*Updated 3-11-17* Testing your Connection - All Server IP's and Locations

Schmo13
106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited March 2017
Just a few things that can be done to ensure you have a decent connection to the servers.

The first obvious is speedtest and pingtest
For "advanced" basics and UOTrace tutorial go to EA support site - Ea connection-troubleshooting-basic (Scroll to test connection section)
Secondary option is PingPlotter, 14 day free pro trial. I recommend this over UOTrace.

BF1 Xbox Server List (Only one instance of many)

North America
Washington D.C. - 159.153.155.76
Califonia, San Jose - 159.153.87.85

South America
Brazil, Sao_Paulo - 185.50.105.107

Antartica - No Servers Found

**Africa
Neterlands, South Holland, Capelle aan den IJssel - 185.179.200.210

Europe
Ireland, Dublin - 159.153.34.179

**Asia
Tokyo, Chiyoda - 109.200.222.30
*India, Mumbai - 185.179.202.196
*China, Beijing - 45.239.136.210 _ Not a definitive location

Oceania
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney - 175.45.89.36

Do Not Post Your IP addresses if asking questions!

**I had direct links in here to EA site and speed/ping test, but apparently they are not allowed. This was the only way to get it posted.
Post edited by Schmo13 on

Comments

• Schmo13
    While not as accurate there are also android based apps that these can be run through on mobile.

Also some Linux based programs out there too.
  • Club-Pleasure
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Avg 24ms.

I'm happy.
  • juhmu
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Is your xbox using ipv4 or ipv4 and ipv6 at the same time if you look your network details on xbox? Because Xbox one is working better if you are using ipv4 and ipv6. According to Microsoft, online gaming is better with ipv6
  • Schmo13
    Avg 24ms.

I'm happy.

Jitter and packet loss are more important variables. I mean low ping is great, but without stability its useless.
  • Brian_Kier
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    what are the ideal settings for online play?
  • Schmo13

In reference to? Routers? Typically you'll set up address reservation or static ip to the console, port forward the required ports. Establish open NAT and a clear packet path. Set QoS to place the console at the highest priority above anything else. There is also MTU settings to prevent packet fragmentation. There are other options depending on the equipment.

Wired Connection
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Schmo13 wrote: »

In reference to? Routers? Typically you'll set up address reservation or static ip to the console, port forward the required ports. Establish open NAT and a clear packet path. Set QoS to place the console at the highest priority above anything else. There is also MTU settings to prevent packet fragmentation. There are other options depending on the equipment.

Wired Connection

I suggest to stay away from MTU adjustments as much as possible. Typically today's routers are auto optimized.
  • Club-Pleasure
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Avg 24ms.

I'm happy.

Jitter and packet loss are more important variables. I mean low ping is great, but without stability its useless.

Zero packet loss and 1ms jitter..
  • Club-Pleasure
    Avg 24ms.

I'm happy.

Zero packet loss and 1ms jitter..

13 hops from the server

I think I'm doing all right for a country with crappy internets..
  • Schmo13
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Wired Connection

I suggest to stay away from MTU adjustments as much as possible. Typically today's routers are auto optimized.

Its been years since i ever messed with it. That was before routers were so "smart". Default was always 1500 as i understood and dsl required a slightly different number. Like you said its unlikely to need to change it, but typically the setting is there.
  • Xenmus
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just a few things that can be done to ensure you have a decent connection to the servers.

The first obvious is speedtest and pingtest
    For "advanced" basics and UOTrace tutorial go to EA support site - Ea connection-troubleshooting-basic (Scroll to test connection section)
    Secondary option is PingPlotter, 14 day free pro trial.

BF1 Xbox Server List (Only one instance of many)
    North America
    Washington D.C. - 159.153.155.76
    Califonia, San Jose - 159.153.87.85

South America
    Brazil, Sao_Paulo - 185.50.105.107

Antartica - No Servers Found

Africa - No Servers Found

Europe
    Ireland, Dublin - 159.153.34.179

Asia
    Tokyo, Chiyoda - 109.200.222.30

Oceania
    Australia, New South Wales, Sydney - 175.45.89.36

Do Not Post Your IP addresses if asking questions!

Looked over forum **** and I didn't see anything against posting this kind of information.

**I had direct links in here to EA site and speed/ping test, but apparently they are not allowed. This was the only way to get it posted.

Can you post the IP address for the new Servers based in Dubai? I wanted to forward those to my isp so i can get better ping
  • Schmo13
    I can look into that probably tomorrow.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Have they been released?
  • Schmo13
    edited February 2017

Have they been released?

I honestly don't know, haven't been on today. I read an article earlier that said some servers were added today for a few regions.

South Africa, middle east, Hong Kong
  • Xenmus
    edited February 2017

Have they been released?

I honestly don't know, haven't been on today. I read an article earlier that said some servers were added today for a few regions.

South Africa, middle east, Hong Kong
    servers are here, but the middle east servers are under the region "Asia" with the UAE flag server number #4725. Africa servers show up when you type africa in the filter search bar.
  • Schmo13
    Yeah i had some trouble finding the new ones other than Africa. Had Australian servers coming up in the asian category and some other strangeness. Ill get them when i have more time
  • VoodooxHaze
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No wonder I ping 50 ms to euro servers they're in Dublin and the Netherlands. Are there any in Germany ?
  • Xenmus
    nvm, dubai server IP is 185.179.202.65
  • Xenmus
    No wonder I ping 50 ms to euro servers they're in Dublin and the Netherlands. Are there any in Germany ?

nope, only in netherlands and ireland.
  • portroyalmafia
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    my ping went up since update it was 30 now its 50ms plus i upgraded my internet