Why Monte Grappa Doesn't Fit for "Back to Basics" Game Mode

AFROSRB
317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited January 2017
It seems that BTB Game Mode has been well adopted by the community, which is justified. This Game Mode is one of my most favourite.

Currently these maps are playable:

Empire's Edge · Monte Grappa · Amiens · Sinai Desert · Giant's Shadow

Amiens fits perfectly for this game mode.

Why Monte Grappa should be abandoned from "Back to Basics" Game Mode:

So I was playing all maps quite some time so I came to the conclusion that Monte Grappa shouldn't be playable in BTB Game Mode IMO.
Not only once, it happend that our team quickly conquered all flags except the A-Flag, where the enemy team was trapped then and our whole team had an excellent overview from the mountains and we were **** the enemy team. Same happens if a team captures all flags except E Flag. The problem here is that on this map you can only get to the other side through the tunnel or beside the tunnel (C-Flag), which is almost impossible to pass by in such scenario. On all other Maps if enemy team has most of the flags you still are able to flank/drive with vehicles to the other side of the map.

Instead Monte Grappa, Fao Fortress could be implemented. Or even better, I can imagine that all maps are playable in Back to Basics except Monte Grappa and maybe Argonne Forest (Despite the fact that I'd like to try this map out too)!

So bring us also:

• Fao Fortress
• Ballroom Blitz
• St. Quentin Scar

• Argonne Forest

Post edited by AFROSRB on

Comments

• LieutenantVixen
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This sounds more like a complaint about Monte Grappa itself. One that is, however, inevitable due tot he nature of the place. It's a valley. It's constricted. If you get pushed to either end of it, you have to bash your head against the wall, as the Austrians did.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds more like an incompent team then a map problem. Plus you are using iron sight rifles. It's not like you've all got 40x scopes and the enemy can't step a toe out of spawn. Plenty of room to flank out of A/E just needs a tiny bit of gray matter.

Honestly the fact Scar isn't in Back to Basics bothers me. They could've give us the Church sector to the first trench sector deep in German lines
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    This sounds more like a complaint about Monte Grappa itself. One that is, however, inevitable due tot he nature of the place. It's a valley. It's constricted. If you get pushed to either end of it, you have to bash your head against the wall, as the Austrians did.

Not really... although indeed Monte Grappa is one of my most not liked maps ever, my complaint about the Map is the combination with the BTB Game Mode. The problem I've mentioned I experienced few times only in Back to Basics Game Mode, never on normal Conquest Mode! Here you don't have armoured vehicles or planes which makes it nearly impossible to make a comeback.
  • kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was surprised ballroom wasn't on this mode. People could actually use their springfield infantry.