Weekly Debrief

Why the hell there are no K bullets in Back to Basics Mode ?

Narcizeus
96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited February 2017
Yep the question is simple ... Why the hell there are no K bullets in Back to Basics Mode while the support can have crossbow and mortar also assaults has their full at arsenal available.. Is there any explanation to this or is it just illogical ?
Post edited by Narcizeus on

Comments

• Nhamsiyuno
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wondered the same thing.

My guess the patch screwed it up as you could equip the k-bullets in fog of war custom game (pistol only)
  • kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Medics can only choose from med pouch, box, or syringe. No rifle grenades. That being said, probably because there are no tanks in B2B, that's why no k-bullets.
  • Narcizeus
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    No tanks does not clarify that object as assault has mine,anti tank grenade and AT-rocket in b2b, so that is a miss. (Yeah nevermind the rifle grenades i mixed it up.. (i was gonna say assault and at grenades i'll modify))

Also there are still vehicles in b2b which the k-bullet is actually more useful against..
  • 53MT3X-11
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes I've noticed this too but I think it's down to the mode wanting you to rely on the classes doing their roles to encourage teamwork. Assault should be taking on the vehicles, medics should keep people patched up and alive and support should keep people resupplied. K-Bullets are effective against cars, bikes etc which would break this.
    Back to Basics is good where it is right now with the exception of the rifle balance on some maps and the vehicle spawns being problematic on some maps.
    We've not got any hill campers with glinty scopes. There's no auto spam or masses of gas and grenade spam (except on the front line / choke). There's no real lone wolves taking out the entire enemy team solo. Everyone mostly works together in this mode.
  • CH1R0N83
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The thing is it's a lot easier to hit a fast moving armoured car at a distance with a k bullet than a mortar or even a rocket gun, since it has pretty slow projectiles and bad drop. And, as you say, they are most effective against light vehicles. If everyone ran scout with k bullets the light vehicles would be pretty much redundant.

Also, don't k bullets do additional damage to infantry? That might have been something else that they took into account when balancing.
  • Ggballday414
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Good question. Keep it rolling...