Ammo! Ammo! Ammo!

Claypole1
386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Just played a game of Rush (which we lost) and I needed more flares, so I go up to a Support player in my squad and ask for ammo. He doesn't put any down, just ignores me.

Eventually he runs off, so I follow him hoping to help myself when he resupplies himself. He didn't drop any ammo but got killed, so I picked up his kit and guess what? That's right, he wasn't carrying any ammo. Just mortar and limpets.

There should at least be some kind of indicator on screen to show that the support player isn't going to support you...

Comments

• hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2017
    yeah ,shouldn't be too hard to add down in the corner a " Support player xxx is XXm from you". Kind of like the deaths near you up in the right corner.

• cammoses003
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    true - was nice in BFH you could grab it off support players, or there'd be stationary ammo safes around each map.

great ideas, wish they'd implement in BF1
  • Exequtore
    1431 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    *Deleted*
    Post edited by Exequtore on
  • hawcer
    I do notice if you spam the spot button on the back of a support player, you'll ask him for ammo if he's carrying some....same with medics.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    hawcer wrote: »
    I do notice if you spam the spot button on the back of a support player, you'll ask him for ammo if he's carrying some....same with medics.

Wait, what? That's great news if true for me. :D
  • hawcer
    edited February 2017

same goes for vehicle too...spot the friendly vehicle and if there is an open seat, you ask for a ride...now, I seriously doubt the support,medic or transport driver will actually hear you.

I have had support players actually turn around and toss me ammo after spotting them and cueing the "ask for ammo" feature...
  • Dratt_Dastardly
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I can only guess that while he was playing Rush, he figured most would die before needing to reload.

I play Support all the time and always have crates. If I see someone with the needs ammo icon flashing, I'll drop some. If someone runs up to me and kinda dances, drop. I even run up past snipers after spawning, dropping a crate as I keep going.

Of course I'm also a bad shot so I need the points from resupplying desperately :smile:

Now when I play Medic, that's frustrating. I would love to launch grenades but having only a medical crate or syringe seems like a half-ing way to be one.

But back to Support, having two explosive devices is just sounds like a bad idea. Yeah, they can be situational but you get a good idea what you need. Mortar most of the time, crossbow for urban, and limpets for when vehicles or buildings are giving you trouble. But everyone benefits from ammo.
  • cammoses003
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

now, I seriously doubt the support,medic or transport driver will actually hear you.

i wonder if this is a feature thats affected by the audio options to have your teammates speak only in your language - that could be why some people seem oblivious (i experience it too lol)
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bf1 needs proximity chat so bad.
  • hawcer

now, I seriously doubt the support,medic or transport driver will actually hear you.

i wonder if this is a feature thats affected by the audio options to have your teammates speak only in your language - that could be why some people seem oblivious (i experience it too lol)

could very well be the issue....I would't know a teammate was asking for ammo if it was in a language it didn't understand. a few more months in this game and I might start recognizing some of the language...but i ain't got time for dat. So I just set it to the language I speak.lol
  • CH1R0N83
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've said it once and I'll say it again; ammo should be mandatory for one of the slots!
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

could very well be the issue....I would't know a teammate was asking for ammo if it was in a language it didn't understand. a few more months in this game and I might start recognizing some of the language...but i ain't got time for dat. So I just set it to the language I speak.lol

As soon as someone is near you assume they want what you got, had the supply been finite it'd been an issue but as is now there is no reason not to spam that ammo and aid.
  • hawcer

As soon as someone is near you assume they want what you got, had the supply been finite it'd been an issue but as is now there is no reason not to spam that ammo and aid.

yep, a good support or medic will spam out meds and ammo anytime they are able.
  • wigtown
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Spam it like you get points for it. Because you do.
  • von_Campenstein

yep, a good support or medic will spam out meds and ammo anytime they are able.

Sometimes the crate is all that stand between me and the almighty.
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yep. I run pouches and just pepper everyone I see with them. No need to hang around a crate.
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Claypole1 wrote: »
    Just played a game of Rush (which we lost) and I needed more flares, so I go up to a Support player in my squad and ask for ammo. He doesn't put any down, just ignores me.

Eventually he runs off, so I follow him hoping to help myself when he resupplies himself. He didn't drop any ammo but got killed, so I picked up his kit and guess what? That's right, he wasn't carrying any ammo. Just mortar and limpets.

There should at least be some kind of indicator on screen to show that the support player isn't going to support you...

Guy, you would be surprised (or not) how many players just don't know what they are doing. I picked up two different support kits looking for ammo and one guy had a repair tool and HE mortar and the other guy had a repair tool and Xbow grenade.

I just shook my head.
  • hawcer
    APBT wrote: »
    Claypole1 wrote: »

Guy, you would be surprised (or not) how many players just don't know what they are doing. I picked up two different support kits looking for ammo and one guy had a repair tool and HE mortar and the other guy had a repair tool and Xbow grenade.

I just shook my head.

really sad when you come across that in TDM or domination. :(
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Play with a squad who wins 80% of the time and you'll always have ammo. None of us run medic anymore though so when we die we die :( lol