Weekly Debrief

make behemoth an option for top (x) players first

Ggballday414
625 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
This would give priority to the highest scoring players first, via on screen prompt. "would you like to enter your behemoth" press "button 1" yes "button 2" no.

Then with a little magic teleport you to appropriate seating, off the battlefield.

If the behemoth still has empty seats when reaching the border of the map, then other players should be allowed to jump in.

This could give the key players on the losing side an even better chance of a comeback.

When teams purposely fall behind to get the behemoth, this will make their logic obsolete. For you have to be a player actually trying to win, getting points, gaining first priority.

Comments

• Jarlenizzle
    217 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    But what about the hill side campers that want Them char 2 kills !!?
  • Petedawg508
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not a bad idea, although taking the top 5-6 players off the losing team will probably result in losing even worse.
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    At least for the drivers seat.
  • Ggballday414
    But what about the hill side campers that want Them char 2 kills !!?

Precisely what I'm trying to negate. I've overlooked the positives and negatives. Truthfully, how else could this be bad? Top 6 players get a prompt, hit yes or no. If all the top players decline, may the others have at it.
  • Ggballday414
    Not a bad idea, although taking the top 5-6 players off the losing team will probably result in losing even worse.

They could decline the option. It's subjective entirely.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Id rather not give them the chance, purely selfish reasons :smile:
  • Ggballday414
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Would you want the best players going into the behemoth though, I know I wouldn't.

I've hardly spent 20 minutes in one. Not because of choice, but the opportunity is simply not there. When there is a seat open, it's usually not the position with key weapons, or the driver/pilot.
  • Banhammer72
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you are that good, why would you need a tank?
  • Ggballday414
    If you are that good, why would you need a tank?

Adding timber to the fire
  • Jarlenizzle
    217 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dont you just love getting one of
    The two top Gunner Seats in the airship...
    Utter useless
  • Ggballday414
    Utter useless

Defending against the incoming aircraft is always a plus, but dangerous.
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Utter useless

They should really buff those POS.

Behemoths are nothing but a band aid for sh**ty team balance. And a poor one at that.
  • crabman169
    12845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And then new players will never learn or even get to use behemoths let alone the tanks and planes.

Cheers...
  • BaconRebellion
    2443 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Would you want the best players going into the behemoth though, I know I wouldn't.

I've hardly spent 20 minutes in one. Not because of choice, but the opportunity is simply not there. When there is a seat open, it's usually not the position with key weapons, or the driver/pilot.

Yeah I've barely been in any of the behemoths. I think I have maybe 15 kills with them all in my 6 days of game time. Not because I don't want to go in them it's just because I can't. I'm usually doing well on the battlefield that when they arrive it's too late for me to get in them
  • DingoKillr
    3675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Just make it the choice for the top 3.

The timer to accept is between behemoth spawn and combat zone. So if they don't take, any one can then spawn in.

All this does is gives first priority to the top 3 players on the losing team. I can see this not being used a lot by those players.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nope. First come first serve.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This would give priority to the highest scoring players first, via on screen prompt. "would you like to enter your behemoth" press "button 1" yes "button 2" no.

Then with a little magic teleport you to appropriate seating, off the battlefield.

If the behemoth still has empty seats when reaching the border of the map, then other players should be allowed to jump in.

This could give the key players on the losing side an even better chance of a comeback.

When teams purposely fall behind to get the behemoth, this will make their logic obsolete. For you have to be a player actually trying to win, getting points, gaining first priority.

Top half of the scoreboard would be enough to make sure someone more qualified gets into the driver seat and only the driver seat, the rest will sort itself out. Making it so will prevent teamjumpers from sabotage and sleepers from just sitting around doing nothing only to derail the behemoth too for them lulz.
  • MATT-CHEW82
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This will never happen, but I too get annoyed by horrible Behemoth drivers. Look, I know not everybody is good at this game. But everybody knows that the behemoths move so if a noob happens to get in the driver's seat, have the wherewithal to move the damn thing!
  • IPutatoI
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i thought the behemoth was just a gimmick so losers can feel good about themselves for few moments.