Battlefield Companion - Next Steps

Comments

• PineappleHappens
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The news section should actually update with active and upcoming challenges. They are usually mentioned in an article that gets posted a week or two in advance, but if there is one currently running, it should show somewhere in The Companion if not also on the main game screen. I missed the last Summer mission because of this.
  • mrsneakywhiskers
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I just want a chat window to talk to friends when im not playing the main game, maybe that is just me idk, it would be nice to have a chat system integrated so i can talk to friends if im not playing the game.
  • kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The app does not match up when I change loadouts, doesn't have the service assignment thingy's change, stat tracking, etc. Don't think it was ever updated since release, it's cute to check kills or whatever but so many of the things you'd like to be able to do are simply not present - everyone hated battlelog but now they don't use the app or the battlefield site because it doesn't do anything.
  • 3mJ4y
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Please add game history with scoreboard like it was available for BF4.
  • DeadAgain210
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    More options to create emblems. Tired of tring to work with the 'general' selection. No fun at all.
  • Rise_Again23
    2 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Who has a picture of the earth on starting screen??
  • kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not sure this app has been updated since it's launch...almost a year ago.
  • Wilsee1
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The companion app is poor. To make it better;

Fix loadout customizations, can only change one loadout per class and most the time even that doesn't work.
    Community missions tracker.
    Service assignments tracker.
    Dedicated section for weapon assignments.
    Match history / previous scoreboards.
    News that is up to date and not mixed up with old news.
    Notifications of new missions and events.
    Skin gallery.

• Per_Hashisblad
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    kniphtee wrote: »
    Not sure this app has been updated since it's launch...almost a year ago.

You are correct. This thread is pointless, they are not doing anything to develop the app. There are no next steps, that's just a lie. Why didn't they just use Battlelog as a base and add BF1 in there? Battlelog had just about everything people have been wanting in the Companion.
  • KoRnTuNeS_88
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This thread a big lie, they don't care about any suggestion in this thread.
  • d3v1lzwayz
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This thread a big lie, they don't care about any suggestion in this thread.

Have to disagree folks. Why would they invoke this thread if they were not at least considering changing the app. Look at all the negative feedback generated by simply asking for suggestions.
    My suggestion is Updating the info more frequently to actually keep up with what’s going on. Change the featured videos, how about adding some random player vids from the community! Also I would like to see the bug fixed where when going from BF1 stats to BF4 stats it crashes on iPhone 6S plus!
  • UglyNoah
    1243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hate to side with the nagativity homie I have my respects for bf1

But look at the date this thread was opened and the amount of suggestions. Then look at how many updates there have been
  • kniphtee
    Well the app has not been updated roughly since it's release but have to add another note because now I cannot use the app at all as it has too many redirects and my phone will not allow it when I try to log in. Another fine point folks.
  • Satanikal
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    honestly, i rather they put more time for the game to eliminate the hackers/cheaters.
  • Braddock512
    1275 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Well the app has not been updated roughly since it's release but have to add another note because now I cannot use the app at all as it has too many redirects and my phone will not allow it when I try to log in. Another fine point folks.
    What do you mean "too many redirects"?
    The only one I can think of is if you're not logged in, it directs you to the EA Login page.

-Braddock512-
  • kniphtee
    The only one I can think of is if you're not logged in, it directs you to the EA Login page.

-Braddock512-

On Android - when you go to login it goes to this script:
    Webpage not available
    The webpage at
    https://accounts.ea.com/connect/auth?client_id=sparta-companion-web&response_type=code&display=web2%2 - the web address may go on as it runs off the screen of my phone, but back to the text - could not be loaded because: net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS - and from there it does nothing so I shut it down.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2026 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

-Braddock512-

Webpage not available
    The webpage at
    https://accounts.ea.com/connect/auth?client_id=sparta-companion-web&response_type=code&display=web2%2 - the web address may go on as it runs off the screen of my phone, but back to the text - could not be loaded because: net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS - and from there it does nothing so I shut it down.

I had that as well in July, I think it had to do with EULA changes that I needed to reapprove. Login to the web site via a regular browser after which the app should start working.
  • kniphtee

-Braddock512-

Webpage not available
    The webpage at

I had that as well in July, I think it had to do with EULA changes that I needed to reapprove. Login to the web site via a regular browser after which the app should start working.

Think I finally got it - what a bunch of hoops to jump through and thank you for the info however it didn't work but after several uninstall and reinstalls finally got one that managed to get to the login screen - geez all for a video game, should be getting paid to make the stuff function.
  • DeeShinyGoat
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    1. Ability to view detailed Battlereports and compare it to all time averages i.e. tell me that on average my SPM and KD is X on that particular map, against global X average.

2. Leaderboards i.e. tell me where exactly I stand in the rankings on a regional, national, global basis.

3. Chat option for friends
  • CaptQuint6
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Get rid of platoons all together, complete waste of time....good ideals behind it, but I would put more effort into fixing bugs and an anti cheating system