*sticky* - New BF4 UI for PC - Update Live Now.

eztarget77
225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited March 2017
This was introduced with much fanfare in the consoles' versions of BF4. I wonder if it will eventually make its way into the PCsince it was much talked about.. Not that I am in love with the new UI, I just hate Battlelog with a passion.
Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on

Comments

• BigF33t_13
    6601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    There's no time frame.
  • eztarget77
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    There's no time frame.

Does that mean that they left BF4 PC behind for good?
  • GOGETA54
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The UI Update was first planned for BF1 release.

I think we can forget about the new UI. We will never see it
  • NOVA-GOA
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There is no ETA for it but honestly atm I prefer BL over the UI.

i second that much better IMHO.
  • Madeguy25
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's been canned
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12093 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Madeguy25 wrote: »
    It's been canned

It has not actually, Just because there is no ETA for the BF4 UI patch to drop, It does not mean it has been "Canned".

Misinformation makes one look silly when they are proved otherwise.
  • NOVA-GOA
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    well looks like the new UI will be out in spring. what a shame it will have the same server browser issues as BF1 which i assume is going to be the same. looks like i wont be playing it after that. i will refuse to launch the game through it even though battlelog will be still active. this is the email confirming it.

An important change is coming to your Battlefield 4 experience for PC. The new Battlefield user interface - already available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Battlefield 4 players - will be introduced for PC players in early Spring, 2017. This UI provides a more intuitive and centralized experience for all your Battlefield games. Changes include:

• Functionality for squad creation before you enter a match.

• A recommendation engine to suggest relevant maps, modes, and more.

• A unified user interface allowing you to launch Battlefield 1 from your Battlefield 4 client (if you own both games.)

Note that Battlelog will still be available on battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4 after this new UI is rolled out.

• eztarget77
    edited February 2017
    Great news. I get hives from Battlelog.
  • BigF33t_13
    6601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    eztarget77 wrote: »
    Great news. I get hives from Battlelog.

I get hives from the bf1 browser.
  • VultureX3
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1 itself plan sucks I wasted my money on that game - just to many dislikes to even talk about. oh well been playing Titanfall 2 but I'm getting bored with it so I'm trying to get back into BF4 again. I personally like BF4's battlelog so why change a part of the game that is not broke. ah well
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12093 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The part you guys are going to like, Is that those of you whom prefer Battlelog.. You will still be able to launch BF4 via Battlelog if you so wish.

You will have a choice of either the new UI launcher or Battlelog.
  • Kamui18
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited February 2017
    One Year and a few month i can't play BF4 on my PC. The Battlelog won't work with my Browser (Firefox 64bit). You have decided not to support the browser and i trust no other browser.
  • GypsyTango
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Kamui18 wrote: »
    One Year and a few month i can't play BF4 on my PC. The Battlelog won't work with my Browser (Firefox 64bit). You have decided not to support the browser and i trust no other browser.

No problems with it here.
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    866 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If they gonna use the steaming pile of goatpoop from bf1, i will not touch it....not even wearing a hazardsuit.
  • Gen-Stickbo
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The part you guys are going to like, Is that those of you whom prefer Battlelog.. You will still be able to launch BF4 via Battlelog if you so wish.

This is good news for sure as anyone who plays bf1 will tell you just how broken the ingame browser is. What I would like to know though, is the rest of the functionality of battlelog gonna stay? Like being able to see what server your friends are playing in, platoons, battlereports, and so on??? Launching into a server from bl is nice, but it's really the rest of it that makes it shine. I assumed all of those that hate battlelog are the one's who don't play bf1 regularly.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3860 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

This is good news for sure as anyone who plays bf1 will tell you just how broken the ingame browser is. What I would like to know though, is the rest of the functionality of battlelog gonna stay? Like being able to see what server your friends are playing in, platoons, battlereports, and so on??? Launching into a server from bl is nice, but it's really the rest of it that makes it shine. I assumed all of those that hate battlelog are the one's who don't play bf1 regularly.

As far as I know BL isnt going to change and will remain the same but there is always that possibility but I highly doubt it as that would probably require a huge overhaul.

-CB
  • Gen-Stickbo
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

As far as I know BL isnt going to change and will remain the same but there is always that possibility but I highly doubt it as that would probably require a huge overhaul.

-CB

excellent news, thank you !!
  • LOLGotYerTags
    edited February 2017
    Yeah Battlelog will not be changing.

Uprise will continue to do the occasional bit of maintenance on-site however the primary launcher for most will be directly through BF4's new UI though you will be able to launch BF4 via Battlelog if you prefer to use Battlelog's pluginless launcher.

Platoons, Feeds and such will remain largely the same.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Kamui18 wrote: »

No issues with BL on Chrome, FF 32 & 64bit, Opera, Safari, IE.... all latests versions.

check your extensions/plugins for conflicts.