Aim Assist is a problem

Jedi76
828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 2017
This Aim Assist thing needs addressing.

I was playing last night, and just observing how it has an effect on the game.

I kid you not, a guy was literally standing near our spawn with the Martini-Henry and snap-headshotting people for fun.

He must have got about 20 of our guys in what I would consider extremely rapid succession, no-one could do this with standard aiming, just not possible. They were literally dropping like flies, re-spawning and dropping again, not even getting chance to retaliate.

He was doing this even with the long reload time of the MH...

Comments

• BoogieMan-1978
    601 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Does aim assist effect the game? Sure, of course. Its no where near as strong as people make it out to be though.

It is not an aim bot, it does not remove ALL skill from the game. There are still plenty of people getting melted in every server.

I wish the aim assist were not as strong as it is, I wish it did not effect the game as much as it does. That being said the Devs have stated flat out that they think aim assist is needed on consoles. Which means it is not going away.

Our onky option is to deal with it and hope it is nerfed somewhat.
  • blindsniper63
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    im a 1st generation gamer.....thats code for older than gods donkey :-) and for someone like me who suffers with a lifetime of manual labour hands, aim assist enables me to enjoy the game the same as you do, but i can see how the game you described would be infuriating, if that happened to you every game and to a lot of others then i would say yes, nerf it, but i for one dont have that much of a problem, i get put on my butt a lot, but thats because i play for the win, all i would say is ,if your finding it a problem on a game, switch servers and try again, thats what i do when i get into a match with too many snipers. :-)

My name says it all.
  • dreadpiratedylan
    64 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    does aim assist even work? i have only noticed it working 3or4 times in multiplayer ( a lot more in the single player game ) i have tried it turned on/off and found no difference. is it me, the game or servers?
  • Skill4Reel
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    does aim assist even work? i have only noticed it working 3or4 times in multiplayer ( a lot more in the single player game ) i have tried it turned on/off and found no difference. is it me, the game or servers?

I have auto rotation turned off and I still feel the game yanking and pulling on my aiming reticle as the aim assist tries to follow targets. It is impossible not to notice it. I agree that there is no difference with auto rotation aim assist turned on/off, and that is a huge problem that needs to be looked into.

• SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Skill4Reel wrote: »

I have auto rotation turned off and I still feel the game yanking and pulling on my aiming reticle as the aim assist tries to follow targets. It is impossible not to notice it. I agree that there is no difference with auto rotation aim assist turned on/off, and that is a huge problem that needs to be looked into.

There's definitely a difference. I had always played with it off, and switched it on just to test it for a day. It's so strong with it on that it's hard to miss. Obviously there's a method to getting it to lock on, and that's to tap the aim button until it snaps on them. With an iron-sight rifle, it's very powerful. I went beast-mode on a match on Giant's Shadow doing this. I do notice that even with it off, though, it still tries to drag my aim to an emeny, but it really just screws up your aim when you aren't expecting this to happen.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just try and quickscope enemies instead of slowly aiming, you'll feel it moving things around.
  • denjoga
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Jedi76 wrote: »
    This Aim Assist thing needs addressing.

I was playing last night, and just observing how it has an effect on the game.

I kid you not, a guy was literally standing near our spawn with the Martini-Henry and snap-headshotting people for fun.

He must have got about 20 of our guys in what I would consider extremely rapid succession, no-one could do this with standard aiming, just not possible. They were literally dropping like flies, re-spawning and dropping again, not even getting chance to retaliate.

He was doing this even with the long reload time of the MH...

Sounds more like a spawn problem than an aim assist problem.
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aim assist is a problem OP.

However it's not relevant in your statement, sniper rifles in BF1 on console have absolutely NO aim assist at all, no drag and sniper rifles have never had snap to in any bf title.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    b2tchwood wrote: »

However it's not relevant in your statement, sniper rifles in BF1 on console have absolutely NO aim assist at all, no drag and sniper rifles have never had snap to in any bf title.

Lol. My pocket aimbot disagrees.

You are right, up until BF1 no sniper had aim assist.

Times change.
  • Forkbeard84
    1540 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think aim assist is good for the console. Aiming quickly with a joystick is difficult enough. I vote to keep aim assist on the console.
  • 69GTOJudge
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This game has snap to Aim Assist like crazy
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017

Martini-Henry is not a sniper rifle, it's an infantry rifle with iron sights...
  • KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Ehh yes they have. And same was in bf 4
  • Pokerbigshot
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017

yeah im the same, Im sure im playing a different game to everyone else if i jump off a high ledge i cant pull out my parachute due to latency, If im flying a plane and i drop the 8 bombs they dissapear When i aim i get no aim assist, I have experienced aim assist remotely in they verry few decent servers i get (1 in 100 games) and it is rediculous.

Kinda glad im always 2 sec behind everyones connection cause it makes me faster and more accurate in the long run.... Not to toot my own horn but im rediculously skilled, checkout my latest compilation from my youtube. plus the 40+ other vids on my channel
  • e-Sparta_Rambo
    387 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Does aim assist effect the game? Sure, of course. Its no where near as strong as people make it out to be though.

It is not an aim bot, it does not remove ALL skill from the game. There are still plenty of people getting melted in every server.

I wish the aim assist were not as strong as it is, I wish it did not effect the game as much as it does. That being said the Devs have stated flat out that they think aim assist is needed on consoles. Which means it is not going away.

Our onky option is to deal with it and hope it is nerfed somewhat.

Whats that old saying, if it aint going from Battlefield, we re going from Battlefield. Multiplayer is all about skill, so you re either 1 timer, casual, semi pro or a pro. 1 timers and casuals dont care if they kill or get kill, they dont care if they go double negative its all about fun and gameplay for them. For semis and pro its all about the skill. Keep the auto slowdown, remove the snappy bit (auto rotation) and battlefield will be nearly as good as it used to be.
  • widdy2
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think aim assist is good for the console. Aiming quickly with a joystick is difficult enough. I vote to keep aim assist on the console.

Yes, but assist is all it should do. Auto rotation is doing the work for the user. I just use slowdown as I want some assist and the gunplay is great. Sadly it's all the others that use both assist that have killed the gunplay. Far too many high ranking players abusing it imo.