BF1 Reshade Tutorial Thread Improve Quality 1000% Easy to use

wabbits
292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited February 2017
What is ReShade?

ReShade introduces itself on its homepage as “an advanced, fully generic post-processing injector for games and video software”. Post processing is, as you might imagine, adding effects to the games image after it has been rendered. You may have heard of a similar project called SweetFX, and in fact ReShade includes SweetFX and a number of other tools. You can do all kinds of things to an image in post-processing. For instance, you could add scanlines to give a game that retro feel. You can add additional antialiasing, depth of field effects, tweak colours, blur or deblur and much more. In fact, the amount of options in the ReShade package is quite overwhelming, but don’t worry, as there are pre-configured presets for most popular games.

some people (mods included) have been running sweetfx since the beginning

Link to all BF1 SweetFX/Reshade Profiles:

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1413/

Link to the Preset in this video (Huge Thanks to jon30rockaholic) - UltraSharp Preset:

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/...

Gameplay was recorded at my native resolution of 2560x1440 @ 60FPS.

Have questions, comments, suggestions, or insults? Leave them in the comments section below!

below is some more videos and screenshots from the Community enjoy

tutorial_button.png

Follow instructions carefully on the Video Reshade 3.0 with https://reshade.me/ you get a menu where you can select your own presets alot easier then editing cfg files have fun , enjoy seeing some of your presets / screenshots

5XdMiq3q5ZccHpnHhXrQjljzKjnqtUoF3l0bNg_SpSXso7OcJacs-a7pU165wNbSOhPf=w300

Post edited by wabbits on

Comments

• Yumari_Safari
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That looks awesome. I, too, want to know if it's okay to use before I use it.
  • wabbits
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That looks awesome. I, too, want to know if it's okay to use before I use it.

correct
  • spynylcracka
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anything that you add to the game files that gives you an advantage should not be allowed.
  • wabbits
    Anything that you add to the game files that gives you an advantage should not be allowed.

but how give advantage
  • spynylcracka
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    wabbits wrote: »

but how give advantage

It is a visual advantage, back in BF3 people did get banned for changing game files. I am not saying you will get banned but you are altering the game.
  • Gun51ing3r
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It doesn't give an advantage (it just looks nicer) and it won't get you banned, I've used sweetfx/reshade in quite a few games and for quite a while now.
  • spynylcracka
    Gun51ing3r wrote: »
    It doesn't give an advantage (it just looks nicer) and it won't get you banned, I've used sweetfx/reshade in quite a few games and for quite a while now.

Modifications not intended by the game developer/publisher can be seen as cheating. I am not saying you will get banned but you are modifying the game and it should not be allowed. Just because you did not get in trouble does not make it right.
  • wabbits
    still don't answer the Questerino
  • Gn0sis
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i have been using sweetfx/reshade for bf3, bf4 and now for bf1. Still no ban, after at least 1k hours
  • xxSTAINSxx
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    you wont get banned.been using it for a long time.makes it look so much better.
    *removed images due to profanity*
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • NamelessForNow
    1471 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    xxSTAINSxx wrote: »
    *removed for profanity*

Wow!!! What an improvement.
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • MaCk0y7
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is anyone using this one? I downloaded ReShade 2.0.3 but there is no sweetfx.cfg to overwrite.
  • AshkaliN
    282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    I've read somewhere that you can get banned for using sweetfx when BF4 was released,so i never used it.If you want for your game to look a bit nicer, check this thread https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/86951/how-to-make-your-game-look-more-vivid-pc-only-screenshots-included
    Also CS:GO looks so good with DV at 100%
  • StarscreamUK
    7532 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    some people (mods included) have been running sweetfx since the beginning

it doesnt alter game files, and those who got banned for using it in bf4, I suspect they were throwing a bluff out there to cover up using a file editor which DID alter game files amongst other things.

now there is no definite answer as its not an ea program

but

i do not know of any mods banned for using sweetfx, indeed I even used it myself in bf4, bfh and battlefront.

but is it "approved", nope it isn't

but currently, there is no ban for it afaik
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1042 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You won't get banned. Been using it for years. It does not alter game files or give any advantage. It corrects the poor image quality and huge amount of blur we were left with since the December patch. If anything, ReShade puts the game back to how good it looked when it launched. Why do they scale down the graphics after releasing a game and were hyping it up through great looks and flashy videos... BF1 is coated in blur and slightly washed out colours in places. BF4 was coated in a brown/grey tint. BF3...blue!

If the devs would just make the game with natural colours, no artificial tint or blur.. i'd be happy not to use SweetFx or ReShade but until they do.. they are necessary.
  • wabbits
    sounds good
  • St0n3ymontana
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    None of this works in DX12 does it?
  • xxSTAINSxx
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    xxSTAINSxx wrote: »
    *removed images due to profanity*

sorry about the profanity,i never read the chat box..lol.
    i fixed the pics.

MOaNnKW.png?1

AeUENWz.png?1
  • JiggleWang
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FuhQnDie wrote: »
    None of this works in DX12 does it?

Reshade 3.0 will crash the game at start up under dx12 for me at least.

Not sure about sweetfx
  • Confucius_o_
    1870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Just gave the same profile a go and it was ghastly.

Far, far too sharp for my liking.