Why make the server start so hard DICE?

vjscope
30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
What I want to know is why do we need 10vs10 players to start a server?
And when we get those 10vs10 why do they have to press deploy in order to start the server?
And why does it say that you need 15vs15 to start the server? To confuse players more? (I understand that 15v15 starts faster than 10v10, but this is pure misinformation.)

I really want to know why this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ system. You get 20 players and maybe one of them has slow computer or connection and it takes him few minutes to join and the players leave. This system serves nobody. You browse servers and you see 4-5 servers that are full and many people in queue and some servers that don't get players because this system really, really sucks. I'm pretty sure that there are many posts about this, but it needs to be fixed and fast!!!

Comments

• vjscope
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I want to add that we do get our server full everyday but it would be nice if we didn't have to wait hours to do so. If anyone is tired of waiting, search 'ranut' in your server browser and join us (usually we start gaming at 15-17:00 UTC+2). Right now we have ~8 players here...
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    6 player start is in the works. It won't be in Feb patch but MAYBE March DLC release. MAYBE. They will be prioritizing RSP servers over Official servers in the server browser however so that should help some.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    no one would want to wait for 20 players to join a server for it to start.... that's why all servers are almost empty
  • vjscope
    NetRngr wrote: »
    6 player start is in the works. It won't be in Feb patch but MAYBE March DLC release. MAYBE. They will be prioritizing RSP servers over Official servers in the server browser however so that should help some.

It really shouldn't be this hard: Change the "x/15" to "x/10". It's easy to fix but, obviously, very confusing to players. You don't need full patch to fix such an easy problem...
  • Rombibombii
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NetRngr wrote: »

It really shouldn't be this hard: Change the "x/15" to "x/10". It's easy to fix but, obviously, very confusing to players. You don't need full patch to fix such an easy problem...

DICE works with a pre-made patching schedule. That is why simple things take quite long.
  • CrashCA
    1345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would argue, way TOO long
  • Hercules728
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    6 player start should have been in the roll out . To even be waiting for it is ridiculous . How are groups going to be able to start a server with a 20 player start ? What are they worried about stat padding ?
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    6 player start should have been in the roll out . To even be waiting for it is ridiculous . How are groups going to be able to start a server with a 20 player start ? What are they worried about stat padding ?

EA prefers 2,000 filled servers versus 15,000 quarter filled. It's a matter of perception.
  • Hercules728
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think they are worried of you stat padding , you would get too many garbage gun skins .
  • UgetBeat
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bf3 was 2 player start. They patched it to 4 soon after. Even a 4 player start was sometimes hard to start.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    UgetBeat wrote: »
    bf3 was 2 player start. They patched it to 4 soon after. Even a 4 player start was sometimes hard to start.

4p starts are not hard. You cannot purchase a server and just "expect" it to fill up.
  • FlopTrain
    506 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    So, how many players need to be in a server to start it be populated by Quickmatch?

It was 4 on BF4 and that worked really well...Why have they changed this?
  • Rev0verDrive
  • vjscope
    edited February 2017
    FlopTrain wrote: »
    So, how many players need to be in a server to start it be populated by Quickmatch?

It was 4 on BF4 and that worked really well...Why have they changed this?

You need 10v10 (or 20 in total) and the map reloads. Then all of those 20 players need to press deploy in order to start 1 minute counter and then the game starts. If you get 15v15, the counter is 5sec, I think. Usually what happens is that
    - some people are connecting slowly and less patient ones leave
    - people don't understand that they need to press deploy in order for the game counter to register you
    - see that it says "waiting for players to join, 15vs15 needed" and don't have patience
    - leave just to mess with you and you have to wait an hour or two more and you can't do anything unless all of the players leave and join back...
    Not only that, but I'm pretty sure that you get less players via Quick Match if your server has less than 20 players. Once the game finally starts, the server fills up in minutes. It's a mess!
  • UgetBeat
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    UgetBeat wrote: »

4p starts are not hard. You cannot purchase a server and just "expect" it to fill up.

In bf3 when you got 4 people in the server it DID JUST FILL UP. Thats how it has to be for these servers to sell as NOT half of you here could fill a bf1 server that has a 20 player count. Get real.

Point is I give you money you better make it easy for me to fill up. 35 bucks for a month is WAAAAYYY to much money. Then think of how hard its gon be for you to fill a server that has a 20 player start.

So please bright one. Tell us more about what you dont know about. Ill buy you a server just to prove TO YOU that you aint going to start a 20 player start. It would take you an hour and I dont have that hour.
  • Rev0verDrive
    20 is ridiculous. If you read the thread bright one, you'd understand I was talking about 4p and 6p not being hard to start.
  • FlopTrain
    506 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    P1asma wrote: »
    when EA instituted the min start players in BF2 (i think), what I remember them saying is they didn't want players to stat pad. Does anyone really care about their stats anymore?

If this is the reason DICE made server starts so difficult,..that is stupid.

I don't care about boosters. I don't care about anyone's stats. I never look at anybody's stats. I hardly look at my own.
  • Jaskaman
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Yeah this has been requested in many threads, I have been asking this in Twitter and Reddit. It should be 4p but even 6p seems to take some time... Statspadding is usually not the problem with servers, in our BF4 server if we saw someone statspadding (happened 5-6 times in 3 years), we warned him and if he didn't believe he was kicked out with reason: "Statspadding not allowed." But you can't do that in BF1 anyway, since you can't connect to server admin without playing the game....
    Anyway, I do not understand why it is taking this long time to change small things that should be there, also this RSP servers first in the server browser is not working properly.... I just hope that there is still BF1 activity when we get the things that are needed for BF1 RSP :) Seeing less and less players online for BF1 PC does not make me smile....