Black screen fix. Works every time. Just added video

HardAimedKid
11168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited May 2017
When you come into a game that has the black screen...

Press Start
Select "Options"
In Options, select "Video"
In Video, turn "Weapon DOF" from On to Off

If you play with DOF off still turn it on and follow instructions, you can see in the videos.

Back out to deploy screen and you'll be good. Make sure to go back and turn it off afterwards. Works every time

Been meaning to add this for a while and always forget, a friend of a friend was kind enough to share this on his activity feed.

In German

Post edited by HardAimedKid on

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    10143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Press Start
    Select "Options"

Back out to deploy screen and you'll be good. Make sure to go back and turn it off afterwards. Works every time

Press Start
    Select "Options"

Great catch! This should be a sticky.
  • HardAimedKid
    11168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Learned this from a friend of a friend who figured it out. We've tried telling as many as possible. If I happen to get black screen tonight I'll record this and add video. The directions are very self explanatory though
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nice! (Just hope I remember this when it happens again...)
  • HardAimedKid
    Write it down if you have to. Definitely nice not having to exit the game and reload it
  • crabman169
    12760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I used the back out and rejoin method but I'll try this if I get the black screen again (only gotten it twice)

Inb4 someone crying about how broken the game is and that dice should fix this ASAP because they themselves can't be bothered to use simple quick fixes or even try and figure out a fix.
  • HardAimedKid
    crabman169 wrote: »
    I used the back out and rejoin method but I'll try this if I get the black screen again (only gotten it twice)

Inb4 someone crying about how broken the game is and that dice should fix this ASAP because they themselves can't be bothered to use simple quick fixes or even try and figure out a fix.

Lol, much faster than backing out of game. Works as fast as going into your setting twice and it's solved. Hopefully not permanent. If people do this it will save them the time and headache of leaving games until it's fixed though
  • sparky2172
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gonna bump this seeing as it's potentially useful and was first page for only like 20 minutes or so.
  • HardAimedKid
    Thanks and it is useful. I was wondering if it would disappear before someone who needed to see it got to lol
  • TEKNOCODE
    10143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @LOLGotYerTags

Can we get a sticky for this?
  • crabman169
    12760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Should copy your op and make another thread in the bug sections and platform sections.

Bug section so the devs can see a little 'DIY' fix which would lead to the issue getting fixed and help out those that I having said issue

And the platform sections to help them out
  • HardAimedKid
    I posted in an already going thread in Xbox section. My friend had posted about it and it got buried so I figured why not try general chat to get more eyes on it
  • II-Katyusha-II
    1166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yay! No more having to back out and rejoin, maybe (have yet to try it.) You sir, and your friend are the greatest!!
  • HardAimedKid
    edited February 2017
    Yep, it will work for you. All of us who know it on my friends list do it now and it's nice not having to dashboard or quit or anything like that

Edit- Also like I said if I have happen to me tonight or whenever I'll record it so people can see. Very easy to do with the given instructions though.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This needs a Sticky!
    I loaded into a black screen first thing last night. Tried this little tip and presto...right into the game with no more black screen. Way better than quitting and reloading into a different match.

Sticky,Sticky for this little tricky,tricky!
  • wigtown
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sticky please so we dont have to keep reviving this like an overenthusiastic medic.
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Press Start
    Select "Options"

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Did I mention thank you.
  • HardAimedKid
    edited February 2017
    I guess maybe enough don't run into it? Anyways hopefully it helps as many as possible and thanks
    bapman63 wrote: »

Press Start
    Select "Options"

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Did I mention thank you.

No problem. I didn't find it, just trying to help cause my friends original post got buried in Xbox section
  • mihai2011rom
    792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Thanks bro. It works perfectly. Also, I will never put back that horrible blur. I always hated that garbage but I did not know you could turn it off.
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Reviiiiive!
  • MarkFury67
    745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What if my DOF was already set to "off" and I get the Black Screen Glitch?