There is too much aim assist in this Battlefield

Comments

• ILoveBF2Fin
    486 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    Just to clarify: I never said they should completely remove aim assist. I suggested it should be completely removed from bolt action rifles plus its range and its strength reduced. This is so that people can't abuse the **** out of the completely broken aimbot quickscope system they currently have going on. A lot of games with aim assist do this, they remove aim assist from sniper rifles because it's common sense.
    If you want to use a controller with auto-aim, get a console and go play with the other pew-pew kiddies. PC gaming is mouse and keyboard, and always will be.

I don't know if this was directed at me, but I do use M&KB when I play Battlefield. I used a controller here to test what a lot of people have been complaining about (the aim assist being too strong). Also I disagree, when it comes to FPS games, I personally prefer a controller for co-op and singleplayer games. I don't see why PC games should be limited to M&KB as that's one of the perks of playing on PC, you can choose whichever controller (or M&KB) you want to use and I certainly wouldn't bash anyone for using a controller.

• cammoses003
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I'll let you read the entire post again. That way you don't single out one sentence and ignore my suggestion.

oh believe me brother I've read it ..
  • TG_JAZZY
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree the distance it still works is ridiculous
  • KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aim assist is not going away. BUT we need easy acces to servers without it and it would be good.

On Bf 4 when you disabled aim assist on your server it was almost imbossible to be found.

What we have now is broken server browser.
    Broken server rentals on beta.

• ILoveBF2Fin
    If you really only rely on aim assist, you will get killed a lot. It snaps on to your enemy, but if he is moving, it will always end up very close behind the target. I don't really have a problem with it, everyone uses it so everyone has the same advantage.

Hmmmmmmmm I dunno man. During my testing I was relying very heavily on just aim assist. Didn't recall once dying due to the aim assist. I did get lotsa kills thanks to it though!

Also everyone definitely doesn't have the same advantage. The current aim assist system is very broken, but mainly with iron sight bolt action rifles. This means that a scout player abusing the mini aimbot has a very distinctive advantage over any other weapon type at medium-long distances. Then there is also the issue of a PC player abusing it.

But even then, suppose no one had an advantage. Why would that matter? This aim assist system is clearly very flawed as it is, that means we should just live with it? Should DICE have never fixed the glitched frag rounds or the glitched M26 dart in BF3 just because everyone could use them? When something is broken, you should aim to fix it. Aim assist in BF1 is broken and they should aim to fix it.
  • MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm fine with the aim-assist being pretty strong. I keep it off because the "pull" annoys me more than anything, but the few times I think it has resulted in an enemy dropping me like that don't bother me much. If you keep moving, it's pretty rare to be affected.

I want noobs and bad players to have a good experience. You can tell by the scoreboard every game that even with crutches, there are plenty of hapless players out there floundering. So what if they get the occasional boost? There's no money on the line. Let them feel strong every once in awhile and the remaining 95% of the time you can abuse them.

Elitist nonsense about "skill" is a prime factor in creating toxic environments.
  • Mike_V1987
    597 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    It's never going to go away, but I totally agree it should be gone. There are people on here who will defend it to the death though.

I got into a thread like this a couple weeks back and one person on here even compared getting rid of AA to getting rid of your sound card or running a bad resolution or some nonsense. It's an assist through and through, just like traction control, race line, etc in a racing game.
  • Tee_Doff2369
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have auto-rotation off and have from day one, however my gun will still pull to targets when not ADS.

I still like the idea of removing it from all players once they hit X rank or X hours played.
  • bmxmitch1
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cant they just make a custom game mode with no aim assist at all?
    I always hated it, but I know they never would cut out this feature. Gotta hold on to those casuals....
  • KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bmxmitch1 wrote: »
    Cant they just make a custom game mode with no aim assist at all?
    I always hated it, but I know they never would cut out this feature. Gotta hold on to those casuals....

Yup we need easy acces to servers without autorotate.
  • Kaabob42
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, I've never seen it in action, that's beyond terrible.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can't believe a DICE dev can admit console netcode is not working well enough, but no one will comment on the negative attitude around their assist implementation. That is not to say having no assist is the answer at all, simply that the auto-rotation behaves like a tiny aimbot.

It's a shame ignoring one poorly implemented assist "feature" can cause such persistent and pervasive changes to the overall experience. The rotational assist is an assist that can be abused with practice, and is non-intuitive for unskilled players to properly utilize, that's not right, especially in a multiplayer environment.

I'm starting to feel like we are wasting our breath, the only thing DICE have done is BUFF the rotational assist (and fix the trigger spamming, which destroyed the skillgap on console bf4 if anyone recalls). DICE will comment and engage in conversation about everything but the stinking Rotational Aim Assist. Ridiculous.

Can't we try something that doesn't act like an AIMBOT????? We have a much better aiming assist model with the slowdown! Maybe tweak the tracking behavior that works in conjunction with player analog input, using an adjusted version of the (currently invisible) motion assist instead of the rotational assist (the one that aims for you at the press of a button) would be a much better option.

@FancySquirrel @jjju
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I'll let you read the entire post again. That way you don't single out one sentence and ignore my suggestion.

Ok, so what's your argument?
  • sparky2172
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The snap aim definitely feels like it's too much, if they're running right at you and you're close it does the aiming almost.

The slowdown will never go away but the snapping should be worked on, thankfully they let us turn it off because it's a major hindrance if you actually try to aim for yourself.

But if you're new or don't play mich it does help those players a lot, specifically if they played super casually (like 0-20 hours in a month maybe)
  • cammoses003
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

i don't have an argument.

you saying they don't care about veteran players and don't treat them with respect is pretty damn false, thats all..
  • PaintedFanatic
    702 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you want to use a controller with auto-aim, get a console and go play with the other pew-pew kiddies. PC gaming is mouse and keyboard, and always will be.

Man I wish I were as cool as you. And as GOOD as you. I bet you have a 4.0 k/D. I mean if you're on a PC you HAVE to be the most AMAZING player, playing with the most ELITE players. Please tell me more oh mighty PC sir.
  • PaintedFanatic
    702 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A lot of people agree, and are patiently waiting on Dice/EA to resolve this issue. It's obvious that they no longer care about the veteran players. They were attempting to appease the new players (noobs) by making it as easy as possible to pick up and play, so they could grow a larger audience. Behemoths, Aim Assist, Kill Assist, etc.. These are noob features. I don't have a problem with them implementing these features in for new players, but treat the veteran players who made this franchise what it is with some respect. Aim assist is turned on by default? What a joke. We need servers without this stuff. Ranked servers. Something.

I would LOVE to see some ranked servers
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

you saying they don't care about veteran players and don't treat them with respect is pretty damn false, thats all..

I'm saying they care more about their profit than making sure the veteran players are happy. People paid money for rented servers and have gotten nothing. And we're all forced to play by these new "noob" rules. Kids are dropping to prone to shoot, strafing side to side like jackasses, quick scoping with an aim bot, etc. Sorry, we are just going to disagree on what their priorities are.
  • KakeHC
    edited January 2017

People paid money for rented servers and have gotten nothing. quick scoping with an aim bot.

I edited your comment to make sense.

Platoons
    Rent a server
    Server browser ( this is a mess right now)
    Quit button

What we need is are custom games easy to be found. Especially servers without autorotation. Servers with an actual names/admins to be added on favourites. This official quick match poop is destroying the game right now.
  • ILoveBF2Fin
    MarkFury67 wrote: »
    I'm fine with the aim-assist being pretty strong.

Why, what was wrong with the aim assist systems of the last 6 Battlefield games on consoles? You can have aim assist that helps out new players without it being completely broken as it is right now.
    MarkFury67 wrote: »
    Elitist nonsense about "skill" is a prime factor in creating toxic environments.

Wait what? Asking for a better skillgap on something is now elitism?? Asking for them to tone down a feature that is very broken and can be badly abused by players is elitism? Ok then