Black screen fix. Works every time. Just added video

Comments

• Removed11322
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Doesn't work for me
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When you come into a game that has the black screen...

Press Start
    Select "Options"
    In Options, select "Video"
    In Video, turn "Weapon DOF" from On to Off

Back out to deploy screen and you'll be good. Make sure to go back and turn it off afterwards. Works every time

Great I'll try this next time it happens to me thanks

(ouch just bumped my head on this thread if only I could get a sticky plaster)
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MarkFury67 wrote: »
    What if my DOF was already set to "off" and I get the Black Screen Glitch?

If it was off (which mine always is) still turn it on and back off.
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow thanks man! Saves me a lot of time. Got this bug like almost never but still.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No problem
  • Mike_V1987
    597 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2017
    Thanks ill try it out next time. Still no excuse for this to be happening though, especially this late in the game. Hopefully it's fixed soon.
  • slappy323
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One weird little trick that I like to use when I get the black screen is to remember that BF1 is an EA game and play a different game.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Excellent find, if true @HardAimedKid

Will try it next time.

It's so frustrating joining buddies in Operation only to get blacked out.

Given how damn slow the menus are in this game, that sometimes means an entire 5-10 minutes waiting for things to load backup
  • HardAimedKid
    edited February 2017
    Yep, works every time. I keep waiting for it to happen to I can give video instruction, of course it's not happening now though lol

Have a video to post
    Post edited by HardAimedKid on
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, works every time. I keep waiting for it to happen to I can give video instruction, of course it's not happening now though lol

Have a video to post

No you don't ;)
  • okachuka
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It worked for me on a first try!
  • CH1R0N83
    708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you. I always wondered if there was a work around for this. One of my biggest peeves with the game is spending 5 minutes getting into a game only to be greeted by the void.
  • T0TALfps
    428 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V
    This likely wont be stickied folks, we have a fair amount of those as is - but what it will do is, it should help our team track down what is causing the issue a little bit better. So thank you for providing input on that!
  • cripsta12
    46 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    tried the trick on xbone tonight and it did'nt work :(
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I bet you were wishing you'd get the black screen so you can record the fix

Haven't had the black screen since you put the thread up but thanks for the post
  • HardAimedKid
    robmcewen wrote: »
    I bet you were wishing you'd get the black screen so you can record the fix

Haven't had the black screen since you put the thread up but thanks for the post

Kind of was. Don't think some believed me lol
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The first time i got the black screen of icons. I thought it was battlefront all over again. That;s all I got in that game unt
    T0TALfps wrote: »
    This likely wont be stickied folks, we have a fair amount of those as is - but what it will do is, it should help our team track down what is causing the issue a little bit better. So thank you for providing input on that!

some of them stickies up the could use some Googone....A sticky of quick fixes and helpful hints would be better than some others. ...cough,cough...Giants Shadow.
  • Dsubz
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    For those that have this issue frequently are you quitting online play from the game menu and waiting for the "Quitting" to complete in the game or just exiting the game by using the xbox button?

I started to quit within the game and waiting for the battlefield menu to come back up before I leave the game or turn off the console and I don't have this issue anymore. I was previously just hitting the xbox button and leaving the game that way.
  • HardAimedKid
    T0TALfps wrote: »

With all the crap you guys have stickied i dont see a reason why this wouldnt be. Clean up these boards, they are a mess.

Well I suppose that it's unlikely that something that has gone unaddressed and can be fixed by some Cracker Jack method such as this and brings more attention to the issue probably wouldn't be stickied lol.