There is too much aim assist in this Battlefield

Comments

• ProLegion_exor
    3543 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aim assist should only be for new players. After 20 hours of playtime it should not be an option anymore.
  • mexicanmethed
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played BF3 last night over backwards compat and yeah it was then I realised just how much stronger aim assist is in BF1. It really is much more noticeable. I will never not use it though even being a highly experienced player because the thought of someone else having that advantage over me if I don't use it kinda irks me a little(alot). Slightly off topic .... don't know how I ever played Battlefield on last gen consoles. What a jaggy mess .... could barely distinguish opponents.
  • Decado_Killer
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    now that sony has the tac pro aim assist doesn't belong on console's anymore and turn up sensitivity on controller if you want to aim faster than aa.
  • 53MT3X-11
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm convinced that half the time (if not all of it) I'm getting shot at and killed from all the way across large maps in the fog that it's aim assisted. Pew Pew snap snap assist assist.
    There's no way they're seeing my player. They're probably seeing my marker where I've been spotted but not me and how they get so many accurate hits is just unnatural. p155es me off. Point, shoot, win. No accuracy required.
    Makes a mockery of how they complain about aim bots and cheats in this game.
    They breed the hate in this game themselves half of the time.
  • mexicanmethed
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I do this all the time it's called spotting. Then just aim a little down from the marker and chances are you're gonna get a headshot.
  • e-Sparta_Rambo
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sick and tired of aim assist on consoles. Just the other day I rented the server on bf4, set it to domination with auto rotation off, people joined in, died few times and left and we ended up with internal clan scrimmage. Back in 2010 when BC2 was in its glory there was no aim assist, just the slow down which doesnt snap. Servers where always full on ps3 and everyone had fun playing game. So with release of bf3 dice added snap snap aim assist and made it stronger ever since. I am still playing with original ds4 as I dont agree with mnk for console unless new gen consoles will offer mnk as standard. If I can aim with my thumbs and maintain 19-21% accuracy with extreme sensitvities I am sure those noobs with default sensitivies are able to aim too.

Remove the aim assist from consoles !
  • MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MarkFury67 wrote: »
    I'm fine with the aim-assist being pretty strong.

Why, what was wrong with the aim assist systems of the last 6 Battlefield games on consoles? You can have aim assist that helps out new players without it being completely broken as it is right now.
    Elitist nonsense about "skill" is a prime factor in creating toxic environments.

Wait what? Asking for a better skillgap on something is now elitism?? Asking for them to tone down a feature that is very broken and can be badly abused by players is elitism? Ok then

What you're asking for is the literal definition of elitism.

I don't agree with your opinion that the feature is so badly broken or abused that it affects gameplay in the slightest. I tend to perrorm about the same (actually, better) in this iteration of BF as in previous ones and I have aim-assist off and am playing against most players with it on. There are still plenty of bad players that even WITH this "broken feature" still can't hit a glowing red target in front of them. So it doesn't bother me. I've yet to run across a single player on my console that I could tell was abusing it.

It's simply a non-factor.

• SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm fine with the aim-assist being pretty strong.

Why, what was wrong with the aim assist systems of the last 6 Battlefield games on consoles? You can have aim assist that helps out new players without it being completely broken as it is right now.
    Elitist nonsense about "skill" is a prime factor in creating toxic environments.

Wait what? Asking for a better skillgap on something is now elitism?? Asking for them to tone down a feature that is very broken and can be badly abused by players is elitism? Ok then

What you're asking for is the literal definition of elitism.

I don't agree with your opinion that the feature is so badly broken or abused that it affects gameplay in the slightest. I tend to perrorm about the same (actually, better) in this iteration of BF as in previous ones and I have aim-assist off and am playing against most players with it on. There are still plenty of bad players that even WITH this "broken feature" still can't hit a glowing red target in front of them. So it doesn't bother me. I've yet to run across a single player on my console that I could tell was abusing it.

It's simply a non-factor.

It definitely affects gameplay. I don't know how anyone could say that it doesn't. At distance, it auto locks on targets. If it only pulled the trigger for you too, we'd really have something.

The weird thing is I have it off, yet it stull pulls my aim towards people. Just yesterday I tried tossing a grenade in a window, but my aim was pulled by the guy inside moving away from it. Grenade bounced off the wall and almost killed me. So yes, it's broken.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Requesting a fair aim assist=\=elitism.

Assuming there is no issue because you can't tell=Arrogance
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    I don't play this game on console or with a controller on PC, but I have played plenty of other FPS games on console. Snap-to aim assist when you activate ADS shouldn't exist in any game imo. I'm fine with that sticky slow down effect you get when dragging your crosshair across an enemy, but the snap-to aim assist is no-skill nonsense. You should still have to aim for yourself, the game shouldn't do all the work for you.

If they're not going to remove that part of the AA (which I'm sure they won't), then they definitely need to make a private server option to completely disable it for all players on that server. There's no issue with them doing that. Players who like their snap-to aim assist could still play on the DICE default servers.
  • KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I don't play this game on console or with a controller on PC, but I have played plenty of other FPS games on console. Snap-to aim assist when you activate ADS shouldn't exist in any game imo. I'm fine with that sticky slow down effect you get when dragging your crosshair across an enemy, but the snap-to aim assist is no-skill nonsense. You should still have to aim for yourself, the game shouldn't do all the work for you.

If they're not going to remove that part of the AA (which I'm sure they won't), then they definitely need to make a private server option to completely disable it for all players on that server. There's no issue with them doing that. Players who like their snap-to aim assist could still play on the DICE default servers.

Yes. And make those servers without autorotation easy to find instead of what it was on bf4 imbossible to find. There should be an easy x on normal searching for servers without it or servers with it.

Also slowdown is doing weird stunts and moving on its own when server or the players you aim are laggy.
  • MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The aim assist is fair. It applies to everyone that wishes to use it. Asking for a greater skillgap is the elitist part. Your inability to comprehend that = illiteracy

There is not an issue because it isn't affecting the results. Players that were terrible in the last iteration are not suddenly competitive in this one. It's no issue because you can turn it off and choose not to use it. The times that it actually factors into your deaths is very likely minimal and unproven.

• SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017

The aim assist is fair. It applies to everyone that wishes to use it. Asking for a greater skillgap is the elitist part. Your inability to comprehend that = illiteracy

There is not an issue because it isn't affecting the results. Players that were terrible in the last iteration are not suddenly competitive in this one. It's no issue because you can turn it off and choose not to use it. The times that it actually factors into your deaths is very likely minimal and unproven.

So by your logic, if everyone had automatic aimbots that did the shooting and killing for you, there still wouldn't be an issue because at least it would be balanced? But you see, not everyone enjoys easy gameplay. Some actually like to feel the accomplishment of manually putting the crosshairs on the target. But that would be too hard for a lot of players, and that wouldn't be fair.
  • mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I get what you're saying, but assuming it gives everyone else an advantage is foolish since it is available to all. Also, sure in some scenarios it may make a difference, but many of the kills I witness and experience would be no different with or without that function. It sounds almost like another, "I am not as good as I think I am and it must be XXXX is over-powered, bugged, or unfair."
  • SaintBrandon88
    edited January 2017
    mrtwotimes wrote: »
    I get what you're saying, but assuming it gives everyone else an advantage is foolish since it is available to all. Also, sure in some scenarios it may make a difference, but many of the kills I witness and experience would be no different with or without that function. It sounds almost like another, "I am not as good as I think I am and it must be XXXX is over-powered, bugged, or unfair."

Scout gets the most benefit from it. Have you even watched the videos of how over-powered the AA is for these weapons? And not everyone plays as scout, so if you're not a scout you definitely have the disadvantage. But it is also strong for shotgun users. They are already 1-hit kill at close quarters, so you don't really need any auto-locking aim. All these guns getting nerfed, when they really aren't all of the problem. When you can tap and snap to the closest enemy with your iron sight martini-henry, of course it's OP.
  • mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Scout gets the most benefit from it. Have you even watched the videos of how over-powered the AA is for these weapons? And not everyone plays as scout, so if you're not a scout you definitely have the disadvantage. But it is also strong for shotgun users. They are already 1-hit kill at close quarters, so you don't really need any auto-locking aim.

I would disagree, and say that is strictly opinion. Scouts and tactics can be easily countered from my experience. Shotguns are not a guaranteed 1-hit kill.
  • SaintBrandon88
    edited January 2017

Scout gets the most benefit from it. Have you even watched the videos of how over-powered the AA is for these weapons? And not everyone plays as scout, so if you're not a scout you definitely have the disadvantage. But it is also strong for shotgun users. They are already 1-hit kill at close quarters, so you don't really need any auto-locking aim.

I would disagree, and say that is strictly opinion. Scouts and tactics can be easily countered from my experience. Shotguns are not a guaranteed 1-hit kill.

It's not just my opinion. There are numerous examples from "pro" gamers out there who say the same thing. I tested it and went 28-3 on Giant's Shadow, just camping down below the blimp. I kept tapping and locking on to targets with my iron sight sniper. Easy kills. I mean, sure, someone could have put a stop to it, but I would just come back (maybe a different spot) and do it again and may get 10 more kills before they stop me again. As for shotguns, I'm mainly speaking on the model 10. And if you're within 5-10 feet, it's pretty much always 1-hit kill.
  • Ggballday414
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    My beef with aim assist is when I'm trying to snipe an enemy at say, 150m who's head can barely be seen. Then, another runs across the screen behind who I'm aiming at, dragging my crosshairs off target. Big issue when trying to place a stealthy OHK and not wanting to spam a whole mag. My solution was turning off all assists. Might not be the best option for someone wanting an easy game to play.
  • Ronin0ni
    1758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Your saying how they should not make it as bad, how about get rid! There should be no assist in any FPS game ffs

dynamic sensitivity (slowing aim over a target) is fine IMHO for making wiggle sticks more usable.

targeting on aim click is dumb AF though.

I play PC though, and you can't use aim assist with MKB. You can use it if you play with controller on PC though... but that's hardly a big problem, and they still have other significant disadvantages. Enough that I wouldn't consider it personally.
  • KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Easy acces servers without it would solve the problem.