There is too much aim assist in this Battlefield

Comments

• lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's funny, playing on PS4 with the DS4, I never even noticed it until I started working on lvl 10-ing my scout class. I found it was jerking my sights off target because or multiple targets or the snap was causing me to overshoot on my target acquisition. As a result, I just turned it off.

But now looking at some of of these videos, I can see how I was getting outgunned in a few 1v1 situations. I had attributed it to latency just making them look faster.

Now I might have to turn it back on. >:)
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just give us a fair bastion to play in. No aim assist lobbies should be available in some capacity, the work was done in bf4, then the feature was removed for bf1?

Some of us get tired of playing in the training wheels section, and would like a challenging multiplayer, not just tag with different ttks, something that actually involves aiming. Call me crazy.
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm a long-time Battlefield aim assist user. I'm neither for or against it, but my general viewpoint is that if it's available in game, it's ok to use. I also believe that aim assist doesn't turn bad players into good ones, although I'm sure it lowers the skill floor. There are a lot of skills that separate good players from bad ones and aim is just one of them.

I turned off aim-assist for the first time today to see if I could still play competently. My suspicion was that I'd see a slight drop off in score, but my other skills (movement, positioning, etc) would still allow me to compete. Here are the results from my first full round (I play as Qams when I'm screwing around).

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=ZHBp9oPZ4gEkQdJuLEVpPT6qleFcKRiqAFwTOoBsFUY%3D

One round isn't really enough to draw any real conclusions but I'd say that this is what a typical round on Giant's Shadow looks like for me if the match is fairly even and the C/D flags are being contested. I did about as good as I normally do, which was a bit surprising, although there were some initial acquisitions that were a little slower. Another caveat: I also main Assault which relies less on aim than a Medic or Scout player.

I'd be interested to hear whether other players who have turned it off after playing with it awhile have similar experiences.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm a long-time Battlefield aim assist user. I'm neither for or against it, but my general viewpoint is that if it's available in game, it's ok to use. I also believe that aim assist doesn't turn bad players into good ones, although I'm sure it lowers the skill floor. There are a lot of skills that separate good players from bad ones and aim is just one of them.

I turned off aim-assist for the first time today to see if I could still play competently. My suspicion was that I'd see a slight drop off in score, but my other skills (movement, positioning, etc) would still allow me to compete. Here are the results from my first full round (I play as Qams when I'm screwing around).

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=ZHBp9oPZ4gEkQdJuLEVpPT6qleFcKRiqAFwTOoBsFUY%3D

One round isn't really enough to draw any real conclusions but I'd say that this is what a typical round on Giant's Shadow looks like for me if the match is fairly even and the C/D flags are being contested. I did about as good as I normally do, although there were some initial acquisitions that were a little slower. Another caveat: I also main Assault which relies less on aim than a Medic or Scout player.

I'd be interested to hear whether other players who have turned it off after playing with it awhile have similar experiences.

I do well, but I also adapt.

I can play further away from cover and faster with the aim assist.

The slowdown is great, it teaches good aiming. The rotational assist is ill conceived for a multiplayer experience, reducing the aiming window compounds problems with the 30hz netcode, and makes players feel they are doing great when they are really following a two step button pressing pattern.

I want some skilled input required for skilled aiming. That's not what's going on with the rotational AA, we need some changes.
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

One round isn't really enough to draw any real conclusions but I'd say that this is what a typical round on Giant's Shadow looks like for me if the match is fairly even and the C/D flags are being contested. I did about as good as I normally do, which was a bit surprising, although there were some initial acquisitions that were a little slower. Another caveat: I also main Assault which relies less on aim than a Medic or Scout player.

I didn't notice a difference in score, only endurance. Since my hands are working a little harder, I can't play the same number of rounds without a noticeable reflex deterioration over time. Then it's time to stretch. Maybe restart the router and grab a snack.
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    lh20122012 wrote: »

I didn't notice a difference in score, only endurance. Since my hands are working a little harder, I can't play the same number of rounds without a noticeable reflex deterioration over time. Then it's time to stretch. Maybe restart the router and grab a snack.

Huh, that's really interesting. I'll have to see if I need to quit playing earlier with it off.

• cammoses003
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Your saying how they should not make it as bad, how about get rid! There should be no assist in any FPS game ffs

yeah and they should get rid of auto-correction on phones/computers, and automatic transmission vehicles etc .. aim assist is here to stay, whether we like it or not - the majority of players are, and forever will be casual gamers. if people using aim assist bugs you that much maybe you should find a real life skill that can't be crutched/countered by amateurs

back to the op; yes, it does need to be fixed - I haven't played with auto rotation since BF3, yet in BF1 i feel my aim rotating with a moving enemy
  • e-Sparta_Rambo
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Your saying how they should not make it as bad, how about get rid! There should be no assist in any FPS game ffs

yeah and they should get rid of auto-correction on phones/computers, and automatic transmission vehicles etc .. aim assist is here to stay, whether we like it or not - the majority of players are, and forever will be casual gamers. if people using aim assist bugs you that much maybe you should find a real life skill that can't be crutched/countered by amateurs

back to the op; yes, it does need to be fixed - I haven't played with auto rotation since BF3, yet in BF1 i feel my aim rotating with a moving enemy

Bad Company didnt have snap snap aim assist. Nobody cried that it should be added into the game. Keep the aim assist for games like GTA V or Campaign. Multiplayer fps should not have aim assist (rotation), period.
  • DarIthris
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aim assist shouldn't exist, period. The only time I ever asked for it is in GTA 5 because of how freaking floaty the aiming is in that game.
  • cammoses003
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Bad Company didnt have snap snap aim assist. Nobody cried that it should be added into the game. Keep the aim assist for games like GTA V or Campaign. Multiplayer fps should not have aim assist (rotation), period.

you should read my post again, and think about it - of course nobody complained about it then because it didn't even exist in the series. if they never added it, i, and everyone else would be perfectly happy, but you've gotta realize (like i just said) the majority of players are casual... a small, small minority of players would like to see aim assist removed completely, and that change wouldn't affect this minority what so ever (since they don't play with it). on the other hand, the majority of players who play with it (most unknowingly) would be absolutely terrorized by the skill margin if it was removed, and ultimately lose interest in the game. that leads me to my final point; most these folks who say it should be removed completely, forget the fact that at some point, they probably played a shooter with aim assist (unknowingly), and this shaped them into the player they are now. imagine playing your first fps game in 2017 with all these veterans who grew up probably using aim assist and now hypothetically nobody can have it ..? doesn't work that way man - its here to stay
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017

you should read my post again, and think about it - of course nobody complained about it then because it didn't even exist in the series. if they never added it, i, and everyone else would be perfectly happy, but you've gotta realize (like i just said) the majority of players are casual... a small, small minority of players would like to see aim assist removed completely, and that change wouldn't affect this minority what so ever (since they don't play with it). on the other hand, the majority of players who play with it (most unknowingly) would be absolutely terrorized by the skill margin if it was removed, and ultimately lose interest in the game. that leads me to my final point; most these folks who say it should be removed completely, forget the fact that at some point, they probably played a shooter with aim assist (unknowingly), and this shaped them into the player they are now. imagine playing your first fps game in 2017 with all these veterans who grew up probably using aim assist and now hypothetically nobody can have it ..? doesn't work that way man - its here to stay

Everyone's main issue with it is that it's totally overpowered. Like KingTolapsium said, the slowdown is more than enough assist, but to be able to "snap" to target/aimbot.. That's where I draw the line on what's acceptable. You can literally just tap the aim button and fire away with a sniper. Very flawed system.
  • KingTolapsium

Everyone's main issue with it is that it's totally overpowered. Like KingTolapsium said, the slowdown is more than enough assist, but to be able to "snap" to target/aimbot.. That's where I draw the line on what's acceptable. You can literally just tap the aim button and fire away with a sniper. Very flawed system.

They could even give the slowdown assist behaviors a buff. Within reason of course.

I don't want to ruin the game for anyone, but the rotational assist is not fostering a good learning curve, it is cheap, and feels cheap.
  • SCOTTISH21
    621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Only ever noticed the snap to aiming on infantry rifles when I was leveling the scout class. It's pretty easy to use. I've seen a few streams where people abuse it and one person even has the cheek to brag how good he is and how high he is in the WR lol. I've never once died and blamed the aim assist in this game or others though so it doesn't really bother me atall.
  • widdy2
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I can see this being my last BF game. I absolutely love BF, but hate the aimbot 3000 assist so much.

Maybe if they introduce a game mode with reduced aim assist (non auto rotation servers) I will continue to play, but sadly I don't have any faith that Dice will do this.
  • The_Warminds
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i've hit shots on targets through walls that were tracked automatically. generally it will snap just behind a moving target tho. also you can't spam it... maybe 1 second cooldown. you can check if there is an enemy present through smoke, vegetation etc by ADS and spot.

I'm on console and i thought it was much better in bf4, even star wars. i would prefer if it wasn't in any game.
  • e-Sparta_Rambo
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    widdy2 wrote: »
    I can see this being my last BF game. I absolutely love BF, but hate the aimbot 3000 assist so much.

Maybe if they introduce a game mode with reduced aim assist (non auto rotation servers) I will continue to play, but sadly I don't have any faith that Dice will do this.

Unfortunately myself and our group feel the same. We re sticking to BF4 where aim assist isnt as horrible as it is on BF1, but its up to that point where we are looking for actual competitive simulator type of FPS for console.

And I dont understand this argument that aim assist is needed in the game to reduce the skill gap. I see casuals on daily basis playing bf4 and finishing the round 0-20 (plenty of evidence on my stream channel). So its not the casuals that is the problem here, its those middle players between casuals and skilled ones that abuse aim assist by spamming it. There is one turkish clan that added eSports to their clan name, and they all abuse aim assist. That is a disgrace to eSports name. I mentioned this before that I rented the server and disabled aim assist in the settings. Server died empty because no one wanted to play in it while few other servers were jammed packed (with aim assist enabled).
  • widdy2
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Unfortunately myself and our group feel the same. We re sticking to BF4 where aim assist isnt as horrible as it is on BF1, but its up to that point where we are looking for actual competitive simulator type of FPS for console.

And I dont understand this argument that aim assist is needed in the game to reduce the skill gap. I see casuals on daily basis playing bf4 and finishing the round 0-20 (plenty of evidence on my stream channel). So its not the casuals that is the problem here, its those middle players between casuals and skilled ones that abuse aim assist by spamming it. There is one turkish clan that added eSports to their clan name, and they all abuse aim assist. That is a disgrace to eSports name. I mentioned this before that I rented the server and disabled aim assist in the settings. Server died empty because no one wanted to play in it while few other servers were jammed packed (with aim assist enabled).

Funny, I hated BF4's aim assist more than BF1's. I never felt fully in control of my gun in BF4, it always felt as if someone else was controlling my gun and I was fighting to regain control. In reality it was the strong aim assist and I was fighting it. BF4 was salvaged for me only because I found KSA servers without any of the assists. I would have liked slowdown on.

I can do well in BF1 without the auto rotation aimbot 3000, but it's the overall gunplay that suffers. Dice have made the BF console community a laughing stock and we should all be embarrassed about it. Look at the PC players who do a "let's play BF1 on console" vids and ridicule the strength of aim assist.

• S0LIDSNAKE0CEL0T
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With BF1 i was hoping for no lock on weapons but we did get it anyway and even worse. Snipers with AA are you serious DICE.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3543 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    widdy2 wrote: »

Your group can move to R6S. No aim assist at all and a bigger competitive sceene then BF.
  • KingTolapsium
    edited January 2017
    With BF1 i was hoping for no lock on weapons but we did get it anyway and even worse. Snipers with AA are you serious DICE.

Sad but true.

@ProLegion_exor

Would you recommend R6S on game play quality? Or just for the lack of aim assist?
    Post edited by KingTolapsium on