How Do I add Server Admins To my server

Comments

• CrashCA
    862 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why I will never pre order an EA game again
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    Why I will never pre order an EA game again

Ditto and I have preordered every BF title since I played my first one. Even SW Battlefront, Never again.
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    At this time you can only have one Admin - the server owner.
    Teams are working on more features.

Stay tuned.

-Braddock512-

Not even sure this would constitute a baby step...

To me it just seems like at this point they are purposely doing this to get us use to no more games with admin or dedicated servers.. Again I will say... LAST EA/DICE/BF GAME I WILL EVER BUY..
  • Naberius-Gage
    180 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If server admin does not pop up just click help then go back and it pops back up lol never give up just click it up.
  • Axlerod1
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Again this is why the game should have never been released.
    This just shows that DICE has no idea what the community wants and worse yet, they have no idea how to fix it.
    Player count is already below what BF4 was after more than 3 years of being out.

By the time DICE gets around to fixing this game, no one will care because everyone will have moved on. DICE screwed the pooch on this game. They don't even seem to care about fixing RSP. It has been over 6 months. DICE just needs to stick to doing what they do best and that is making games. Let someone else (3rd party) handle the server side. DICE has know idea on how to handle servers.

• Antivanity
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017

Stay tuned.

-Braddock512-

It's been a month, I'm gonna tune out, thanks.
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 2017
    would be amazing to get some insight into the situation from some ex DICE veteran. This seriously feels like EA lined up one year development cycle, with specifically banned features that would prolong the games life.
    I seriously cant imagine i would work "on something" at work for 6 months, with "soon" to the client in every report. I think that would work only during the pregnancy.....tho i am not really sure whats the productivity in the Sweden. Maybe its completely normal in every company up there.
  • iGodBody
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    kL-SnAjP wrote: »
    would be amazing to get some insight into the situation from some ex DICE veteran. This seriously feels like EA lined up one year development cycle, with specifically banned features that would prolong the games life.
    I seriously cant imagine i would work "on something" at work for 6 months, with "soon" to the client in every report. I think that would work only during the pregnancy.....tho i am not really sure whats the productivity in the Sweden. Maybe its completely normal in every company up there.

This is exactly what it is. Look up "attach rates", it's a term developers and publishers care a lot about. Basically they had all the DLCs & rent-a-server features ready prior to launch. The thing is, they need to prolong the game's life. The same thing happened with Halo 5. It launched with nothing in terms of multiplayer modes. A year later, it finally had all the bells and whistles of Halo. If they can update the game every few months and fix/add meaningless things while making it seem like they did something major, people have a reason to log onto Battlefield every few months. It gives the game a better "attach rate" when a year later it's still being updated. It gives the perception that the devs really care about the game, or that people are still playing it, otherwise why would they keep updating it a year later? And it gives people an incentive to purchase Premium membership. Which is basically how attach rate works. They make Battlefield 1 look SOO GOOD as a standalone product, by updating it continuously for a year or two, so that people will go "you know what, this game's been getting updates for a year. It's time to fork out some money for premium"

And on top of that they're making us pay for their servers with rent a server. My guess is, they'll slowly improve rent a server until all the DLCs are out. DICE/EA have to host Frontlines and Operations servers based on the new maps. They'll have to dedicate more new servers for the next DLC, etc etc. Once they feel like they have a huge load of servers to manage, they'll dump the remaining Rent a Server features on us so we can take the financial burden of running servers off their shoulders.
  • -A1-M3nd3m
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Stay tuned.

-Braddock512-

And today we still wait. You guys are a joke, you don't listen to the community and you don't seem to give a crap about the clans and players that spend money with you. Sort your **** out and allow clans to have white lists and multiple admins, its those servers that make your game look better.
  • Naberius-Gage
    180 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Don't be so angry guys I think they are testing new features in cte now for servers
  • GOA-Johnny-BK-
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why cte, they know what works already and know what we've been waiting for. I've never seen a company sh** on us so much but wait it's coming soon.
  • Naberius-Gage
    I'm pretty sure these are new features on a different engine and take time to develope for 3 systems. It was only realized at release we wanted this and later they said they would start to the timeline feels about right considering they have to make concept are for DLC code it implement it. New guns, patches, and fixing bugs. So they probably only had limited devs to do the work.
  • RR-Monkeyspanker
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Tbh they are not interested in the Pc world or clans. I think they are only interested in the consoles and they really are not interested in prolonging a game as it makes no money really after you have bought it. Better from a buisness perspective to move on to another game which then peoploe will pay money and so on and so forth. Dice or Ea will not be making any more money out of BF1 so why bother adding more features? Clans are of no interest to them and tbh clans like mine were fubared the day they stopped the ability of alltalk and changing settings on servers.
  • Madturnip
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm pretty sure these are new features on a different engine and take time to develope for 3 systems. It was only realized at release we wanted this and later they said they would start to the timeline feels about right considering they have to make concept are for DLC code it implement it. New guns, patches, and fixing bugs. So they probably only had limited devs to do the work.

LOL.....!
    -
    They only realized after release we wanted this? They have only been spitting out BF titles for 15 years all having pretty much the same type of controls for servers. Kick, ban, push map, restart round, VIP list, RCON, etc. They knew! They don't care.
    -
    You are partially right though. They have one game code to modify for three systems. That is their new motto! If its good enough for the console it's good enough for the PC. Not only that, but they have to wait for Sony and Microsoft to approve changes etc. So since they are only updating when they can update everyone at the same time now this is why we don't get separate PC updates.
    -
    Quite frankly myself, and everyone else, who wont buy another EA title mean nothing to EA. They strung us all along gaining as much hope support as they could get. While we told clan mates and friends to get it, buy it, purchase premium, they are going to give us what we want --- SOON! Just to sit here 6 months later and told to wait even longer. All just a ploy to gather more sales for DLC.
    -
    SCORE
    PC = 0 / Consoles = 1000000
    -
    PC BF titles RIP....
  • Axlerod1
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have to agree. Lets make a game for consoles and snipers only. LOL
    DICE has finally killed the battlefield franchise.
  • Jaskaman
    616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'ts a big loss to PC that there is no procon anymore. I have a lot of problems to get over it and frankly I hope procon will be in the next BF title if they wan't to have PC-clans/communities support. But we have hope they get RSP program to decent level some day... Has been taking way too long I agree...
    Multiple admins are promised to come soon, I hope they make it with at least 2 levels: Other level can only kick and other can kick/ban and set other admins/vip, because it should not be possible with all admins.
  • GOA-Johnny-BK-
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Basically they just need to approach us the way we are, PC gamers. There's no need to push what we want on concole and vice versa. This will be the end of BF1 for PC and DLC's won't matter. It'll be like Hardline all over again.
  • tldr_baz
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Basically they just need to approach us the way we are, PC gamers. There's no need to push what we want on concole and vice versa. This will be the end of BF1 for PC and DLC's won't matter. It'll be like Hardline all over again.

Those days are over I'm afraid, certainly in terms of the big publishers. PC is not their priority. They've been slowly chipping away at it for the past few years. Consoles have a much less crowded marketplace, and a larger player base, and those players are far less vocal in terms of how they want things to be. Plus they know all those "I'll never buy another EA game again" etc are mostly empty threats
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm still baffled on why after so many years of doing something that worked, why would they change it to this? It's a complete failure and whoever decided it was the right thing to do, should be demoted to forum moderator ;)
  • awake511
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi there, i need some help, i have been made an Admin to a platoon on bf4 and everything was going fine when i was changing the map rotation, but now when i click on server settings to change maps it kicks me out and comes up with an error code. ive done all the updates etc and im at a loss on whats gone wrong. I cant even change the maps inside the server room. Anyone got any ideas?