There is too much aim assist in this Battlefield

ILoveBF2Fin
486 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Been wanting to make a topic about this for a while, but didn't bother making clips about it. And you do wanna make clips so it's easier to get the point across. So I used AMD's recording software that came with their drivers (Raptr's PlaysTV I think it's called) and played 2, just 2 games and I already got these clips to show how broken the aim assist is. Sorry it's not all compiled into one youtube video, I was too lazy to do that lol (btw it defaults to 720p so if you wanna watch it in 1080 you have to switch it every time, nothing I can do about it soz)

Clip #1:
http://plays.tv/video/58815736052d219e7e/broken-aim-assist-1
The first clip shows you how easily it snaps onto targets even in very close quarters.

Clip #2:
http://plays.tv/video/588157900cf8159979/broken-aim-assist-2
The second one shows how easily it can snap onto targets even from longer ranges.

Clip #3:
http://plays.tv/video/5881580aba52200775/broken-aim-assist-3
Nothing too special about this one, but does show, again, the snapping in full action.

Clip #4:
http://plays.tv/video/5881583f1412e6d369/broken-aim-assist-4
This one here shows that yes, it does not work so well against a moving target. It still can though, as the second to last guy I shot was moving and I was still able to land a shot on him by relying completely on aim assist.

Clip #5:
http://plays.tv/video/588158da45c14ad22e/broken-aim-assist-5
Again, demonstrates the ranges from which you can completely rely on aim assist and just "quickscope".

Clip #6:
http://plays.tv/video/5881599af260455870/broken-aim-assist-6
Wanted to save this for last, a perfect example of the aim assist. Snaps onto targets from all sorts of ranges, getting kills left and right without any aiming required.

My opinion on this:
Yes, I could probably pull off some of these shots with just my aim, especially given I play on PC (therefore, M&KB). But that's not the point. The point is how little skill it requires to do this. All the shots in these clips required zero skill. None. I just hit the aim button in the general direction of a guy, aim assist snaps on, I pull the trigger, I get kills, happy days! Aim assist is doing all the work here, that is the problem here. Any pleb could do similar clips, and mind you, I recorded these in just 2 games! Give me a whole weekend to work with and I could make tens and tens of these sort of killfeeds using this broken aim assist.

Solution in my opinion: well first off, this bullcrap should not work on any bolt action rifle, period.
Second, it should "snap" only in CQC ranges, ie 30m max. In these clips, you can see it snapping on from ranges where rifles like the SMLE do OHK's, you can completely rely on the aim assist from the sweet spot range for god sakes!
Lastly, the "strength" of the aim assist needs to be toned down way more in general. Make it like the earlier BF games.

For the record, I have played every BF game that was available on the 360, starting all the way from BF2 MC. Never before have I seen an aim assist system so broken in a BF game. So no, I'm not a "pc elitist" that whines because the "console plebs" get aim assist, this is coming from someone with thousands of hours played on consoles on BF games. Check out the GT "Pibugo" on BF3stats, got like 2000 hours on that game alone. So yes I do have personal experience on the matter. I just wanted to say that before someone pulls the "you are a PC gamer you don't understand" card.

Comments

• ronybaloney
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wow.

All I can say is I WISH aim assist would work for me. I try and try but I just can't get the hang of it. Yes I suck, but I can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Now I know who's single-shotting me from miles away!!

:/
  • MrBluePlaydoh
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Your saying how they should not make it as bad, how about get rid! There should be no assist in any FPS game ffs
  • ILoveBF2Fin
    Wow.

All I can say is I WISH aim assist would work for me. I try and try but I just can't get the hang of it. Yes I suck, but I can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Now I know who's single-shotting me from miles away!!

:/

Try the Gewehr M.95 or SMLE MKIII, both infantry versions. Don't try to snipe as you normally would, instead just "L-Tap" ie spam the aim button. Trust me, you'll get results.
    Your saying how they should not make it as bad, how about get rid! There should be no assist in any FPS game ffs

I do agree, it would be better if NO ONE had aim assist. But being realistic, it's here to stay. I didn't have a problem with it in earlier games, but in this particular one, there is way too much of it.
  • FX_TexasHammer
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    So let me hear this right. These videos are PC videos? and you use mouse and keyboard?
  • brancher12
    278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You should try playing on the PS4 then. It does not work at all since the patch, everything is glitched.
  • ILoveBF2Fin
    edited January 2017
    So let me hear this right. These videos are PC videos? and you use mouse and keyboard?

They are PC videos, yes. However I'm not using a mouse and keyboard in these clips. I'm using my xbox one controller. On PC, if you switch to a controller, you get aim assist as if you were playing on a console.
  • MrBluePlaydoh
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You can tell he is using a controller just by watching the video and the way he turns around.

You may not beable to tell as you play on a console but any PC gamer can see he was using a controller
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So is the PC version much different with the damage on the SMLE than on console? I ask because I do the same quick scoping you do and usually hit my targets but it's extremely rare for me to hit them for 100 and you pretty much hit them all for 100. I wonder if I am doing something wrong. Do you set your zero distance? Or do you leave it at default.

Yes I know consoles got an AA nerf but that wouldn't make a difference in how much I hit the targets for.

I guess I will load it up on PC and try with a controller to see for myself. Haven't played on PC for months.
  • ILoveBF2Fin
    So is the PC version much different with the damage on the SMLE than on console? I ask because I do the same quick scoping you do and usually hit my targets but it's extremely rare for me to hit them for 100 and you pretty much hit them all for 100. I wonder if I am doing something wrong. Do you set your zero distance? Or do you leave it at default.

Yes I know consoles got an AA nerf but that wouldn't make a difference in how much I hit the targets for.

I guess I will load it up on PC and try with a controller to see for myself. Haven't played on PC for months.

This was a standard issue rifle server with 200% weapon damage on.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is a built in aimbot or almost. I will not speak for consoles, but for PC, it should not be a thing to allow controller users the use of "aimbots" like that.

Casualfield 1.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

This was a standard issue rifle server with 200% weapon damage on.

Ah, ok that explains a lot. Think I'm going to load up an SiR server and have some fun. DO you usually mess around with the zero distance, or just leave it on default?
  • ROTCrazytrain1
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, CTE Member
    wow this makes me sick,what has gaming come too?
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've abused this sometimes.

Like when I know there's someone around the corner, I just pre-aim my crosshairs in their general location, then ADS quickly as I round the corner and fire. Always gets me the kill and I never even see the enemy.
  • FORSAKEN_ESF
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I totally agree with you =)
  • KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nice job making these clips. Spare us console players who have rotation disabled a tought.

Aimbot in FPS game by standard. casual players dont know about it and better players abuse it all they can.
  • Giliaaannn
    1162 postsMember Member
    Don't you need to have your crosshair on them before you aim down sights before you can 'snap' onto them? People call this aimbot because they want to sound cool but if your aim sucks and you are not already aiming at someone before aiming down sights it literally does nothing. If there was no aim assist you would probably still kill most of these enemies in your videos by snapping onto them.
    I've also died many times because of aim assist. I would aim at someone I want to kill and then another enemy runs past and it tracks that enemy. Also plenty of times when aim assist doesn't activate and my aim is all over the place.
    I am not entirely sure how it works and I don't really care. And if your aim is already good enough to "abuse" it then good for you. In 350 hours I have yet to see someone abuse it and annoy me with it.
  • Giliaaannn
    1162 postsMember Member
    edited January 2017
    It's just stupid that when you play with a controller on PC you get aim assist... There is aim assist on consoles because it makes it more fun to play especially for new players.
  • SCOTTISH21
    621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Some of the types of weapons have it far too strong. I don't have the snap to aiming with my weapon but the rifles I used in the past were a joke for it. Martini Henry etc.
  • 53MT3X-11
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Creasie wrote: »
    It's just stupid that when you play with a controller on PC you get aim assist... There is aim assist on consoles because it makes it more fun to play especially for new players.

^^ This. Then you get shot and killed through a thick veil of smoke and gas with two hits. F***ing aimbots.
    Controllers should be banned or aim assist removed. It offers a bad advantage.