Hackers killed our server

Comments

• Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem here is two fold...
    1) Once Detected... this is the core problem. They AREN'T DETECTED! EA/DICE is relying mainly on the playerbase to report these guys. Then it takes upwards of a month before they disappear.
    2) From what's been seen they get a suspension not a ban. Ones a vacation ones forever. Can you guess which is which?
    Honestly when it gets bad enough that a large portion of your PC community just doesn't bother to log on anymore you have a lot of things to work on. Personally I haven't played a round in 2 weeks and I have chat turned off as well as voip. but it seems every match I'm in has at least 1 suspect player in it now.
  • Naberius-Gage
    180 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @StarscreamUK do you get any privileged information regarding the next update. I'd like to know if something is being done.
  • ripper2323
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yeah when is the release date on kick/ban/move?
  • Fronk-Z4F
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Soon ...
  • StarscreamUK
    7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited January 2017
    @StarscreamUK do you get any privileged information regarding the next update. I'd like to know if something is being done.

dude if I could tell people stuff I would, but anything I am told outside of public channels is locked under NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) If I break that, I'm gone.
    2) From what's been seen they get a suspension not a ban. Ones a vacation ones forever. Can you guess which is which?

1 suspension then banned on bf1 iirc.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

1 suspension then banned on bf1 iirc.

Which is completely jacked up when you are talking about dealing with cheaters. I can see a warning/suspension for people abusing a glitch or a bug. For someone who outright buys a cheat program for the game in order to gain an unfair advantage over everyone else... There is absolutely no ambiguity in the intent and should be handled accordingly with a permaban.
    The reason they are doing suspensions then bans is because they can't PROVE they were cheating because someone decided that they didn't need a client side detection method which is beyond stupid IMHO.
  • BullDogChurchill
    62 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Once a cheater always a cheater!

You guys think that the "suspension" will change their minds about cheating. Haha nope. These cheaters are thick headed stupid people, they will continue to cheat until the last second before they get banned.

• FrayedSew
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Once a cheater always a cheater!

You guys think that the "suspension" will change their minds about cheating. Haha nope. These cheaters are thick headed stupid people, they will continue to cheat until the last second before they get banned.

Well, i'd like to think that's not true.

Comes down to how easily they got the BF1/cheat in the first place. If it was with their own hard earned money and they were just using the cheat to make it easier/less frustrating. They might not do it again.

But the d-bags that got Mom's/Dad's money to pay for it and will get it again likely won't change. Nor the guys who were being malicious in nature to the server. So ya in reality I suspect you're right that they won't change, but I'd like to think some people just make bad-choices in life. :)
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Only true way to stop the cheaters is perma bans. Let them blow money on a game and cheats and then lose it. Let them buy another version. Even better, put bans on their origin account. IF they get caught, ban their whole account and all games in it.
  • FrayedSew
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think a ban against Origin is not a horrible idea. At the very least show it on their origin account. A scarlet letter as it were :)
  • BullDogChurchill
    FrayedSew wrote: »
    I think a ban against Origin is not a horrible idea. At the very least show it on their origin account. A scarlet letter as it were :)

Ban them from online access to all of their games. I dont care if it is BF1942 or Titan Fall, ban em. As soon as someone cheats all trust is lost.
  • ripper2323
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    when are we getting kick/ban?
  • NetRngr
    SOON™
  • 53MT3X-11
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The rules are very clear. You cannot name & shame, it doesn't matter if they ARE cheaters or you suspect they are, you cannot post anything that identifies them. Even AFTER they are banned.

Rules are rules and you're just doing your job - I'm not having a direct dig at you or anyone person but I have to say in my opinion it's a daft rule. Only the guilty would have something to worry about and it's not like the town is going to round up a posse to go deal out some vigilante justice. Instead it has an air of "if we don't see it or talk about it it's not real or happening". I know the rules aren't up for debate. I'm not debating them. Just giving my opinion is all.
    Rules or not, people are understandably frustrated.
  • 53MT3X-11
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    P1asma wrote: »
    I think the bottom line is EA is trying to remove the option of ever having dedicated servers. If they **** us off enough then next game we won't be asking for them ;)

Or in my case, we won't be playing that next game. They have already convinced me to never pre order again.

The first battlefield I purchased was Battlefield 3 and I wasn't impressed by all the bugs that never got fixed and I swore that was my last ever purchase. Then I saw BF1 and it looked interesting. Thinking they must have fixed the same old bugs by now I purchased BF1. Guess what.
    And now they've gone and ballsed up the server program too thinking they're "making it better". Better for who? The cry babies and themselves?
    The problem with EA and DICE which will always be the problem is they listen to too many 10 year olds whining about this gun or that, complaining about this server and that and about other 10 year old badmins and unfair this and unfair that and DICE / EA listen. Funny though because they seem to go deaf when people mention genuine problems and the same bugs that pass from release to release.
    DICE says they did the server program this way for a better play environment. For who? All those kids that don't like this weapon or that weapon or don't like being kicked when they're being mor0ns?
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Better for who? in the end for the console owners, they gonna get better admin options than ever before. win win
    Just check all those vid posts on reddit, consoles. This has become a console franchize.
  • FrayedSew
    Hacker just emptied our full 64 player server again. Same story.
    This cheater emptied our server within 5 minutes. That's how toxic they are.
    ... and you know you'll never start it up again with the 20 player requirement.

I'm trying to be constructive and not just angry about it, but honestly... why do we have an RSP server !?

The battlefield franchise is suffering from people like this. We have a few people in the clan that won't even play anymore because of these guys that show up and you can't do anything about it.

I'm tired of asking about kick/ban and I get that we can't be told anything 'cause EA. But honestly this is a real problem that needs to be addressed. I don't know if waiting for another month for kick/ban ability will keep the BF1 going the way it should.

There can't be any RSP's out there; is there any chance we can beta it :)... i'd take anything right now. Heck I'd even pay a premium to get that option if that's what it meant.

Not sure if I said this before, but is there any hotline type place I can contact (as a RSP owner) when this happens?
  • BruceWillii
    706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
  • BullDogChurchill
    edited February 2017

"Next patch is only in a month :) "

... What a joke