There is too much aim assist in this Battlefield

Comments

• mexicanmethed
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    People always gonna cry about something. No doubt AA is stronger than in previous Battlefield games and actually even feels stronger then in the beta, although I'm not entirely sure about that as I went back to Halo for a little bit and could have just been my muscle memory tuned to that game instead but at the end of the day AA is available to everyone.

If you think you're losing gunfights because the other guy is using aimbot AA then go and use it yourself FFS, it's as simple as that. In all reality you might find it's not just the aimbot that's separating the better players from the masses. It's stupid to not be using AA then get mad about other players using it, if you've chosen to hobble yourself by turning off features available to everyone then deal with it.

It makes the game more accessible to new and casual players, which despite what you hear around here is actually a good thing. Big series that make money don't die.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People always gonna cry about something. No doubt AA is stronger than in previous Battlefield games and actually even feels stronger then in the beta, although I'm not entirely sure about that as I went back to Halo for a little bit and could have just been my muscle memory tuned to that game instead but at the end of the day AA is available to everyone.

If you think you're losing gunfights because the other guy is using aimbot AA then go and use it yourself FFS, it's as simple as that. In all reality you might find it's not just the aimbot that's separating the better players from the masses. It's stupid to not be using AA then get mad about other players using it, if you've chosen to hobble yourself by turning off features available to everyone then deal with it.

It makes the game more accessible to everyone, which despite what you hear around here is actually a good thing.

I agree, aim assist is necessary. If it's bothering you to die to the unfairness of aim assist, sure, turn it back on.

I would argue the rotational assist is not properly assisting, but instead is creating a trigger happy playerbase that can't aim, and allowing some skilled players a crutch to abuse.

I want the "motion tracking" that is associated with the slowdown to be used for our main assist, it's more intuitive for slow aiming/hardscoping, that's how unskilled players aim.

I want to help our new players, every new player I've showed the ropes have had trouble learning how to aim with the rotation, and I know I can abuse it.

I want a better gameplay experience, a more meaningful skill gap, and a more understandable learning curve.
  • e-Sparta_Rambo
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    widdy2 wrote: »
    I can see this being my last BF game. I absolutely love BF, but hate the aimbot 3000 assist so much.

Maybe if they introduce a game mode with reduced aim assist (non auto rotation servers) I will continue to play, but sadly I don't have any faith that Dice will do this.

Unfortunately myself and our group feel the same. We re sticking to BF4 where aim assist isnt as horrible as it is on BF1, but its up to that point where we are looking for actual competitive simulator type of FPS for console.

And I dont understand this argument that aim assist is needed in the game to reduce the skill gap. I see casuals on daily basis playing bf4 and finishing the round 0-20 (plenty of evidence on my stream channel). So its not the casuals that is the problem here, its those middle players between casuals and skilled ones that abuse aim assist by spamming it. There is one turkish clan that added eSports to their clan name, and they all abuse aim assist. That is a disgrace to eSports name. I mentioned this before that I rented the server and disabled aim assist in the settings. Server died empty because no one wanted to play in it while few other servers were jammed packed (with aim assist enabled).

Your group can move to R6S. No aim assist at all and a bigger competitive sceene then BF.

RB6 gameplay is trash. Reminds me of "competitive" rescue cancer on Hardline.
  • mexicanmethed
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017

It makes the game more accessible to everyone, which despite what you hear around here is actually a good thing.

I agree, aim assist is necessary. If it's bothering you to die to the unfairness of aim assist, sure, turn it back on.

I would argue the rotational assist is not properly assisting, but instead is creating a trigger happy playerbase that can't aim, and allowing some skilled players a crutch to abuse.

I want the "motion tracking" that is associated with the slowdown to be used for our main assist, it's more intuitive for slow aiming/hardscoping, that's how unskilled players aim.

I want to help our new players, every new player I've showed the ropes have had trouble learning how to aim with the rotation, and I know I can abuse it.

I want a better gameplay experience, a more meaningful skill gap, and a more understandable learning curve.

Valid points and well articulated. I understand where you're coming from, and what you're asking for is not ridiculous by any means. Don't get me wrong if DICE were to turn AA down I would as a series veteran adjust accordingly. The reality is though AA is as strong as it is now in order to expand the playerbase and make the game more accessible to new players .... whether this is working ATM as DICE intended I'm not entirely sure but the intention is clear. Battlefield has a reputation among casual gamers as being "too hard" ... anything to ease the learning curve and prevent new players getting stomped on so hard they never come back is good for the life of the series. I'd almost be inclined to say some of the vets can't handle getting killed by players they may deem beneath them but that's just my opinion of course.
  • KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I say this again.

Casual player dont know what aim assist is and try to aim himself instead of trusting aim assists. Then the assist screws him over.

Then people will learn to abuse it and do it all the time. Or turn it off.

So people refuse to play an fps multiplayer game without an aimbot? Its just stupid.

• Philomaeus
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    53MT3X-11 wrote: »
    Creasie wrote: »
    It's just stupid that when you play with a controller on PC you get aim assist... There is aim assist on consoles because it makes it more fun to play especially for new players.

^^ This. Then you get shot and killed through a thick veil of smoke and gas with two hits. F***ing aimbots.
    Controllers should be banned or aim assist removed. It offers a bad advantage.

As a PC main, get rid of aim assist on the PC platform. But don't remove support for game pads, lol...
    Game pads are useful for aircraft, or if you want relax in bed or playing on your television, and don't want to be bogged down by a mouse and keyboard.

Removing them entirely is just kind of stupid.
  • Philomaeus
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    I can see this being my last BF game. I absolutely love BF, but hate the aimbot 3000 assist so much.

Maybe if they introduce a game mode with reduced aim assist (non auto rotation servers) I will continue to play, but sadly I don't have any faith that Dice will do this.

Unfortunately myself and our group feel the same. We re sticking to BF4 where aim assist isnt as horrible as it is on BF1, but its up to that point where we are looking for actual competitive simulator type of FPS for console.

And I dont understand this argument that aim assist is needed in the game to reduce the skill gap. I see casuals on daily basis playing bf4 and finishing the round 0-20 (plenty of evidence on my stream channel). So its not the casuals that is the problem here, its those middle players between casuals and skilled ones that abuse aim assist by spamming it. There is one turkish clan that added eSports to their clan name, and they all abuse aim assist. That is a disgrace to eSports name. I mentioned this before that I rented the server and disabled aim assist in the settings. Server died empty because no one wanted to play in it while few other servers were jammed packed (with aim assist enabled).

Your group can move to R6S. No aim assist at all and a bigger competitive sceene then BF.

Yeah, because you call it trash, it automatically becomes trash. Excellent logic.

Plenty of people enjoy Rainbow Six games, that doesn't mean it's trash, and it doesn't mean it's the greatest thing next to the invention of sliced bread either.

But please spare me the poor gross over exaggeration.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've had aim assist off the entire time I'm played BF1 and I was curious about how it would be with it on so I played with it on for a few days. While I did have a few "I can't believe I hit that guy" moments, it was fairly similar experience overall besides the game trying to choose targets for me. Walk into a room full of enemies and you can't really make a decision on who to shoot because the game will pull you to one and then may switch you before that one is dead. That was enough to make it not worth it by itself.

The experiment did highlight a couple of advantages for a casual player that plays a lot like myself. First it was easier to stay at my best aiming level all the time. With it on I can see how it would be harder to have my aim go completely potato because I didn't get enough sleep the night before or because I'm just having a bad day. It also made the bad laggy server situations more tolerable because I wasn't at a double disadvantage.

Even with those advantages I switched it back off because it wasn't worth it and I was happy that when I turned it off I was aiming well enough that I didn't notice it being gone except in the detrimental situations like target selection.

Would the added consistency over time make up for some hairy target selection situations and make my KD etc go up? Probably, but personally I'd rather be a lesser player with real stats than have know deep down inside that I'm not doing it by myself.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KakeHC wrote: »
    I say this again.

Casual player dont know what aim assist is and try to aim himself instead of trusting aim assists. Then the assist screws him over.

Then people will learn to abuse it and do it all the time. Or turn it off.

So people refuse to play an fps multiplayer game without an aimbot? Its just stupid.

Bingo.
  • arnaldo1978
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    (ps4 user) After some tests I prefer AUTO ROTATION ON and SLOWDOWN OFF, or ALL OFF. For me ALL ON is the worse option.
  • e-Sparta_Rambo
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yeah, because you call it trash, it automatically becomes trash. Excellent logic.

Plenty of people enjoy Rainbow Six games, that doesn't mean it's trash, and it doesn't mean it's the greatest thing next to the invention of sliced bread either.

But please spare me the poor gross over exaggeration.

Whats one mans poop is another mans treasure. CS was the daddy for these games, right now its just cancer.
  • ILoveBF2Fin
    486 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    (ps4 user) After some tests I prefer AUTO ROTATION ON and SLOWDOWN OFF, or ALL OFF. For me ALL ON is the worse option.

Hmm so remove actual aim assist and leave only the mini aimbot on? Thanks, I'll test it at some point
  • KPNuts74
    784 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Aim assist can get you killed at times. If you come across multiple moving targets and it locks on to a secondary (less threatening) one.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3543 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Can be true, never played it. Was just refering to the non existing AA. But yeah, would problably bot suit u.
  • widdy2
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The most amazing and rewarding Battlefield game is within grasp, but auto rotation is preventing us from having it. Dice, most of us want some aim assist, just not the op aimbot 3000 that is auto rotation.

The marksman variants of medic guns and suppressive LMGs don't have aimbot assist. Along with scoped sniper rifles, so why other guns ? Why do you feel the need to make some users aim for themselves but not others ?

I'm not watching BF1 vids on YouTube anymore, Im watching Xbox one owners playing Bad Company 2 and BF3 and wishing BF1 had the same gunplay!
  • TaktikzPS4
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Valid points and well articulated. I understand where you're coming from, and what you're asking for is not ridiculous by any means. Don't get me wrong if DICE were to turn AA down I would as a series veteran adjust accordingly. The reality is though AA is as strong as it is now in order to expand the playerbase and make the game more accessible to new players .... whether this is working ATM as DICE intended I'm not entirely sure but the intention is clear. Battlefield has a reputation among casual gamers as being "too hard" ... anything to ease the learning curve and prevent new players getting stomped on so hard they never come back is good for the life of the series. I'd almost be inclined to say some of the vets can't handle getting killed by players they may deem beneath them but that's just my opinion of course.

That's why Aim Assist should only be on until you reach rank 20. Then it's off for everyone after that... That'd help new players bed in to the game. Problem solved. Bobs your Aunty.
  • ILoveBF2Fin
    486 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TaktikzPS4 wrote: »

That's why Aim Assist should only be on until you reach rank 20. Then it's off for everyone after that... That'd help new players bed in to the game. Problem solved. Bobs your Aunty.

Hmm I suppose the rank after which it is turned off can be debated but I do like the idea.
  • TaktikzPS4
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TaktikzPS4 wrote: »

Hmm I suppose the rank after which it is turned off can be debated but I do like the idea.

Yeah ofcourse, doesn't matter what rank, whether it be 20, 30 or 40 but it should be turned off at a certain point.

I think 30 is a reasonable number, that's atleast 10 hours of gameplay, at least.

Or implement a system where if you have both your aim assists off you receive more xp per kill, and also in the scoreboard show an icon for people using aim assist, so if that icons not next to someones name you can tell they're actually genuinely good and not relying on aim assist lol...
  • TwinWoIf
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    One of the instances where I can say "CoD and Halo did it better".

Aiming in BF1 overall feels sluggish and sticky in comparison.
  • KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What would solve the problem. Hmmmm.

Well probably easy acces servers without rotation. Wow how did I come up with that?