Hackers killed our server

Comments

• Coyotezeye
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    LOL sorry mods but that is a joke. I get you dont want everyone that sucks at a game complaining about hackers if they just suck. But did you bother to watch the videos Frayed posted? There is no question about these alleged hackers. Its funny how fast someone on here gets censored or banned from the forums for posting a legitimate complaint. And the alleged hacker continues to play.

WE DEMAND ADMIN RIGHTS TO OUR SERVERS WE PAY FOR. GIVE US KICK/BAN OPTION NOW!!!!
  • CrashCA
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    P1asma wrote: »
    I think the bottom line is EA is trying to remove the option of ever having dedicated servers. If they **** us off enough then next game we won't be asking for them ;)

Or in my case, we won't be playing that next game. They have already convinced me to never pre order again.
  • ripper2323
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Coyotezeye wrote: »

WE DEMAND ADMIN RIGHTS TO OUR SERVERS WE PAY FOR. GIVE US KICK/BAN OPTION NOW!!!!

When are we getting kick/ban and 6 player start?? I hear crickets??

• AcTiv_Loulouuu
    16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NetRngr wrote: »
    As if anyone at EA or Dice cares. They got your money for a server where you have no control over. Welcome to Battlefield 1 Server Rental Fail =)
    On the serious side, i get your frustration. My Clan didnt get any server in BF1 for exct that reason. We have still servers in BC2, BF3 and BF4 who work all fine
    and where you can instantly get rid of cheater scum like you had on your server. I think there is nothing else you can do beside reporting them. If they were so
    obviously cheating there is a chance Fairfight gonna ban them. Its not doing that kind of a bad job in BF1, at least a better one than in BF4.

I disagree i think it's doing a far worse job in BF1 than it did in BF4. We spun up our BF4 server because well yeah, BF1 is getting frustrationg with the smacktards on the pub servers and lack of any control in the rented ones, but we had a guy join and play for 3 min before FF banned him. Looking at the numbers he was most definitely a cheat. You dont go 45-0 in 3 min in BF4.
    The issue I see is FF compares your performance against everyone else's BF4 has a huge database of stats to compare performance against. BF1 being relatively new doesn't have as big a DB to compare against and since cheats were available in beta i'm guessing the data pool is tainted for sure which is why we need a client side solution such as BattleEye.

Well i only go by my experience ingame. I have come across 5 cheaters so far in BF1. And i saw 3 of them getting banned by FF within 30 minutes.
    But i agree that the addition of PB was better, in BF4 and 3 we have streaming sites like Pbbans, GGC and ACI to help keeping the servers clean.
    Apart from PB also having flaws like false ban waves it at least had the opportunity to catch the stupid cheaters with Screenshots. But since admins
    dont have any controls over their servers anyway, what would you even do if you catch a cheater with those^^ Lets face it, for the PC Clan Community
    BF1 is a stillborn although its a very great game.
  • StarscreamUK
    7269 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Coyotezeye wrote: »
    LOL sorry mods but that is a joke. I get you dont want everyone that sucks at a game complaining about hackers if they just suck. But did you bother to watch the videos Frayed posted? There is no question about these alleged hackers. Its funny how fast someone on here gets censored or banned from the forums for posting a legitimate complaint. And the alleged hacker continues to play.

1. the forum rules are clear, it doesn't matter if they ARE cheaters or not, you cannot post anything that others to identify them
    2. I'm a forum mod, I have NOTHING to do with in game bans, if I did, there would be a lot less of them.
  • FrayedSew
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    2. I'm a forum mod, I have NOTHING to do with in game bans, if I did, there would be a lot less of them.
    @StarscreamUK
    I suspect you mean "more of them". Clearly there isn't enough going on.
    I just wish EA/DICE would throw us a bone on this as to when we can expect something for RSP for handling these kind of players.
  • StarscreamUK
    7269 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I was referring to this statement "Its funny how fast someone on here gets censored or banned from the forums for posting a legitimate complaint. And the alleged hacker continues to play."

If I could remove them, I would and there would be less cheaters about.

BUT

and it's a big but, I have not come across more than a couple of definite cheaters in my gametime. I haven't had anyone go with the absurd scores that others have, nor have I witnessed flying or invisible players. I'm either very very lucky, or they just don't do it if they see me on the server.
  • FrayedSew
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @StarscreamUK
    I have logged a lot of hours in BF3/BF4/BFH/BF1 so far and to be honest I only noticed this kind of behavior during gametime events with BF4 on basic map servers. Being so blatant is unusual but ironically looking at the group of these OBVIOUS cheaters using hacks their other games they played are more "normal". Maybe I've given way too much benefit of the doubt to suspect cheaters.

In the end I don't care too much about the cheater just trying to "git gud".. but the "I'm going to empty your server" just turns my anger up to 11. I hope EA can follow the chat logs on the server and really see what kind of scum they have ruining it for everyone.
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The rules are very clear. You cannot name & shame, it doesn't matter if they ARE cheaters or you suspect they are, you cannot post anything that identifies them. Even AFTER they are banned.

I know I know. No hurting anyone's feelings.
  • Darknae
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The rules are very clear. You cannot name & shame, it doesn't matter if they ARE cheaters or you suspect they are, you cannot post anything that identifies them. Even AFTER they are banned.

well... maybe it's the rules that are at fault?
  • FrayedSew
    Well; I can the tell the 3 individuals haven't played since I reported them.

Is there any way to tell if the bans went through?
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    P1asma wrote: »
    I think the bottom line is EA is trying to remove the option of ever having dedicated servers. If they **** us off enough then next game we won't be asking for them ;)

Or in my case, we won't be playing that next game. They have already convinced me to never pre order again.

I'm with you on that one. No more BF and EA games for me. There are already 5 guys on my team that feel that same.
  • BullDogChurchill
    62 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    "No naming and shaming"... Protecting the cheaters est. 2009

I think cheaters should get a big red bill board that gives them the credit they deserve. After all, they were probably given little to no attention as children...
  • StarscreamUK
    players banned by ea's team used to have a big red banned across their profile, I do not know if this will carry onto bf1 or not... I hope so tbh.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How about a big red Douchenozzle ?
  • FrayedSew
    edited January 2017
    players banned by ea's team used to have a big red banned across their profile, I do not know if this will carry onto bf1 or not... I hope so tbh.
    There should definitely be something we can see. It would be nice to see it on the scoreboard while playing.
    I guess that can fall into name & shame, have something like number of strikes against them.

Maybe they can do community service to remove a strike :)
  • ripper2323
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    we need kick/ban now!!
  • BullDogChurchill
    62 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dice needs to do a hot fix for the RSP admin CP
  • Axlerod1
    1372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

RSP needs more then a hotfix!
    Suppose to be updated to more of our likings by Spring DLC.
  • ripper2323
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

RSP needs more then a hotfix!
    Suppose to be updated to more of our likings by Spring DLC.

what's taking so long for 6 player start that's a simple command line fix?

as for kick/ban/move command ....it shouldn't take months to issue a command line????