Gas Grenades - Suggestion.

Triplexbee1943
20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Love them or hate them, they are here to stay. It is also clear that Dice have listened to the hate and are attempting to address this with changes coming up in tomorrows patch. We will see how that pans out soon enough.

My suggestion is this: Fire burns gas.

Think about it.

Now an incendiary grenade clears a room full of gas, your flametrooper creates gas free corridors, the flame tank likewise. This would provide a whole new countering mechanic and I think it would be pretty easy from a technical perspective to implement.

Next time you're playing and the gas is getting on your ****, think how nice it would be to 'kill it with fire'.

What do you think?

Comments

• DarIthris
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    From what I read, Mustard Gas is flammable but the issue is that it is very hard to ignite due to the contents being thick and make it hard have the right amount of oxygen to start it with the gas itself. So it isn't likely we'll see it possible to clear but I do like the idea that it can be cleared IF, a big IF; that if you throw a incendiary with the gas grenade, it'll explode (The gas grenade causing maybe 20-30 damage) and also cause fire damage to everyone caught in it which does its normal tick rate damage while also clearing it up entirely. Honestly though, I think this may be a idea that could be abused easily or I don't know, just a unusual way to have a very active combination of things to do something new.
  • bulletsearl
    1110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    So you basically want to turn gas-filled rooms or bunkers into firestorms of death?
    The idea of removing gas with fire is one thing, but your suggestion goes a little to far IMHO.
  • Triplexbee1943
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dalthris, I like your explodes thinking and hadn't thought of that at all.

Bulletsearl, yeah, that would suck. However, using Dalthris's addition to the idea, the gas could be neutralised with an incendiary, which explodes (damage level akin to say, mini grenade) and then is gone.

Thinking out loud now but you could also do the reverse. Player A lobs incendiary, player B throws gas to neutralise it. Resulting explosion causing mini grenade damage and then all clear.
  • uz_bolderaju
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm too old to aim and I hate campers with sniper rifles , so I like to play active with support class and I love gas grenades :D now I will drop them more often that before this "great" winer update !
  • GameWasGoodOnce
    6616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Love them or hate them, they are here to stay. It is also clear that Dice have listened to the hate and are attempting to address this with changes coming up in tomorrows patch. We will see how that pans out soon enough.

My suggestion is this: Fire burns gas.

Think about it.

Now an incendiary grenade clears a room full of gas, your flametrooper creates gas free corridors, the flame tank likewise. This would provide a whole new countering mechanic and I think it would be pretty easy from a technical perspective to implement.

Next time you're playing and the gas is getting on your ****, think how nice it would be to 'kill it with fire'.

What do you think?

Every explosion should push the gas away, shockwaves at work.

Other than that I'd like to see one gas grenade per Assault only and gas mortar for Support and gas bomb for Bombers, to get more realistic.