Black screen fix. Works every time. Just added video

Comments

• MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Excellent find, OP! I can confirm this works on 3 seperate occasions (3/3). I always have my Weapon DOF turned OFF anyway, but simply switching it causes the black screen to go away once I return to deploy menu.

Bravo Zulu
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Like I said, I didn't find this a friends friend did. Just trying to help out as many people as possible and I'm glad that some people are seeing this
  • robmcewen
    3004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just had the black screen happen and did your friends fix and it worked, pass on my thanks to your pal shame the match was a steam roller and I was on the wrong side
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    No problem. I'm about to link another guy who has some problems to this thread

@LOLGotYerTags this isn't directed at you, but frustrating. My friend and I have provided a simple way to deal with the black screen since it obviously is an issue and has been since day one and hasn't been fixed.

You guys close thread after thread for repeating the same topics. I've seen 4 today on black screen and they aren't getting closed. There is one thread on here that can help EVERYONE who encounters a black screen. Why you guys letting my thread get buried?

@T0TALfps @StarscreamUK @Braddock512

Anyone??
    Post edited by HardAimedKid on
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

@LOLGotYerTags this isn't directed at you, but frustrating. My friend and I have provided a simple way to deal with the black screen since it obviously is an issue and has been since day one and hasn't been fixed.

You guys close thread after thread for repeating the same topics. I've seen 4 today on black screen and they aren't getting closed. There is one thread on here that can help EVERYONE who encounters a black screen. Why you guys letting my thread get buried?

Anyone??

I think it would make a great sticky. Not sure why we need the Giant's Shadow sticky still up there. Replace the 2 maybe? Just a humble suggestion.
  • wrghjkv
    700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Never seen that on PC. Thank god, if I saw that I might thought my VGA is malfunctioning and bought new one.
  • HardAimedKid

Anyone??

I think it would make a great sticky. Not sure why we need the Giant's Shadow sticky still up there. Replace the 2 maybe? Just a humble suggestion.

Or favorite map? Or spectator mode? Nah let's bury a real problem and maybe people will forget lol.
  • BILLDOOR67
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Works a treat for me. Cheers buddy.
  • HardAimedKid
    No problem
  • StarscreamUK
    7271 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    stickies are out of my hands anyway, I can't create or remove them, so sorry I cannot help here :(
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thread is pinned in the Battlefield Discord :)
  • HardAimedKid
    Yep, seems to be.
  • badhooverdog
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bump & Thank you!

Used this last night. So easy
  • egga1990
    73 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well thanks heaps man this should be a sticky for sure
  • HardAimedKid
    Thanks guys
  • shikari2007
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks for this little work around.

Unluckily(or luckily depending on how you look at it) this happened last night on my first game of the night after work/patch, little tinker in the seetings back out/back in and the black screen of nothingness/markers had been replaced with the lovely squad screen visuals as should be.

+1 to OP
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    When you come into a game that has the black screen...

Back out to deploy screen and you'll be good. Make sure to go back and turn it off afterwards. Works every time

You should edit your main 1st post and put the video in it, so that people can see it immediately. Here is a video with the fix in German menu language (if you want paste this video too, then add this two halfs and paste it):

1. https://www.youtube.com/
    2. watch?v=sCPw28CokDg

• HardAimedKid
    edited February 2017
    AFROSRB wrote: »
    When you come into a game that has the black screen...

Back out to deploy screen and you'll be good. Make sure to go back and turn it off afterwards. Works every time

You should edit your main 1st post and put the video in it, so that people can see it immediately. Here is a video with the fix in German menu language (if you want paste this video too, then add this two halfs and paste it):

1. https://www.youtube.com/
    2. watch?v=sCPw28CokDg

Your video is all professionally done compared to mine lol. I'll add to my main post. Any Spanish from anyone?

Okay added yours just now. If anyone gets the unfortunate opportunity to record in another language I'll add it to the main post also
  • HardAimedKid
    Thank you