There is too much aim assist in this Battlefield

Comments

• Giliaaannn
    1162 postsMember Member
    SCOTTISH21 wrote: »
    Some of the types of weapons have it far too strong. I don't have the snap to aiming with my weapon but the rifles I used in the past were a joke for it. Martini Henry etc.

I agree before they fixed the MH and aim assist I had some very questionable kills snapping onto enemies. Kills that surprised me. But not anymore.
  • HerakIinos
    278 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    53MT3X-11 wrote: »
    Creasie wrote: »
    It's just stupid that when you play with a controller on PC you get aim assist... There is aim assist on consoles because it makes it more fun to play especially for new players.

^^ This. Then you get shot and killed through a thick veil of smoke and gas with two hits. F***ing aimbots.
    Controllers should be banned or aim assist removed. It offers a bad advantage.

I dont thinks its because of aim assist. You can spot enemies through gas, smoke, and fog. Then you just need to shoot at the icon direction.
  • Libertine79
    101 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    aim assist = console crutch
  • KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's just stupid that when you play with a controller on PC you get aim assist... There is aim assist on consoles because it makes it more fun to play especially for new players.

^^ This. Then you get shot and killed through a thick veil of smoke and gas with two hits. F***ing aimbots.

LOL this is new. Pc player says that controllers should be banned on pc.

I tought it was that kbm should be banned on consoles.

Auto rotation needs to go tho. Or atleast they should make servers without autorotate easyer to be found on consoles.

Fix the server browser.
    Make servers without aa shown on regular search.
    Fix the server rentals.
  • ColonScoper
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I tried playing Back to Basics on Ps4 and yeah the snap to target is outrageous and makes it stupid. People aren't hitting shots like that with scopes rifles let alone iron sights. Sadly I don't think it's going to be remedied at all. The first time I played the game you could feel how strong the snap is. Stronger than any other game I've ever played.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    KakeHC wrote: »

When the aim assist is so strong that it becomes a glorified aimbot like we have in bf1, yeah it should be banned. It allows you to snap to targets you probably never even saw, would fail to lead/hit as he's running or that could be behind a smoke wall (which removes spotting, so it's not like you could aim at the dorito). When it gives you an advantage, it becomes an exploit. May as well give aim (bot) assist to the M&K users as well, but every self-respecting FPS player would cringe at the idea.
  • ZumbiSnatch
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As much as we would love to see it happen it won't this type of aim assist is user friendly allowing new players to cross over from whatever they came from and enjoy the game. Can you imagine if snap to target wasn't in the game how horrible bad players that still can't aim with it on would be, you would kill the player base.
  • 53MT3X-11
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    KakeHC wrote: »

No no, not ban controllers on PC altogether - just this game and others where one input controller give advantage over another.
    I've watched the YouTube videos that highlight just how much of a part it plays in giving you a hit and it's not good.
    And then when they're firing through fog and smoke as well and get hit after hit it's silly. If I fire at a stationary enemy through the fog where I can only see their spot icon above their head using my KBM I'll get the odd hit due to spread, recoil etc. They don't. They get hit after hit even if I'm moving about. One form of control should not offer advantage over another.
    There never has been and never will be any contest between Keyboard / Mouse and a Controller on a PC with FPS. The KBM wins every time and it must be obvious to the developers if they build in an aimbot crutch for controller users. It's nasty and has no place in PC games.
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah I turned mine off after I killed about 10 guys I never even saw through a smoke grenade by just tapping L and shooting. It really is a weak aimbot. I've used aimbots too a long time ago on cod4 when the servers went into disarray, this aim assist is just as bad, except without the range of an actual aimbot. The snap to is almost the exact same, you can even snap to targets behind walls.
  • monster_thingy4
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you want to use a controller with auto-aim, get a console and go play with the other pew-pew kiddies. PC gaming is mouse and keyboard, and always will be.
  • Petedawg508
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    apparently I'm doing something wrong cause I can't aim for ****!
  • MonkishOnion
    354 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aim assist is here to stay when it comes to playing in public servers with randoms. You can claim it's abused by some players and gives other players advantages, but the thing is, this isn't some pro sport. It can be played by anyone.

Anything can be "abused" by players once they understand how it works.

You know what else gives players huge advantages? Map knowledge.

My daughter plays BF1 with me, she will go like 2-16 still laughing and having fun. And guess what, she is using aim assist. So even with that she still gets her butt handed to her.

Sometimes you die in a war game. Get over it.

• KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aim assist is here to stay when it comes to playing in public servers with randoms. You can claim it's abused by some players and gives other players advantages, but the thing is, this isn't some pro sport. It can be played by anyone.

Anything can be "abused" by players once they understand how it works.

You know what else gives players huge advantages? Map knowledge.

My daughter plays BF1 with me, she will go like 2-16 still laughing and having fun. And guess what, she is using aim assist. So even with that she still gets her butt handed to her.

Sometimes you die in a war game. Get over it.

Try to let her play only with slowdown on. (Autorotate disabled) Autorotate can mess your aim if you dont know how it works.
  • Green_eyed_medic
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yea aim assist is too strong, I use the M .95 and I can feel it this time...that shouldn't be happening. My accuracy is 52% on it...
  • cammoses003
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    aim assist should be removed for players with a certain amount of experience & time put into the game, even this is pretty much impossible to do equally seeing as everyone learns & improves at different rates. if you think they'd overall take it out of the game you're crazy, that'd be career suicide for battlefield. a noobie who's brand new to shooters has every right to have aim assist against me, ill still outplay em 99% of the time. with or without aim assist a good player is still a good player. you take the #1 player on the leaderboards for skill and put on aim assist, does that make him an unskilled player? no, it gives him an advantage.
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A lot of people agree, and are patiently waiting on Dice/EA to resolve this issue. It's obvious that they no longer care about the veteran players. They were attempting to appease the new players (noobs) by making it as easy as possible to pick up and play, so they could grow a larger audience. Behemoths, Aim Assist, Kill Assist, etc.. These are noob features. I don't have a problem with them implementing these features in for new players, but treat the veteran players who made this franchise what it is with some respect. Aim assist is turned on by default? What a joke. We need servers without this stuff. Ranked servers. Something.
  • Snazzy_Snafu_OG
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you really only rely on aim assist, you will get killed a lot. It snaps on to your enemy, but if he is moving, it will always end up very close behind the target. I don't really have a problem with it, everyone uses it so everyone has the same advantage.
  • cammoses003
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They were attempting to appease the new players (noobs) by making it as easy as possible to pick up and play, so they could grow a larger audience. Behemoths, Aim Assist, Kill Assist, etc.. These are noob features.

so what the devs shouldn't aim to appease new players and grow a larger audience..? unfortunately that isn't going to happen by making a game that veterans are going to run around effortlessly melting noobs because they've got 10 years experience on the series.. doesn't work that way.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    PC's do not need aim assist. It should only be a console thing and blocked on the pc versions.
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They were attempting to appease the new players (noobs) by making it as easy as possible to pick up and play, so they could grow a larger audience. Behemoths, Aim Assist, Kill Assist, etc.. These are noob features.

so what the devs shouldn't aim to appease new players and grow a larger audience..? unfortunately that isn't going to happen by making a game that veterans are going to run around effortlessly melting noobs because they've got 10 years experience on the series.. doesn't work that way.

I'll let you read the entire post again. That way you don't single out one sentence and ignore my suggestion.