This Week in Battlefield V

Battlefield Companion - Next Steps

Comments

• Black-Jack0331
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A way to be able to track community events would be a nice addition to the companion.
  • Thugben
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    Platoons & Leaderboards

Edit: And plz fix the loadout reset bug
  • ODg4mer
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thugben wrote: »
    Platoons & Leaderboards

Edit: And plz fix the loadout reset bug

This. Networking to find other good players was one of the best parts of the last Battlefields. Now I can't do that except for on the off chance I meet someone in a particular match
  • InfidelFireman
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would like to have the ability to change my skins and the ability to change vehicle load outs. As said before also I would like to see battle reports come back. Quit showing me medals I've already achieved[/

Never mind about my comment about changing my weapons skins....found out you can do already.

Add commander mode
  • imdun-dealit
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Baiting and or phishing for ideas, pffft whatever.
    You could always revamp the main landing page for your games.
    Add an interface that would allow the user the ability to block out the bad/crap servers (e.g. the ones with the badmins) so we dont have to keep looking at them.
    Could name a few but wont.
    Link the webpage to your cell phone so that a player can quick join another server add friends to the game invite more players to the server. Have the apps ability to call your buddies up randomly at free will. Besides everyone well almost everyone enjoy stuff for free, personally could do without all these Free handouts but whatever ..

E.g. your landing page for BF anything is old and really out dated.

Ah crap ya already dun these stupid ideas with the now page.
  • wilroccz
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1. Fixing loadout reset bug
    2. adding platoons
    3. ability to look at other players
    4. mission tracker, it annoying a lot that i dont know if i completed a mission
    5. battle reports
  • olavafar
    1959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OK came in late so I have not read the above so this may be a repeat...
    (I also skip the things that does not work at all like changing loadout and so on, assuming pure bugs will just be fixed.)

1. Progress on all classes (pilot, tanker and cavalry is missing). [Is this cheating as it is really 3 points?]
    2. Current weekly medals, preferably with progress status.
    3. Battle reports.
    4. Stats on the weapons used in vehicles.
    5. Possibility to change weapon loadout for the vehicle classes.

6. Skin management. (Ok I did it!! 6 items on a top 5 list, so feel free to discard this one...)

So 5 out of those 6 already exist in-game but is actually things I as a PC player do not need in-game but rather would browse outside of the game.
  • Crazybaker49085
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Id like to be able to use the app with bf 4...currently the app says coming soon for bf 4, when i know people who use it already with bf4...any suggestions? support wasnt very helpful
  • luisd_fvp274
    1 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A tracker for comunnity missions and maybe that users could open it inside the game.
  • steven-eserin
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ability to change vehicle skins in Battle log, I cant find a way to do that on BL at the mo, and its time consuming in game.
  • Vicb0u
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MhmoM_V8 wrote: »
    The classes need to be fixed and also whe there's no arabic language in the app :)

Can you expound on "the classes need to be fixed"?
    What do you mean, exactly? (Just so we're on the same page).
    -Braddock512-

Pretty sure he just meant to fix the bug that resets your loadout in-game when using the companion.

Anyway, here's my list. Unlike most players here, platoons for me is unnecessary seeing as I now play on PS4, which already has its own Community-system that works just as well. So maybe platoons could remain a PC-only feature. On with the list:

- Leaderboards, global and country-specific
    - Chat, to be able to communicate with friends on the go, and create groups
    - Stats, expand the current system to give us more detailed and fun stats
    - Battle reports, share with friends or find players that you enjoyed playing with, expand the social aspect
    - Last but certainly not least, rather the most important according to me and my closest friends (hence being very detailed):
    Revamp the dogtag system. It was great in Battlefield 3 and even though pointless to some, it felt like meaningful. We were such a large community whose goal was to "collect them all", either by unlocking them or knifing them. There was a list to fill, and what made it exciting was that you could not actually see what the dogtag looked like before you had unlocked/knifed it. It's something minor that would certainly add to the progression-system.

Although the new dogtags don't look quite as appealing, they could have a revamp to address that. An easy fix would be that a golden dogtag was actually not as common, for instance it could be aquired by getting 500 kills with a weapon. Rare dogtags like the closed alpha mission dogtag could have that grayish(or black, I'm slightly colorblind so hard to tell) that the Dice dogtags or the "I was there" dogtag have, to be the highest tier of rarity. Yes, tiers of rarity based on color makes sense. Bronze, silver, gold and gray. Black for premium.

Seeing someone wear a rare dogtag was exciting and got the hunt going (there's a story where I actually met and dated a girl for a while just because I knifed her Bad Kitty dogtag back in BF3) and the goal to either knife or unlock those extremely rare golden 100 service star dogtags for all classes and vehicles was the most fun we had in Battlefield. Which brings me to the next point: being able to correctly see how many dogtags of each you've knifed, as well as who the last player you got it from was. This is an important aspect of the whole collecting part, as it helps finding certain dogtags in the community and seeing which ones are more common/rare etc.

Please implement these features into the companion app and mirror them in-game as well, and I'd be more than pleased. I've done a lot for this game (I created the most active, fastest growing and largest Swedish Battlefield community on Playstation 4 as well as attended several playtests at the Dice office in Stockholm) and would greatly appreciate the dogtag systems return for Battlefield 1.

That's all I had, thanks.

• Jaskaman
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    1) Battlereports (similar as battlelog had) and able to share them.
    2) Platoons (member list) + leaderboards
    3) Clan server location and favourite servers info
    4) Showing clearly server name where friend is playing (for the future when there is more clan servers).
    5) Detailed stats (inf kd/vehicle kd), more gun statistics.
    Basicly functionality of Battlelog (including chat) including functions of this ingame similar to Battlelog ingame :)
  • banger162nd
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    uploading your own icons. because some are very basic which could be share to companion

*medic kits : show us how many we distributed
    *ammo kits : shows us how many we distributed
    * bombs dropped
    * flares
    * pouches
    Post edited by banger162nd on
  • BANANAKING_78
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The new french operathor how many granate have ? #BF1
  • S5gamerA
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'd love to see the ability to edit soldier kits for vehicles. I can select what vehicle class I want, already a step up from the game, but cannot find anywhere to choose a new weapon for any vehicle pilots, whether plane or tank. Thanks!
  • TheSalt
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The most obvious and useful Battlelog is being able to set up a match with other players to a particular server. Set up time, number rounds, maps, player count, and start from Battlelogs. There must be a battle report generated for prosperity
  • Chris_Arum
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi.

Is it possible to add a chat function for console players via Battelfield Companion? That way we can send messages in-game like PC players. This might help with communication among players.

Just an idea.

Thank you for your time.
  • taylord012000
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1. Load-outs created in Companion reflect in the game. Right now if I set a load-out and then I go play on PS4, my load-out is set to the default when I first started playing the game.
    2. More in-depth stats.
    3. Allow us to pick medals we want to accomplish
    4. Allow emblems from BF4 Platoons
    5. Leaderboards
  • RanzigeRidder2
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1. Battlereports, to share with friends, set as favourite, and lookup other players you met in-game
    2. Change load-outs for Tanker, Pilot and Cavalry class and track their progress
    3. Change vehicle load-out and skins
    4. Multi comparisson of friends stats
  • JamesBondhalo4
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'd like to see much more emblem shapes and be able to rotate the emblem in companions