixes and the DLC map etc.
    It would take a major revelation to convince me these did not exist at that time.
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the bottom line is EA is trying to remove the option of ever having dedicated servers. If they **** us off enough then next game we won't be asking for them ;)
  • P1asma

Yeah, because they are "alleged" hackers. No matter they get headshots across the map using LMG, or can fly, or are invisible.. they are innocent until proven guilty by who again??
  • StarscreamUK
    7254 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The rules are very clear. You cannot name & shame, it doesn't matter if they ARE cheaters or you suspect they are, you cannot post anything that identifies them. Even AFTER they are banned.