There is too much aim assist in this Battlefield

1234568»

Comments

• KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KakeHC wrote: »
    DavTan wrote: »
    Just yesterday I dropped off of a balcony on Sinai, facing my target. Suddenly another opponent who ran beneath me dragged my whole screen about 30 degrees give or take. Needless to say I missed my opportunity.

Turn it off and set yourself free :smiley:

It doesn't matter if you turn it off... Auto rotate will still kick in sometimes.
    It's like dice doesn't want you to stop using it and punishes you. Jk
    It's just so strong that when you turn it off.... It's still there.

Thats slowdown when its not working right.

Well it is "slowdown" but the behavior is a rotating behavior that tracks motion.

There are 3 distinct aim assists.

Auto-rotation: this snaps to center chest (this is the assist I like to call, the stupid unnecessary assist).

Slowdown: Reduces sensitivity when aiming over an enemy.

Tracking/Motion Assist: tracks after motion with analog input (this is linked to slowdown currently, and can also function without any assist enabled currently)

We also have some rotating behavior in close quarters, this is like a weak magnet assist, gently pulling you towards the enemy.
  • Ggballday414
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just yesterday I dropped off of a balcony on Sinai, facing my target. Suddenly another opponent who ran beneath me dragged my whole screen about 30 degrees give or take. Needless to say I missed my opportunity.

Turn it off and set yourself free :smiley:

It doesn't matter if you turn it off... Auto rotate will still kick in sometimes.
    It's like dice doesn't want you to stop using it and punishes you. Jk
    It's just so strong that when you turn it off.... It's still there.

Thats slowdown when its not working right.

An option within the server settings to turn of assists would be grand!
  • DavTan
    863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How can there be 3 assists when there are only two in the options.
    This third motion tracker you speak of is just part of the job that auto rotation does.

As for Kakehc saying that it's the slow down that's not working properly and is now occasionally acting as the a r when I have the a r turned off.
    That's just crazy man.... What's your evidence for that?
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    This third motion tracker you speak of is just part of the job that auto rotation does.

As for Kakehc saying that it's the slow down that's not working properly and is now occasionally acting as the a r when I have the a r turned off.

I like to think of myself as well informed when it comes to the battlefield aim assist. I am not aware of any other battefielders that have obsessively dug into the function of the assist mechanic.

The tracking is glitched, came with the fix in the last patch, said fix requiring analog input to trigger the tracking assist. Now it activates with the assist off sometimes.

I've spoken to the devs about it, they are considering moving the tracking assist to the rotation option instead of the slowdown. How could they do that if what I previously stated is not true?

2 options, 4 assists. It used to be one option with 4 assists in early bf4.

#TheMoreYouKnow
  • Gorkepork
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been hoping they would do away with auto-rotation for so long now. I'm fine with slow-down. But tapping ADS to snap-to and track targets is wayy too much.
  • DavTan
    863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I like to think of myself as well informed when it comes to the battlefield aim assist. I am not aware of any other battefielders that have obsessively dug into the function of the assist mechanic.

The tracking is glitched, came with the fix in the last patch, said fix requiring analog input to trigger the tracking assist. Now it activates with the assist off sometimes.

I've spoken to the devs about it, they are considering moving the tracking assist to the rotation option instead of the slowdown. How could they do that if what I previously stated is not true?

#TheMoreYouKnow

Thanks king, I shall take your post at face value.
    To me it is entirely logical that this track assist should be bundled in with the auto rotate as they are similar assists.
    What a stupid idea to align it with slow down.... Classic dice
  • KingTolapsium

#TheMoreYouKnow

Thanks king, I shall take your post at face value.
    To me it is entirely logical that this track assist should be bundled in with the auto rotate as they are similar assists.
    What a stupid idea to align it with slow down.... Classic dice

The thought was the slowdown would be super weak compared to the rotation, but I agree, being clear with the assist titles is very important.
  • e-Sparta_Rambo
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Even though petitions are against forum rules, should we make one and sign it and then give it to Dice/Ea whatever through twitter ?
  • KingTolapsium
    edited January 2017
    Even though petitions are against forum rules, should we make one and sign it and then give it to Dice/Ea whatever through twitter ?

Uhm, idk?

I've attempted bringing this up in the forums, reddit, and twitter. Since early bf4.

The team has addressed aim assist in two large ways with bf1, the trigger spamming of the rotational assist is gone, and the (non-rotational) tracking behavior does not track without player analog input.

I have attempted writing long drawn out posts fully breaking apart the assist accompanied by my opinion, but as of yet, things seem to be moving towards a stronger rotational assist.

Maybe we start by identifying our problems, and suggesting solutions? I don't want to negatively impact anyone's experience.

My want for changes revolves around the need for improvement, we have an assist that is abused by the skilled, and misunderstood by the unskilled, the learning curve in bf3 was magnificent, I'd like to get back to that.
  • Stobias
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    -Add in game aimbot
    -Remove anticheat because hacks are not needed anymore

• KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The tought of removing aim assist entirely from hc went to severs after they destroyed that mode fully.

Normal servers without rotation would be amazing addition with an simple x to find servers with or without it.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tonight I realized how bad the Slowdown feature is. It was actually actively tracking targets when I was trying to throw a grenade. In this situation I had to be precise with my throw because it needed to go through a doorway on an angle and since there were 4 or 5 enemies in the room running back and forth my cross-hair was going nuts and I ended up blowing the throw because a guy ran by the doorway at the last second and pulled me off target.

I also noticed it pulling me between targets when shooting and causing me to die because the my cross-hair would start pulling towards his buddy and I would end up leaving them both at half health. Not sure why it was so pronounced this evening but after that I turned off slowdown for good. I definitely noticed it was gone when chasing a target but its nothing a little practice can't fix.

The should definitely lump the tracking feature with Auto Rotation and not with Slowdown.
  • KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

How many of these threads are there?
    Someone saying this is ok to have in game? Auto rotate is cancer and its ruining the game and removing all skill
  • ILoveBF2Fin
    486 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2017

Cool video, I was planning to do that type of video myself for this topic but I was too lazy so I just linked separate clips xd
    Someone saying this is ok to have in game?

Yeah I don't know how can someone look at a video demonstrating how broken the aim assist is and conclude that the aim assist is fine. It could be just that they are naive and don't know how badly it can be abused.
    Auto rotate is cancer and its ruining the game and removing all skill

I agree.
  • N_FURY_21
    331 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If it works for the majority, leave it be
  • e-Sparta_Rambo
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    N_FURY_21 wrote: »

Why ? Battlefield isnt eSports kinda game, but that doesnt there shouldnt be a skill gap. It aint fun for me when I m working hard and practicing just to see that someone can use in game aim bot and kill me just as fast with no skill.
  • KingTolapsium
    N_FURY_21 wrote: »

Why ? Battlefield isnt eSports kinda game, but that doesnt there shouldnt be a skill gap. It aint fun for me when I m working hard and practicing just to see that someone can use in game aim bot and kill me just as fast with no skill.

There is definitely a skillgap, the problem i see is we have highly skilled players expertly using the rotational assist.

Bringing up the skill floor is great, but pushing most above average players to the skill ceiling is detrimental to the gameplay.