So why can you still select to join foreign lobbies?

LT--SHiNySiDeZ87
13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Tired of seeing UAE, KSA, BR, and **** in American servers skipping around and running in place. High pingers need to be kicked asap. It has been an issue for a long time and you guys have yet to address the issue.

Comments

• dcs500
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't of thought it would be that difficult to implement a maximum ping feature, but I guess there just aren't that many servers compared to players worldwide.
    I still think getting rid of Quickmatch would solve half the out of region lag problems.
  • Twistality
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's what happens when you sell a multiplayer game in countries where regional servers are not provided. It's all about the money.
  • BoogieMan-1978
    601 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's what happens when you sell a multiplayer game in countries where regional servers are not provided. It's all about the money.

Wait a minute! Are you telling me that DICE and EA are trying to make money off of us!?

Of all lf the dirty, low down, no good things a company could do!
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is a thread called Hit detection in the forums where a dev is commenting on some of these issues . So there is hope
  • emerson1975
    613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If it makes you feel any better it's the same situation on pc.
  • JBModz1
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    instead of double xp weekends it should be ping cap weekends, 100 or less. and if your connection isnt stable enough you get put back in spawn screen or bad luck out. oor and wifi just craps out the servers.
  • CHAOTIC_PIEMAN
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They dont have servers
  • TamKingski
    1790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Its because EA/dice are too cheap to provide servers in all regions they sell the game. Why spend money on servers when they can just allow players to jump on any regions servers, EA/dice dont care if you have a bad experience due to out of region/lag/high pings,they already have your cash.

As someone already pointed out,its all about that money,and the only way to change that mindset is to hurt EA/dice wallets by not buying any dlc or future games untill they do something about the lack of servers for other regions. But we all know that wont happen on a scale that they are going to notice so nothing will change.
  • LT--SHiNySiDeZ87
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Most of the answers I agree with and like, but all the money they have made off us and they still took servers away from BF3 I believe i was actually some European servers and took away other servers and caused this issue to become worse. I honestly don't understand why ping locks aren't in place if they don't wanna region lock. It is crazy that 1 guy can lag a whole lobby up with an insane ping.
  • P1Fanatic
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    "dcs500 wrote: »
    I still think getting rid of Quickmatch would solve half the out of region lag problems.

I actually find most of the time quickmatch servers perform better than using server browser which sucks with its limited server display and poor filters.
  • Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How dare you actually complain about a real frustrating problem with the game. I agree 100%. Been saying this for years.
  • AmericanBadAzz23
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The only argument I hear is the OOR should be able to play with their friends in a different region. Fine but that should be the only way to do it. By only allowing OOR to join a friend and not any other way would reduce the problem significantly. Most just join foreign servers for no reason. Agree?
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only argument I hear is the OOR should be able to play with their friends in a different region. Fine but that should be the only way to do it. By only allowing OOR to join a friend and not any other way would reduce the problem significantly. Most just join foreign servers for no reason. Agree?

I personally feel that oor players that want to group with friends should only be allowed on a private server so as to not influence regular server players. Then it's up to that servers admins whether they can stay in that server with a high ping rate?
  • LT--SHiNySiDeZ87
    I don't care what they do, but when you join a server and half the names in it start or end in BR or KSA is somewhere in it I have an issue. The lobby becomes laggy as hell, hit detection mine as well be RNG detected, and they sure seem to take about 2x the bullets that everyone else does. I mean honestly it is ridiculous this is still even a thing after all the complaints for the last 5 years about it.
    Dice obviously thinks there **** don't stink and smells like roses which is pretty far from the truth. This game has major issues with it just like BF4 and has some of the same issues BF4 had in it, which is hard to fathom as they had 3 years to fix that game up after release and it was still a mess. Then they had more time when they created BF1, then they had a beta test for the game and still have issues from previous BF games in it. I am almost to the point of getting rid of Dice games completely like I have any game that has Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer, and Treyarch on it.
    Point is I'm tired of getting half **** games and paying full price to be a test dummy for companies. Games need to start being released right or I am done giving up my money. Which I will gladly waste on a new gun, fishing combo, or boating gear.
  • FlopTrain
    506 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    If DICE/EA don't address the root of the problem(out of region play coupled with high ping/latency connections) nothing will ever change.

They don't want to address this issue either because as long as EA has DICE developing the game with lag compensation for bad connections, they don't have to provide proper server support, in regions they sell the game to.

EA is greedy as all hell,.. they have our money already,..the quality of our online gaming experience is an after thought. If it is thought of at all. Evidenced by their constant ignoring of this issue.

Why are there no ping locked regional servers for folks wanting to play locally without issues? Just a few of these in the rotation? It would be so easy to do.

Answer-Dice/EA simply don't care!
    Post edited by FlopTrain on
  • LT--SHiNySiDeZ87
    Yep this game turns into a massive lagfest after 11pm. After 2am (when I get home from work) this game is almost unplayable. Last night there was 4 yes 4 people in a lobby that were American all the rest were Japanese and Arabic. I have an issue with our servers being flooded with lag and high ping. Watching people skip as they run or jitterbug is unacceptable. This issue needs to be dealt with. Otherwise EA and Dice are gonna lose a lot of customers over it.
  • FlopTrain
    edited February 2017
    Yep this game turns into a massive lagfest after 11pm. After 2am (when I get home from work) this game is almost unplayable. Last night there was 4 yes 4 people in a lobby that were American all the rest were Japanese and Arabic. I have an issue with our servers being flooded with lag and high ping. Watching people skip as they run or jitterbug is unacceptable. This issue needs to be dealt with. Otherwise EA and Dice are gonna lose a lot of customers over it.

Unfortunately DICE/EA doesn't lose enough customers for it to make an impact.

Because DICE/EA have been ignoring the issues created by high ping/latency OoR play for years and people still buy their games! I knew it would be like this and I bought BF1, anyways!

Too many customers are uninformed about the issues, and their is always a fresh crop of oblivious customers to sell their new game to, that don't know it is going to have the all same issues as the last one.

DICE keeps developing on top of the Frostbite engine and it shows. Alot of the server netcode issues we have been experiencing due to the lag comp in the code are apparent, in every subsequent release.
  • SchwartzJesuzII
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I rarely see people lagging ingame honestly, and I have 150h in the game so far.
    I quite like to play with my brazilian friends, even though I play from Europe. Don't take that away from me ;)
  • FlopTrain
    I rarely see people lagging ingame honestly, and I have 150h in the game so far.
    I quite like to play with my brazilian friends, even though I play from Europe. Don't take that away from me ;)

We need servers with local matchmaking that don't allow these types of region hoppers in them. Then they can all get together in the International servers and have their lag fest. I am sick of it.

FYI, just because you don't see other players lagging doesn't mean lag comp isn't effecting your gameplay, in every server you are on.

Also, if you are not seeing issues with this game you don't know what to look for, or are not paying attention.