Black screen fix. Works every time. Just added video

Comments

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah this fix works for that also
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    If you watch the video I posted it has that crazy screen actually
  • thehighdrive
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why on earth hasn't this been fixed. I thought this is addressed within the first couple of months of the launch.
  • DarkTWR99
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    How about they just fix the damn game? Im not doing that.
  • Febelas
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for the post. This fixed the glitch for me.

Surprised/disappointed to see how long it's been around though. Seems like this lack of concern for the quality of their games is becoming a Dice trait nowadays...
  • X_justhaze_X
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    Why on earth hasn't this been fixed. I thought this is addressed within the first couple of months of the launch.

This is an all platform Legacy bug by the way. I had it on PC in BF4. I also seen forums online with X-Box players complaining about it. I get the bug changing Povs in BF1 flying. Also in BF4 using the Suav changing Povs.
  • MammiBoo
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

This is an all platform Legacy bug by the way. I had it on PC in BF4. I also seen forums online with X-Box players complaining about it. I get the bug changing Povs in BF1 flying. Also in BF4 using the Suav changing Povs.

ps4 is rekted more than x1. I believe it is latest firmware fault more than actual may patch ingame. My ps4 doesnt even recognize a pc monitor with endless black screen. Be happy you can actually enter in menus and ingame.
  • VolatileShifty
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    OOOOORRRRRR... Dice could just fix this. How is this still anissue considering all of the magical updates we've received.

But hey at least we've got map voting now right???
  • HardAimedKid
    I used to load into a game and get the black screen almost daily, I actually haven't had it in weeks
  • HardCor3Gam3r88
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    well i be damn thanks a million bro save the heart breaker of haveing to leave the game and come back nice fix :)
  • UteUncleBarryyyy
    543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    On PC I recently started getting the black screen bug during rounds every day, tried every solution I could find/think of and nothing worked.

Switching to the 'zoom/aim' view in planes seems to have something to do with it as others have already mentioned.
    Post edited by UteUncleBarryyyy on
  • mastabomba1
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have black screen also on my windows 10. gcard: gtx650, driver 378.
    When I start bf1, it goes to black screen but I can close it via taskmamager or alt+f4
  • SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont have this particular problem but dose anyone else experience getting a black screen/full PC lock requiring a hard reset when alt tabbing out of BF1?
    I've had it happen the last couple of times that i attempt to alt tab(or hit the windows key).
    It's rather annoying.
    I play on PC, windows 10 64 bit. Have been playing the game since the beta and it never used to happen until recently.
    I cant remember if i play in full screen or in borderless windowed? guess i should suss that out.

I googled it and whilst i found others experiencing the problem i did not find a solution. I had a look in the bugs and technical support sections of the forum and didn't see any sticky threads about it or anything on the first pages.

Anyone know what causes or how to fix this?
    Thanks. (sorry to post it here but its a similar issue i guess)
  • IziWinForMe
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I need help, It's not a black screen, but when I start up my BF1. I get a loading screen of my profile's personal information with the black military guy infront. But I am not even getting to see, like Singleplayer mulitplayer. I get automaticly directed to some information about 21 aug EA livestream about BF1. I am unable to exit that screen, since it' a fullscreen. I only hear the sound tho, if someone could help me. That would be nice, thanks.
  • MATT-CHEW82
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Black screen twice now in 3 days. PS4, North America servers. Switching from "regular view" to "undercarriage/bomber run view."

No suggestions in this thread have worked. I have to close the game ans reopen. :(
  • HardAimedKid
    This fix does not help your issue @MATT-CHEW82 it only helps the black screen that happens when loading into a game
  • trip1ex
    4698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I started getting this bug recently. Maybe not a coincidence that I got at new 1070 gtx gpu not too long ago.

I can see the flags, but screen is black. Sound is fine. Happens when flying. Maybe related to zooming in while flying. Once in awhile it appears and then goes away as if I was going to fly up into the blackness but quickly descended. Maybe I changed views and made it go away.

My fix is to restart.
  • AcE_0Z
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have had this problem before when i was running 2 GTX 570 Nivda cards in SLI in the past now i am running 1 GTX 970 Nivda card and the problem started again and the way i fixed it both times was to roll back to the second newest Nvida Drivers 385.28-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql and so far so good.
  • t0mwolf
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Thanks for this - Black screen drives me nuts! :)
  • doctim2
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have only ever gotten a black screen once, and it was mid game. I could still hear everything going on, but the video was completely black. Not 100% sure it wasn't my TV though.