Field of view settings

2»

Comments

• TG_JAZZY
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im thinking it would affect muscle memory and the data that your eyes send to the brain.ingame sensitivity will be the same.
    Sounds like a move for the better though and seeing more of the field is definatly a plus,personally I would and may adjust it in smaller increments.
  • creepNpeep
    717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TG_JAZZY wrote: »
    Im thinking it would affect muscle memory and the data that your eyes send to the brain.ingame sensitivity will be the same.
    Sounds like a move for the better though and seeing more of the field is definatly a plus,personally I would and may adjust it in smaller increments.

Yes, that's my thinking too.
    I'll be doing the same and seeing how I get on.
  • TaktikzPS4
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I never even bothered to think to adjust the FOV settings, after reading this thread yesterday I tried it last night.. First I put it up max (120 horizontal) and it was really good at first when I played TDM on Argonne Forest, but then when Sinai Desert came up everything looked too small cos that maps so open, so I changed it to 80 and for me 80 seems perfect on all maps.

I also have the ADS Field of View set to off so when I zoom in the targets are still of a large size. Works well.
  • creepNpeep
    717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TaktikzPS4 wrote: »
    I never even bothered to think to adjust the FOV settings, after reading this thread yesterday I tried it last night.. First I put it up max (120 horizontal) and it was really good at first when I played TDM on Argonne Forest, but then when Sinai Desert came up everything looked too small cos that maps so open, so I changed it to 80 and for me 80 seems perfect on all maps.

I also have the ADS Field of View set to off so when I zoom in the targets are still of a large size. Works well.

Good to hear you are getting on well with it :+1:
  • blindsniper63
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    creepNpeep wrote: »
    Gotcha.

This is an example.

• Garrettose
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    creepNpeep wrote: »
    Yo,

So what does this setting adjust exactly?

One way I know how to describe what it does is, if you remember older games like metal gear solid, the enemy would have a cone to show you what they're seeing, if you were to make their FoV higher, the cone would get wider so that means he sees more. A problem with changing your FoV, textures don't load when they should for example if you were looking at a tree from a distance it might look like it doesn't have any leaves on it but when you get closer all of a sudden leaves would appear. That why the settings say performance may be affected.