This Week in Battlefield V

Field of view settings

creepNpeep
727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
So I've seen this setting in the options but I've never messed with it.
There also a messge that says that performance can be effected if you mess with this.

I've just got used to how the game plays on default settings so I've just left it as it is.

So out of curiosity, what does this setting change? The amount you can see in screen, left and right?
And in what way can performance be effected?

Comments

• JBModz1
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    no performance loss for me at 85, it makes a world of difference for me though. at 55 it feels so sluggish im almost breaking the stick trying to run faster, feels like dragging a sack of potatoes.
  • creepNpeep
    727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yo,

So what does this setting adjust exactly?
  • spuitpoepertjie
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Simply put, you see more to the left, right, up and down at a time. Default feels like running around with blinkers on so I've set mine to 90 with no discernable performance issues. No more than usual anyway.
  • creepNpeep
    edited January 2017
    Ah, this is interesting.
    I have a good setup, tv/audio & internet.
    I may give this a go..

So I'm assuming that everything on screen is therefore scaled down, smaller, in order to get more on screen?
  • TaCtiCaL323
    525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play with it at 120 (max) and have for quite a while now. Yes, you get the fishbowl effect when you first change it. It's goofy af....BUT, after a few hours you don't see it and you have an insanely wide view. You can see everything. I could never go back to default.

Performance wise the ONLY issue I get is some flickering of the grass on top of and around C flag on Monte Grappa.

I do play on the Pro.

• creepNpeep
    Ah, I see.
    I also have a Pro.

I'll play around with the setting and see how I get on.

Thanks for your insight.
  • TaCtiCaL323
    525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    creepNpeep wrote: »
    Ah, I see.
    I also have a Pro.

I'll play around with the setting and see how I get on.

Thanks for your insight.

It really is goofy at first, you're going to be like wtf if you put it at 120, but my God once the fisheye effect goes away it feels so damn right. It also makes it seem like you're running way faster even though you aren't.

Seriously though, no way I could go back.
  • creepNpeep
    edited January 2017
    Hmm, this is very interesting.
    I may settle for a half way mark and only adjust it half way. Best of both and all that.
    Got a couple of things to do but I'll jump online later and mess around.

Cheers dude.

Am I right in saying that you can adjust both normal field of view and ads field of view?
  • TaCtiCaL323
    creepNpeep wrote: »
    Hmm, this is very interesting.
    I may settle for a half way mark and only adjust it half way. Best of both and all that.
    Got a couple of things to do but I'll jump online later and mess around.

Cheers dude.

Am I right in saying that you can adjust both normal field of view and ads field of view?

I have only ever changed one setting. I think the ads might just be determined by the zoom?
  • creepNpeep
    Ah ok.
    I'll see what's what later this afternoon.
  • CoMMiTT3d
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I play with it at 120 (max) and have for quite a while now. Yes, you get the fishbowl effect when you first change it. It's goofy af....BUT, after a few hours you don't see it and you have an insanely wide view. You can see everything. I could never go back to default.

Performance wise the ONLY issue I get is some flickering of the grass on top of and around C flag on Monte Grappa.

I do play on the Pro.

Do the graphics glitch out on other maps? Charlie hallway on Ballroom, the natural lighting glitches out for me, I have shot at a clump of grass or two on Grappa.
  • TaCtiCaL323
    CoMMiTT3d wrote: »

I do play on the Pro.

Do the graphics glitch out on other maps? Charlie hallway on Ballroom, the natural lighting glitches out for me, I have shot at a clump of grass or two on Grappa.

I've never noticed anything on any other map but it happens on Monte Grappa 100% of the time. Not a big deal but definitely buggy.

I admittedly don't spend a lot of time around C on Ballroom. It may have happened but I never noticed it. I will keep my eyes open next time I'm in there though. Does it happen every game? Do you play at 120?
  • tytlyf33
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The wider you make it, the further away enemies and objects are in the middle of the screen. Smaller targets as a result of wider view.
  • creepNpeep
    Gotcha.
  • bmatazz
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Change mine last night made it so much better set half way you will be surprised how better it looks
  • misisipiRivrRat
    821 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After reading in this post yesterday I messed with the settings as well. Set about halfway and I like it. Like the guy above says, it also seems like you're moving faster.
  • creepNpeep
    Didn't have a chance to mess around with this yesterday but I will jump on later and check it out. :+1:
  • bmatazz
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You should it make the game much better ps change the size of the min map
  • dICEHOUSE
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Listened to Tactical323 and changed it last night. Uggh.. I literally got torn to shreds. Was CQ on TDM though. I'm sure the few beers I had didn't assist me well either. Maybe give it more time?
  • creepNpeep
    edited January 2017
    Messed around with it a little earlier.
    Seems to also knocks your aiming out, as if your sensitivity is effected.
    Presumably because the scale of the visuals alters when you adjust the field of view.
    I've knocked it up a touch above default.
    Seems ok.
    I'll mess with it more tomorrow and maybe work up the adjustment gradually.

I couldn't notice a great deal, but as I say, I've only adjusted it slightly for now.