"You need to start and log in to Origin" Error , is there any fix for this?

kadney
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Hello,

I haven't played BF4 for 2 years and just installed the vanilla game this evening.

Origin should be up to date with version 10356379-0.

I use the x64 bit version of Firefox 50.1.0.

So I have firefox running, start Origin (even as admin, no difference) and then start BF4 which opens the Battlelog tab in the browser.

When I try to join a server or start anything, I get that error message:

problema%20de%20origin.jpg

It appears that DICE somewhat ditched Battlelog and I couldn't find any button to download the latest browser plugin.

Then I read about the option to "Use plugin-free game launching", which I ticked in.

„Origin Helper“ in Origin is activated aswell.

Still getting the same error. Is there any fix for this?

Comments

• kadney
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited January 2017
    A small update, just installed the latest x64 Google Chrome browser and it works.
    So there is something wrong with the communication between Firefox and Origin.

Edit:
    Problem was caused by the Firefox Addon "NoScript". Solution: disable "ABE" in the NoScript options.

See this thread for further detail:
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065244991565242/
    Post edited by kadney on
  • 0-surprise-0
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    this is my problem too and switching browsers doesnt help i tried chrom muzilla and opera but it doesnt make any diffrence
  • KS-Fire
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Same error here.
    Dont mater I do (update punkbuster, change browser, reinstall Origin etc), nothing work.

Battefield 3 and Battefield 4, I cant play. :'(
  • jackmack221
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How I fixed it for google chrome is clearing my cookies
  • forktheutensil
    Go to your control panel and disable your firewall

it worked for me