Black screen fix. Works every time. Just added video

Comments

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It fixes the black screen when I reset everything. I've tried what you said but it doesn't work (for me anyways)

Well I'm glad resetting it works. Still better than leaving and rejoining
  • pintobeens
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks dude
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It worked. Not for me but the guy I was with

10/10 would upvote again
  • D4rthGinge
    187 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Nice find OP. This is a frustrating bug! Saved me some anger there. Thanks!
    Also. Why isn't this stickied!
  • Rebazdecaesar
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Thx nice video
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Thank you. Just saw this appear here
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3076 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is the type of thread this forum needs more of, helping people out and not whining. gets my vote as the most helpful thread
  • RANGER_FROM_BAJA
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When you come into a game that has the black screen...

Press Start
    Select "Options"
    In Options, select "Video"
    In Video, turn "Weapon DOF" from On to Off

If you play with DOF off still turn it on and follow instructions, you can see in the videos.

Back out to deploy screen and you'll be good. Make sure to go back and turn it off afterwards. Works every time

In German

Thanks M8, hated being on a great team and the screen is black the next round
  • XPoorJudgmentX
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Works for me, tried it after it happened yesterday. Used to hit the MS Button and select another game on the dashboard to load and then switch back to BF1 & restart the game.
  • MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've used this at least 10 times now. Probably the best information I've received in this forum to improve the experience.
  • HardAimedKid
    Glad to know it's helping people
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3076 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It worked again for me last night if only Cortana worked when I told the X-box to record it instead of opening an internet search for bus timetable instead
  • HardAimedKid
    robmcewen wrote: »
    It worked again for me last night if only Cortana worked when I told the X-box to record it instead of opening an internet search for bus timetable instead

LOL yeah I just double tap the guide and press X. Cortana is a hater lol
  • thenotgeekygeek
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    what is weapon DOF?
  • HardAimedKid
    edited February 2017
    what is weapon DOF?

If on, it creates a blur to help "focus" more on where you're aiming, I'd prefer to be able to see as much as possible and see no benefit to playing with it on.
  • CPU_UK
    1095 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I thought it supposed to be played in the dark O_o
  • purpleflump
    260 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Thanks mate
  • HANSGRUBER30
    Nobel prize for services to battlefield goes to

• HardAimedKid
    robmcewen wrote: »
    Nobel prize for services to battlefield goes to

lol that's awesome thanks man. I do have to make clear to anyone who may not have seen, I did not find this, just helped a friend spread the word so that as many people could see this as possible