Weekly BF

Battlelog updates - Previously unlisted

therealroksteady
58 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
edited October 8
With regards to recent threads about Battlelog updates (or the lack thereof), I wanted to just briefly list some of the most notable I've been involved with since the last announced one on the old Battlelog forum.

Apologies for the last maintenance message which was a bit misleading - there were only back-end work done local to Battlelog - no in-game changes. Nothing broken, nothing damaged.

Fixes:
  • Platoons: Visiting a Platoon when not logged in gives Internal Server Error
  • BF4: Live Scoreboard only works on PC platform.
  • BFH: While fixing Console live scoreboard - BFH live scoreboard broke.
  • BF3: Favourite battlereports aren't kept.
  • BF3, BF4: Battlereports for both games count towards the same max number of favourites making the two "conflict": Separated the limits AND increased them!
  • BFH: Purchasing a Battlepack in Origin using real currency does not award the user the Battlepack properly. (Note: No packs lost, just delayed until the fix!)

Updates/Info:
  • 2019-03-10: Game reports: Due to an archival decision, The raw (full) data for Game reports turning older than 18 months will be unavailable. The Battlelog web interface will eventually be updated to reflect this.
  • 2019-03-11: Game reports: >:) Due to a bug in the game report back-end, combined with the above archival, even listing the game reports will fail for some users.

Updates 2019-11-08:
  • BFH: Server browser: Default filters updated; no slot filtering. Should more rarely show "No servers found" for those with default filters.
  • BF4: Server browser: Default filters updated; Now includes full servers and servers with 10+ slots. Will show a more truthful picture of how active BF4 actually is and will no longer hide the most popular servers.
  • All games: Server browser default page size changed from 30 to 60. Will more correctly include the matching servers in server browser results.
Post edited by therealroksteady on

Comments

• Collision_TN
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Have we yet to expand Battlelog friendlist as in Origin?
    I don't really like to keep my Origin friendlist under 100 friends just to prevent old friends from getting deleted/disappeared on Battlelog.
  • therealroksteady
    58 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    I don't really like to keep my Origin friendlist under 100 friends just to prevent old friends from getting deleted/disappeared on Battlelog.

There is no plan to do so currently. Sorry.
  • BRAK_Ghost
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My tank eliminations are missing, the pc shows that I'm with 97,798 eliminations, and in the application of mobile shows another value and exclusions, and outside 99,117 hours of gameplay and other things that do not update, I want to play more that discourages me, I thank you..
  • eSyn-bazil1965
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Platoon score and Battle reports are once again having issues and are not registering..
    Can we please have this fixed asap, thanks.
  • therealroksteady
    Platoon score and Battle reports are once again having issues and are not registering..
    Can we please have this fixed asap, thanks.

If you mean Battlefield Hardline, issue started happening over the easter holiday and has been fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • therealroksteady
    We've also found a subset of BF4 servers! (27 on PC and 8 on PS4) which didn't register reports due to running a wrong patch version. They'll be taken care of soon!

This might explain certain rare contacts I've gotten concerning reports and live scoreboard which I couldn't find other explanations for ...

Yay, fixing the bugs! :).
  • therealroksteady
    * BF4, BFH: The Geo Leaderboards for Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline on Playstation 4 have been reset today.
  • Collision_TN
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @therealroksteady still no plans? :smiley:

@therealroksteady Still no news? :smiley:
  • therealroksteady
    @therealroksteady still no plans? :smiley:

@therealroksteady Still no news? :smiley:

Rebuild of friends API (which is needed) is not planned currently. Battlelog is on life support. Sorry (I kindof want it myself. Battlelog is a smooth way to manage your friends, right? :) )
  • Marten2018
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I hope that before you have any change action, You can deal with a criminal's criminal ruling first.

This guy collects money from players and creates many 140-level rookie players.
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/zh/user/QQ2423428698/

I hope that he can pursue his criminal behavior before deleting any evidence.

I mean, although it is impossible to take legal action directly, But you can match him to other players he has helped.

Clear statistics and block accounts, The reason is very simple. He is the head of the DDoS attack on the Asia server.

In Asia today multiplayer mode has died, I hope he can pay the relevant legal cost for this.
  • Marten2018
    @therealroksteady
    Do you have any news?

Because the current situation in Asia is very bad, We have to hide the IP address of the server, Minimize the possibility of being heavily DDoS attacked.

We will have no servers to play in Asia, I need your help!
  • therealroksteady
    Marten2018 wrote: »
    @therealroksteady
    Do you have any news?

Because the current situation in Asia is very bad, We have to hide the IP address of the server, Minimize the possibility of being heavily DDoS attacked.

We will have no servers to play in Asia, I need your help!

I understand what you're saying but like I said before - preventing targeted ddos is nothing Battlelog can help with. We can obscure IPs, but we cannot make them secret :disappointed:

Without a detailed discussion I can't help the server provider either. If I was running a server I would probably place OpenBSD pf (packet filter) in front of it and work with userland logging and detection and blocking of bad actors that way.. it shouldn't be too hard to weed all the bad ones out and block them.

Of course, if the attack is 100% just traffic VOLUME that even the routers outside of the server cannot take, then that's harder to really do anything about on a server-specific level.
  • Marten2018
    I mean, please start by remove the server IP address from the Battlelog.

To request i3D.NET to change the IP address range, This we will discuss later.

This means that we can't change all IP address ranges immediately, But it can prevent DDoS attackers from directly finding the correct IP address to launch DDoS attacks.

The following Chinese characters are confession from DDoS attackers:
    作案手法什么的全告诉你
    3月份我认的大哥 他给了我一个工具
    就是python写的
    工具大概是4月份
    有这么一个支援包
    他给了一个ipstresser的用户
    叫我帮他搞
    就是他里面写的服务器 如果换了IP就更新进去
    那个时候好像只有doubi tb几个服
    后来他的帐户过期了 我就自己买了用 并且自己加了一些

You can know, These China criminals only know the IP address, When he see which server slot is full, He only needs to fill in the IP address and press the button.

So I only hope that you can change this simple attack first, Let the new server not be attacked so easily.

Excuse me, Do you understand what I said?
  • HATANO_KENJI
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    @therealroksteady

There are only less than 20 left in Asia, BF4 server.

Repeat every day, the server slot is full, DDoS attacks and sudden and disconnect.

In such a vicious circle, Let's have a server renewal group with more than €446.9, and we can't trust the current Asia multiplayer connection environment.

This is all decided by specific criminals from China, I don't think they are qualified to easily decide who owns the server.

Therefore, please let us at least not easily leak IP address information in Battlelog, Ok?

We urgently need your help!

• HATANO_KENJI
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2

Dear Sir, I know that you don't want to receive my message again.

But I rented the server again 4 days ago, And my server is again attacked by Chinese criminals.

I have to report to you about the current Asia server attack, There is currently no large-scale DDoS attack in Asia, But instead it is a direct attack against PORT.

Such an attack will cause some people to get the following error message.
    ERROR Game disconnected: Client closed down connection. Check your network connection and make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open.

And will show up on the game side: You have been kicked by admin.

But some people can join the server normally, This is very troublesome for us.

Because people who don’t know the reason will think that we deliberately kicked, and severe accusations.

So I think you have to remove the following code from Battlelog immediately:
    "ip":"43.239.136.72"
    "port":25500

Because when we enabled the server, we immediately suffered an attack, maybe also not get any compensation.

This is very unfair to us. Can you help us?

• IIPrest0nII
    1839 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
     Hello @therealroksteady ,

I don't know if you are aware about this bug or not, but in BF4 Battlelog I can't open my favorite battle reports and I get this error message:

FAILED TO LOAD REPORT

Could not find the Battle Report in the Statistics engine

Thanks!

• GPX-SYM
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited June 15
    therealroksteady 

Dear Sir.

I received a notice from a friend 3 days ago, DDoS attacker with a two-person criminal team.

It has been admitted that the BF4 Asian server is a DDoS attack launched by a two-person criminal team.

And announced that in the next time, continue to launch large-scale DDoS attacks until no server exists in Asia.

After the day before yesterday and yesterday, We have confirmed the remaining 19 servers in Asia, Is a take turns attack, as long as which server has a full slots, Which server will be launched DDoS attack.

The server owned by our team was attacked more than 6 times yesterday, And the intensity of the attack is more than 6 attacks in 8 hours, Other servers have the same situation.

The server provider being attacked has a total of 3 companies.

i3D.NET
    Fragnet
    GAMESERVERS

The most basic DDoS protection of the above companies in the Asia server location, But because Battlelog is really too easy to get information about the server.

Therefore, it is impossible to provide effective protection, For other reasons, the current server provider's IP address is fully under control.

If we have no way to delete the [join server] button as soon as possible, BF4 Asia servers may not be able to survive this summer.

Because of this two-person criminal team, Members are high school third-year university candidates, Just a few days ago, China has completed the university entrance exam.

So they have quite a lot of time to hunt the Asia server game, This is known from reliable sources. (If you need, I can provide relevant evidence)

We have lost more than 200 servers last year, Please don't let us lose the remaining 19 servers.

Excuse me, Can you provide relevant assistance?

Thank you!

Post edited by GPX-SYM on
  • Bastiema
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    @therealroksteady

Hi mate, can you plese look into the bug: "EA online is overloaded at the moment, please try again in a minute or two". This happens when we try to join a server....
    Tried everything from changing browser to reinstall BF4, cleaning history, cookies.... 
    We can't join any server from the battlelog always keep getting this error and a lot of people have the same issue

thanks
  • Aawulf
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Battlelog hasn't been tracking game reports for about 2 weeks now. Also, it hasn't been tracking platoon stats either. Well, at least this is true for BFH. It does still seem to calculate individual stats; otherwise I don't imagine that bfhstats would be able to process updates. But, Battlelog is currently broken and, in BFH, in additions to not updating stats for platoons and not tracking game reports, platoons no longer have their emblems for painting or on their gear. Is anyone aware or will there be a fix in the near future?
  • therealroksteady
     Hello @therealroksteady ,

I don't know if you are aware about this bug or not, but in BF4 Battlelog I can't open my favorite battle reports and I get this error message:

FAILED TO LOAD REPORT

Could not find the Battle Report in the Statistics engine

Thanks!

Hi Preston. That may be linked to the issue I mention in the original post here concerning archival storage of Battlereports. Unfortunately, it affects a few surrounding things. It's nothing I can resolve at the moment I'm afraid. Sorry