Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

We need something better to shoot down planes!!??

ifish2012
88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Ive sat on a cannon damaging planes over and over...yet I think Ive only shot down 1 or 2?

I mean you shoot a hole in those papermache bombers etc..they should be falling out of the sky! instead they fly away only to fly by and drop more bombs on your head!!??

Were they that indestructible back then? Anyone else think they need to give us something better to shoot them down or make the planes more easily shot down? uhg

Comments

• Dratt_Dastardly
    39 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I used to do well on some games, killing six planes in one battle. But depending on the level of experience that player has in planes, I imagine they know how to avoid damage, repair quickly, and remove the AA threat.

The biggest issue I have at times, whenever I think planes are just running amok with the team without many stationary AA guns to use, it's usually hard to spawn a vehicle, specifically the AA Truck.

It would make it nicer if you could aim heavy machine guns higher and with 360 pivots. But they decided that was bad for a reason.
  • RevvinUK
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ifish2012 wrote: »
    Were they that indestructible back then? Anyone else think they need to give us something better to shoot them down or make the planes more easily shot down? uhg

A lot of planes were downed from small arms fire in WWII, obviously that wouldn't be much fun in terms of gaming but I think the current 'moves like a Tie Fighter, soaks up damage like an Abrams tank' has swung things a little too far the other way, particularly the fighters like the DR.1. People complained because they wanted their easy mode 100-0 K/D's like BF4.
  • Dratt_Dastardly
    39 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lol

Trying to fly with that dang console controller makes things hard.
  • KorpusDraige
    1565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    xGo2Guyx wrote: »
    Best way to kill a plane is with a plane! Learn to fly instead of being a scrub who spams AA turrets/trucks.

I'll be a scrub and spam the AA. Tell those pilots to come down to the battlefield.

There's more to Battlefield than just the ground...
  • full951
    474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    personally I think there should be a robust but not over powered buff of rifle and machine gun bullet damage vs planes

if you do some historical research you will learn a viable anti air tactic was to get a small group. of men to stand near one another and all aim at the same plane flying by.

I don't know if it would genuinely catch on but I know I would find satisfaction telling my sqaud mates to look up, then fire in unison and see a plane go down from ground fire
  • xGo2Guyx
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    xGo2Guyx wrote: »
    Best way to kill a plane is with a plane! Learn to fly instead of being a scrub who spams AA turrets/trucks.

I'll be a scrub and spam the AA. Tell those pilots to come down to the battlefield.

There's more to Battlefield than just the ground...

Never said there wasn't...
  • stuwooster
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have shot down a crapload of planes with infantry weapons. Scout rifles to the engine are the best bet. I did take down a bomber with an Automatico spray the other day. Very satisfying.
  • ifish2012
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    stuwooster wrote: »
    I have shot down a crapload of planes with infantry weapons. Scout rifles to the engine are the best bet. I did take down a bomber with an Automatico spray the other day. Very satisfying.

lol..no kiddin
  • ifish2012

blah! if I could fly I would ..lol
  • oof14346
    665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ifish2012 wrote: »

blah! if I could fly I would ..lol

I can fly!...into a tree, a windmill, a mountain, a flag, a building...
  • okachuka
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The tank: one shot kill to every plane and quaranteed kill's so the Bomba crew dont have time to bail the plane, simple and like a walk in the park eating ice-cream at the same time.
  • RuLa
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Get good in a plane or learn to aim an aa gun.....
  • bapman63
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The Red Baron was shot down by a single bullet that entered his armpit, passed through his heart and exited through his chest. This means it came from the ground, it had to pass through his aircraft before hitting him. We should be able to shoot down aircraft with our weapons.
  • Troopperfofo
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Martini henry + K bullets. As long as you can aim its works perfectly.
  • okachuka
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

How much Mh does damage with k bullets? Just curious, i have never really used Mh yet
  • bapman63
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Scouts are the only ones that carry k-bullets, what about support, I've unloaded full belts and got mass hit markers and it just flew on.
  • V2Face
    644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Planes are easy to take down. If you aren't complete trash.
  • xTopNotchTonto
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    AA seems to be enough to take down a plane if you're accurate enough.