Black screen fix. Works every time. Just added video

Comments

• robmcewen
    3004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    Nobel prize for services to battlefield goes to

lol that's awesome thanks man. I do have to make clear to anyone who may not have seen, I did not find this, just helped a friend spread the word so that as many people could see this as possible

OK the Nobel prize for services to battlefield goes to HardAimedKid's friend
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nobel prize for services to battlefield goes to

lol that's awesome thanks man. I do have to make clear to anyone who may not have seen, I did not find this, just helped a friend spread the word so that as many people could see this as possible

OK the Nobel prize for services to battlefield goes to HardAimedKid's friend

Hahahaha all parties involved are just happy that there is a way to keep people in he lobby.
  • BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Not sure if this situation has already been mentioned, but I received the black screen last week and I turned off Weapon DOF and it fixed the issue and I just left it off, never turned it back on and never noticed anything different.

Well, last night the black screen happened again and Weapon DOF was already off, so I turned it back on and it fixed the issue again!

I guess weapon dof is supposed to blur out the edges of the screen when your sighted in on your iron sights, but I never notice either way.
  • iSuckMcNuggets
    16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What does weapon dof do..
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    What does weapon dof do..

It blurs your peripheral vision to help give more focus when aiming I guess. I play with it off
  • GameTutorialsYT
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bump cause this thread is helpful.
  • StarscreamUK
    7270 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    1. Don't bump
    2. It's a sticky thread. It doesn't go anywhere so bumping does nothing.
  • BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but yesterday when I got loaded into the match I got a digital snowy multi-colored screen like on a tv set that lost its signal. I used this same fix and turned weapon dof off and when I went back to the game it fixed itself and the game screen was normal again.
    Post edited by BoWinston on
  • PANICATTACKER39
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    this hasnt been fixed in the latest update!. wtf
  • HardAimedKid
    Yeah I don't remember hearing about a fix for it. I'm sure one will come eventually
  • drew229621
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    *spam*
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • RANGER_FROM_BAJA
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    this hasnt been fixed in the latest update!. wtf

It works for me
  • MATT-CHEW82
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    159 hours online, got black screen first time ever. PS4

This fix did not work.

Thanks, DICE. I was 27-6 in 1st place too. :|
  • HardAimedKid

This fix did not work.

I've never seen that black screen. This fix is for when you come into a match with black screen
  • MATT-CHEW82
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

This fix did not work.

I've never seen that black screen. This fix is for when you come into a match with black screen

Yeah man. Halfway through Conquest on Giant Shadow. Ibwaa in a Bomber, got a quad kill on F and BOOM. Screen went black instantly. Ibwas srill flying and was able to turn the plane around and got a triple kill on a marked tank. Then I crashed lol.

Tried the fix in the OP of this thread, didn't work. Had to close the entire game and reenter BF1.
  • HardAimedKid

This fix did not work.

Yeah man. Halfway through Conquest on Giant Shadow. Ibwaa in a Bomber, got a quad kill on F and BOOM. Screen went black instantly. Ibwas srill flying and was able to turn the plane around and got a triple kill on a marked tank. Then I crashed lol.

Tried the fix in the OP of this thread, didn't work. Had to close the entire game and reenter BF1.

Yeah that sucks. Yeah this fix is only for when you load in unfortunately.
  • SoleSurvivor116
    233 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Finallly an actual solution. Although it wasnt all bad i managed to get a kill with the black screen
  • CaptainMillar123
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Have you tried going outside or attending your local milsim? Instead of playing a game that is historically inaccurate.
  • steelgate_icy
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Guys, I'm on a PC and have logged over 350 hours with a rank of 84. I can reproduce this black screen issue ALWAYS when I choose a bomber enabled plane, then when flying, toggle between the BOMB AIMING HUD in order to target where you want to bomb. BAM it happens with no recovery no matter what you do in the VIDEO settings. Only resolution is to exit game and restart.

I talked to EA tier 2 support , and they looked at my logs and examples and told me it was a HW issue and to validate by going to this URL and running the detection:

https://systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/battlefield-1/13404

I have a i7 3770K CPU and Nvidia GTX 670 GPU non-overclocked. Minimum CPU is *Intel Core i5 6600K. BUT, I see many other people seeing this issue, including XBOX and PS4 users, so it does NOT seem to be a HW or Platform issue, but rather a BF1 Video bug.

Is there any other way besides messing with the VIDEO settings in game to resolve this to keep playing? My next attempt will be to try to overclock my CPU to see if it works. If it does, I will post results here.
  • HardAimedKid
    Currently I've only seen black screen when loading in ad the posted videos show, I've never seen what you are describing