When & What to expect in next patch / patches

Comments

• FlopTrain
    506 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    splifire wrote: »
    FlopTrain wrote: »
    Prioritizing should be possible now, according to patch notes, but i don't know if anyone figured out how to manage that and i don't think you can force-join...

Owner should always be able to force join his server

Yeah, should be... but i have the feeling that Mr. Hassoon would consider this a 'bad player experience'

Yeah not a lot of faith in that dude, myself. Things have taken a poor direction, since he has been in charge of the RSP.
  • ElStryfe
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2017
    He thought he could re-invent the entire experience and make it better, but clearly he has no idea. I wanted badly for this game to take off and do well but the fact that after all of this time and "top priority" for the RSP and a sub-par update is all we get? By the time this game DOES get a decent RSP there wont be anymore players left to fill the servers.
  • Jabbajaws77
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, but having to join the game to kick/ban isn't so good either... first you have to get ON your (hopefully full) server, THEN you can kick/ban. It should be possible both from ingame playing and ingame server panel... poor design...

I nave tested this and you can also do it via spectator mode, which means you don't have to wait to get into a full server with a queue like ours are normally, I can just jump in spectator and kick/ban from there.

Jabbajaws77
  • Axlerod1
    1389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I appreciate all the feed back on this. I think I will still wait until next month to decide if getting a server is worth it.
    That will put it at the 6 month mark.
  • splifire
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, but having to join the game to kick/ban isn't so good either... first you have to get ON your (hopefully full) server, THEN you can kick/ban. It should be possible both from ingame playing and ingame server panel... poor design...

I nave tested this and you can also do it via spectator mode, which means you don't have to wait to get into a full server with a queue like ours are normally, I can just jump in spectator and kick/ban from there.

Jabbajaws77

Okay, i think that is a weird solution... but hey, at least an option... :(

• NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They don't need to leave the round, its an in game addon, you need to be in game to see the ban list and to be able to ban/kick people

Jabbajaws77

Well at least there's that. All other server stuff required being in the menus. We couldn't rent a server last night to test after the patch so yeah and the CTE didn't have access to the Admin tools to test so yeah. going on past stuff.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So, they didn't add seeding from quickmatch for rental servers?

@splifire Well, doesn't the server owner have priority when joining his server? I agree both options should be made available.

Still has to wait in a queue if there is one
  • FlopTrain
    edited February 2017
    NetRngr wrote: »
    So, they didn't add seeding from quickmatch for rental servers?

@splifire Well, doesn't the server owner have priority when joining his server? I agree both options should be made available.

Still has to wait in a queue if there is one

Server owner still has to sit in que, when he joins..it won't auto kick someone?

Can an admin ban from in spectator mode or does it have to be the server owner? Can admins ban/kick at all?

How many does the ban list hold? On BF4 it was only 100...
  • splifire
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Jabbajaws77 said it is possible from spectator mode. But let's say there are like 8 people in the queue, would you have to kick like 9 people to get on your Server? Seems weird, doesn't it?
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't they make it so admins priority joined?
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • NetRngr
    Didn't they make it so admins priority joined?

Yeah but that only puts em at the front of the queue. SO yeah found out they have added kick /ban to the in game menus so that's a plus and being able to kick/ban from spectator is another. Still the servers are a "fer piece" away from being anywhere near basic in the admin abilities. Seriously, Vote Map before say multiple admins etc? Really?
  • GuilhermeTozzi
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017

Sorry but this is nothing, they are "working on RSP Feedback fixes" since it released...
  • NetRngr
    edited February 2017
    Wow I have been gone 2 months and decided to pop in to see how this was progressing. Cool we got kick/ban!!, is that it? Like is anything else fixed?
    1. Do we still have to queue even as a server owner? (according to the thread yes)
    2. Can we assign admins? (according to the thread no)
    3. Is the server browser fixed? <No>
    4. Is 6 player start implemented? <No>
    5. when I search for hardcore/custom servers do they actually show? Or just DICE servers? <No, Some do but mainly DICE>
    6. Has anyone been able to properly populate their custom servers yet? (Official gets auto-traffic so doesn't count) <No QM Traffic... STILL!>
    7. Are there any other admin tools available? <Well you are supposed to be able to toggle SL Spawn only and Behemoth on/off but yeah not showing up>
    8. What can we expect from the March patch? <At this point who the F knows?>

I actually feel ripped off. We were told RSP would follow "shortly" after release. Remember that list of questions @Braddock512 was getting answers for? What a joke that turned out to be, quality effort there B-rad!. Being an avid BF3/4 player I trusted (like a silly little bittch) that their implementation of a Procon replacement would either be up to par or surpass Procon. Boy was I wrong, this whole process seems like it was a money grab from the start. Perhaps to fund a non-existent RSP.

I really wish this was done properly, it could have been an awesome game. Personally for me it is already boring and dull, decent RSP/Progression/Custom servers give depth to these types of games and keep players thirsty for more . Does DICE wonder why people have gone back to BF4? Or are they just that stupid?

See my annotations to the quoted text. I wouldn't be too hard on Braddock. He did what he was asked to do. Its the dev team and thier screwed up prioritization process that has caused this.
  • FlopTrain
    edited February 2017
    So, if your rented server is set to Official settings, how many player's need to be in it to start receiving players from Quickmatch?
    Post edited by FlopTrain on
  • NetRngr
    I may be wrong but I dont think RSP servers are getting QM traffic at all. I may be wrong and it could be just custom servers but my understanding is no RSP servers are receiving QM traffic. at least they weren't when we had ours. They may have fixed the issue for default settings servers but it wasn't when we refunded ours. That's what caused us to refund them.
  • FlopTrain
    edited February 2017
    ^Well how do they get populated then? I am guessing they are not and that is just another legit gripe folks have.

How did DICE screw this up so bad? Official settings Rented servers got populated from Quickmatch after 4 players were in, on BF4.

What was wrong with that?
  • WarCriminal_954
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    NetRngr wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I dont think RSP servers are getting QM traffic at all. I may be wrong and it could be just custom servers but my understanding is no RSP servers are receiving QM traffic. at least they weren't when we had ours. They may have fixed the issue for default settings servers but it wasn't when we refunded ours. That's what caused us to refund them.

correct. they're not receiving QM traffic. had a look last night. actually saw 2 private servers on the browser but were 2/64 players. my own server (the one we could not get refunded), still remains empty as well.
    ^Well how do they get populated then? I am guessing they are not and that is just another legit gripe folks have.

How did DICE screw this up so bad? Official settings Rented servers got populated from Quickmatch after 4 players were in, on BF4.

they hired the wrong person to lead the team. it's as simple as that.

• Rev0verDrive
    edited February 2017

Just to be clear for others that read this thread.

ONLY "Official servers" received QM in BF4. No admin abilities, no plugins, no altering settings etc. Barenaked official ranked.

All the other setups had to seed, promote and properly admin their servers to keep them full. It's not EA or Dice job to fill your server.

As far as BF1 is concerned it is their job to provide a browser that actually works.
This discussion has been closed.